Dennise Growing Under A Znet4 In Soilless Medium With Growology

Noooo I always feel better when I'm on the bike..:blushsmile:... I started taking some kinda new meds and yesterday was the second day and it kicked my azz. Had a bit of a time holding my head up but today is better. I have decided I am going back to soil so I am going to go pick up some more Fox Farms this evening. Was supposed to go yesterday but didn't make that either... :sorry: Hawk..... then I am going to grow out the Wild Thai clone with all Fox Farms just to see the difference. Don't know if it could get much better but am going to see. There has just got to be a way to use soil and the Growology cause I really like growing in soil better but am going to go all Fox Farms with that one girl.....:circle-of-love:

im late but never the less, GREAT JOB ON THE HARVEST!!!!:cheer::volcano-smiley:

Looks super nice A+ meds!:high-five:

I used to use foxfarms line up and had great success with it each time.

since ocean forest is a pretty hot soil i found using a 2:1 of ocean forest to light warrior to be a great mix even for seedlings. usually last the first 3-4 weeks or little longer of water only, just a lil FYI!

Have a great Day D!!:peace:

im just glad your ok hun. I got have my friend here.
When you come im going to give you one of these blackjack seeds to. My other order got shipped yesterday from the store so my other seeds your black rose and vanilla kush will be here in a week. but glad your ok.

Sir growalot. I use all ocean forest and I don't even mix it. I noticed when your start your seeds and then put them into foxfarm the plant adapts to it. leasti never had issue with it being to hot.

Noooo I always feel better when I'm on the bike..:blushsmile:... I started taking some kinda new meds and yesterday was the second day and it kicked my azz. Had a bit of a time holding my head up but today is better. I have decided I am going back to soil so I am going to go pick up some more Fox Farms this evening. Was supposed to go yesterday but didn't make that either... :sorry: Hawk..... then I am going to grow out the Wild Thai clone with all Fox Farms just to see the difference. Don't know if it could get much better but am going to see. There has just got to be a way to use soil and the Growology cause I really like growing in soil better but am going to go all Fox Farms with that one girl.....:circle-of-love:

I'm confused???? what kind ofsoil do you want to use that Growology wont work with?

I'm confused???? what kind ofsoil do you want to use that Growology wont work with?

I'm not trying to answer for Dennise here, BB, but I believe what she means is using Growology with the Fox Farms products specifically. They are very nutrient rich and using them with Growology full-strength runs the risk of overfeeding. So with those, you have to wait for some of the nutrients to be depleted, use less than the recommended amount of Growology, etc. It takes some guesswork and trial and error, but it can certainly work. But if you have a basic soil (similar to ProMix, which is a soilless mix), you could use Growology full-strength without that guesswork and get great results. (Wait, I guess I was trying to answer for Dennise - sorry Dennise, please correct me if I got any of your thinking wrong!)

Morning Fifi and everyone. The moon was still shining brightly this morning at 6am. It is 6:36am and still quite dark out. Getting closer to the fall.

That said, I contacted our seed bank and they said all their freebies are fems. ECK SeLLENT.

So, we're in the black. I really love this seed bank.

I'm not trying to answer for Dennise here, BB, but I believe what she means is using Growology with the Fox Farms products specifically. They are very nutrient rich and using them with Growology full-strength runs the risk of overfeeding. So with those, you have to wait for some of the nutrients to be depleted, use less than the recommended amount of Growology, etc. It takes some guesswork and trial and error, but it can certainly work. But if you have a basic soil (similar to ProMix, which is a soilless mix), you could use Growology full-strength without that guesswork and get great results. (Wait, I guess I was trying to answer for Dennise - sorry Dennise, please correct me if I got any of your thinking wrong!)

No Sir you are exactly correct and please feel free to answer for me any time. I am having a hard time with the ProMix and not feeling the "groove" with it for lack of a better word. I love the Growology nutes but I just like growing in good ol' dirt. I find it easier to know when to water (let both Growology girls get way toooo dry on several ocasions) and it just seems more natural. Now keep in mind John I am a total nut...:blushsmile:... so my thinking may be all off but am going to give it a try.... As a matter of fact I just dropped a BlackJack to germinate so hopefully the trial will begin Sun.... I always give them 72 hours in the can before I check for the tap root. I am so excited about this gem of a bean and I can't thank my garden supplier enough for the most generous gift!!!! I will post the info on the bean shortly but I think it is something like 24% THC...:volcano-smiley:... I also have some original Jack Herer on the way from the bean company I use... It feels like Christmas around here.
Oh and for you guys that have been around here a while be looking for the new backdrop on my pics...... See if you can find what is new....:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

Thanks Sir... I usually mix Ocean forest with Happy Frog 1:1 and like you said I only have to use water the first few weeks.....:circle-of-love:

nice mix....shoot even just happy frog alone is a great soil, ive had great success with it too...just safe to say fox farms is just good dirt:)

Sir growalot. I use all ocean forest and I don't even mix it. I noticed when your start your seeds and then put them into foxfarm the plant adapts to it. leasti never had issue with it being to hot.

very nice Grayhawk! i havent had such great success doing so but each plant will respond diff then the next for sure...would def save money too to not mix in extra lightwarririor if you can get away with it...

I wonder too if the soil mix has changed any since i tried planting straight into it prolly 6 years or so ago???

I have only been growing since Nov of last year so I really don't know if the FF has changed their formula any but I know I feel a lot more comfortable using it than the soilless medium. I do want to clarify though that it has nothing to do with the performance of the Growology. I love the simplicity and the end product of the Growology and compared to the other lines of nutes they are priced extremely well for the results you achieve but I just like growing in dirt. I really can't speak enough about how well the product works and if you have no issues with working with the ProMix I would highly recommend it but I much prefer growing in dirt so just thought I would give it a try. I think the main reason is the beginning stage when they are going from germination to dirt. I have had a real hard time getting the babies to pop through with the ProMix. The B2B I popped recently is 4 times the size of the Black Russian I popped over a month ago and I am sure you can guess which is in what. Ok pics to follow shortly......:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom