Depot's 1st Grow - Buddha Purple Kush - Budget Setup - CFL

Feed it nutes every time if your doing 4 day gaps. Try with lower doses instead of what the bottles says. A lot of times it's true that less is more.

Is your thermometer an electric one or is it an old school glass jobby? If it's glass, is the glass in direct light? If so then shield the light from it as your temp reading will be off. The light shining on the glass will raise the temperature. Whichever thermometer you have, get the readings at plant level for accuracy.

Feed it nutes every time if your doing 4 day gaps. Try with lower doses instead of what the bottles says. A lot of times it's true that less is more.

Is your thermometer an electric one or is it an old school glass jobby? If it's glass, is the glass in direct light? If so then shield the light from it as your temp reading will be off. The light shining on the glass will raise the temperature. Whichever thermometer you have, get the readings at plant level for accuracy.
Hi, thanks for the tip on feeding. Will definitely go low with them, although plant didn't show any sign of disliking full strength or burns... better safe than sorry :cheesygrinsmiley:

This is the termo-hygrometer I'm using.. got it for like 5 bucks on amazon
IMG_20150313_102627.jpg

I'm getting readings at soil level (also got the ext. sonde inside soil to keep everything under control :riskybusiness:)

Also, I was checking the box out and had a nokia from 2008 in my hands, so I decided to take a close shot just to mess around aaaand
11102012764.jpg

That old 3.2mp camera is way better at close shots than this 8mp new generation samsung:
IMG_20150313_094643.jpg

IMG_20150313_093745.jpg

Am I wrong or I can see pistils already?! (on day 19 lol)

DAY 21 - week 3 veg

2nd nutes feeding at full strength today, watered 1L tap water (fifth day since last watering, should have watered yesterday but soil felt wet already)
Noticed a fast growth, I was a bit tempted to remove the bottom leaves since they are getting in the way of the flowering sites.. but won't do that since I read somewhere that autos don't have enough time to recover after a defoliation so I'd rather avoid that. I'm moving leaves around to make some space for light to reach most spots anyways.
Pistils are starting to grow all around but smell isn't noticeable yet unless sticking the nose on leaves :hmmmm:

Here's few pics and closeups
13102012765.jpg

IMG_20150315_173354.jpg

13102012767.jpg

IMG_20150315_173419.jpg

IMG_20150315_173430.jpg

DAY 27
3rd nutes feeding at full strength on day 25, light still 18/6, RH 50-70 min/max, Temp 21-28C (69.8-82.4F)

She's growing taller and wider every day, burned the tips of few leaves with the light bulb being too close but nothing major, can't even notice it unless looking close to the interested leaves
I still can't smell anything at all even though pistils are growing all around the plant.. guess it will start to smell in few days :high-five:
I'm still on a 1L tap water every 4th day feeding schedule

Anyways, here's some pics and closeups :Namaste:
sorry if some are not straight, forgot to rotate them

IMG_20150321_112404.jpg

21032008794.jpg

IMG_20150321_112728.jpg

IMG_20150321_112845.jpg

IMG_20150321_112752.jpg

21032008787.jpg

IMG_20150321_113255.jpg

All looks sweet here depot. Keep up the good work:goodjob:
Thanks for stopping by, I've been quite the lucky first timer until now.. no issues to worry about (damn, I called it) :rofl:

I've got to leave the plant unattended for a week or a bit more soon, a friend is going to water it (he's got no experience, will pre-mix the nutes for him ofc) but I'm damn anxious anyways.
The thing which worries me more atm is the growth in height, I usually raise the lights every two days to keep them around 2-3cms above the top.. I'm not sure what height I should put them to avoid finding burned leaves when I'm back - I read the plant usually doubles the size during flowering stage, but does that refer to height, width or both?

And no, can't get my friend to raise them, it's a complicated thing and I don't want him to touch anything except pouring some water in. :hmmmm:

The doubling of size would be more a reference to height my friend. If I was you I would measure any growth daily between now and when you are about to go and compensate for the height with your measurements plus a little bit more. At your stage of flowering there should not be too much more growth in height as the main stretch when flowering is the period between you flipping the lights and when flowers start to show. Just keep measuring to be sure though.

The doubling of size would be more a reference to height my friend. If I was you I would measure any growth daily between now and when you are about to go and compensate for the height with your measurements plus a little bit more. At your stage of flowering there should not be too much more growth in height as the main stretch when flowering is the period between you flipping the lights and when flowers start to show. Just keep measuring to be sure though.
Thanks MF, will definitely start taking daily measurements for a week.. that's a good idea

To be honest I didn't flip lights to 12/12 nor did I think about it (silly me?).
I seemed to understand that these autos do everything by themselves, hence why I totally took my focus away from this detail :confused:

But anyways, now that you remind me - I'm unsure whether flipping at this stage (day 29 from sprout) would benefit the plant (and the bill :icon_roll). Should I just go for it?

Thanks MF, will definitely start taking daily measurements for a week.. that's a good idea

To be honest I didn't flip lights to 12/12 nor did I think about it (silly me?).
I seemed to understand that these autos do everything by themselves, hence why I totally took my focus away from this detail :confused:

But anyways, now that you remind me - I'm unsure whether flipping at this stage (day 29 from sprout) would benefit the plant (and the bill :icon_roll). Should I just go for it?

Sorry Depot I had forgotten you were growing an auto so flipping the lights would be a bad idea. Keep the lights as you have them.

Very nice, small and healthy plant, I like what have you done on a budget. :thumb: The purple coloring! :love: Omnom nom nom. And I recommend velcro for the opening of your tent. How about smell? You get used to it after while and I was able to pick it up only when I walked into the room with my plant after some time outside on a fresh air. So I've made myself a filter for 15 dollars using only wire-netting, activated coal, ziptie, aluminiumtape and nylon stockings. And there are many more tutorials on this site (I was inspired by one of them). You can check it out in my grow- page 3. Happy growing! :Namaste:

Looking good Depot :goodjob:

Liking the purple in there.
I'm loving that purple shade aswell, and it's spreading out more and more every day! I didn't actually expect it getting the purple color, thought the word "purple" was just put into the name to make it look fancy-cool :laugh:

Very nice, small and healthy plant, I like what have you done on a budget. :thumb: The purple coloring! :love: Omnom nom nom. And I recommend velcro for the opening of your tent. How about smell? You get used to it after while and I was able to pick it up only when I walked into the room with my plant after some time outside on a fresh air. So I've made myself a filter for 15 dollars using only wire-netting, activated coal, ziptie, aluminiumtape and nylon stockings. And there are many more tutorials on this site (I was inspired by one of them). You can check it out in my grow- page 3. Happy growing! :Namaste:
Hey, thanks for stopping by and welcome.
I thought about changing the ghetto-looking way of the box "door" but couldn't really be bothered to make it all again also due to lack of time. soooo I took your advice and put 2 velcro strips on the sides, sure will spare me the hassle of replacing duct tape every time it doesn't stick anymore (it was like every 4 days :)) ty for the tip

About the smell issue I'm actually surprised I can't yet notice anything at all, even though buds are starting to grow all around. But it isn't that much of a problem as long as any scent stays inside my room (weather is starting to get hotter aswell, so I can keep the window open). Will sure use your cheap DIY way if smell becomes an issue!

I can't resist taking a close-up of purple colored buds growing, so expect pics soon :ganjamon:

Thanks for stopping by panda, glad you like them aswell :D They're getting more beautiful everyday!!

Day 37
Full strenght nutes (3ml/L bio bizz bloom), 18/6 light, Temp stable on 23C at soil level with RH 50-60%
Looks like it's stopped growing in height and is just developing buds.

- Flowers are starting to fill up and get bigger; leaves around the forming buds are of a nice purple color and sticky but no smell at all yet. Can smell a sweet scent on my fingers only when touching the sticky leaves but nothing 'strong'

I've got no experience, but that's strange isn't it?
A friend is growing the same strain with less lumens and smells much more (plants around the same age). What may be the issue?

Pics later this evening

Back
Top Bottom