Depot's 1st Grow - Buddha Purple Kush - Budget Setup - CFL

Looking good Depot.

Don't worry about the smell mate. Smell is not always an indicator of strength. Just think back when you were buying it on the street and not always the best smelling gear was the best smoke.

Enjoy your time away mate.

What he said ^^^^ :p

looking good there D, subbed for more.

best of luck

:Namaste:

Nice grow, this gets me stoked for my first grow, ill be following this journal

I bet Depot can't wait to see what they look like when he gets back! :D
You're right mate! ahahah
Missing her already

looking good there D, subbed for more.

best of luck

Thanks for stopping by 420bro and welcome :high-five:
More coming as soon as I'm back home!

Nice grow, this gets me stoked for my first grow, ill be following this journal
Glad to have you in greenlungs :welcome:

I raised the lights few inches before leaving, not too much actually.. Noticed a slowing growth in height so that should suffice (my friend will keep an eye out for lights too close anyways)
Peace :Namaste:

Hi everyone, I'm back home earlier than I thought and it's time for an update!

DAY 49 - starting week 8 since germination.
Found her bigger and healtier than ever, the top almost reached the light bulbs as I didn't expect that much growth in 10 days.
The main stem is just about to disappear as it gets covered with growing buds all around it. The purple color is expanding everywhere but mainly around the flowers and a light sweet scent can be noticed in the box (not as strong as I thought anyways).
Leaves around the flowers are damn sticky, had to wash my hands to take the resin and smell off after moving them around :cheesygrinsmiley:

Light is still on 18/6 since start and temps/RH are pretty good and under control.
Contacted the seedbank and they told me strain is usually ready in 6-7 weeks, but being in the 8th week can definitely say it's not ready yet.
My friend chopped it on the 10th week (day 70 if I'm not wrong) and wasn't happy at all with smell and taste but we'll see :D

When do you recommend to stop the nutrients and flush? I fed today with full strenght nutes for week 8 (4mL/L)

Here's some pics, will get some better closeups with other camera later

IMG_20150411_135430.jpg

IMG_20150411_135739.jpg

IMG_20150411_135401.jpg

IMG_20150411_135629.jpg

IMG_20150411_135522.jpg

very nice colour :thumb:

primo quality for sure, i had this exact pheno in my mind for long now, maybe i'll just go ahead and try it myself once i figure out how to work their website after i translate it

A nice surprise when you got home. Looking real good :goodjob:
Thanks MF, can't really wait to chop'n'smoke her, we can compare the final harvest and weight then :rofl: (just kidding, your ladies are huge.. just spent few mins looking at your last pics, awesome plants :D)
What do you think may be an estimated time of harvest from now, would 2 weeks suffice iyo?

very nice colour :thumb:

primo quality for sure, i had this exact pheno in my mind for long now, maybe i'll just go ahead and try it myself once i figure out how to work their website after i translate it
Hey 420B
Can confirm about the quality, I quick dried few lower flowers over night (which were far from the CFLs anyways and I'm pretty sure wouldn't have grown anymore) pretty sticky aswell even though really small and just smoked half a blunt.. got me good, acceptable taste, sweet and clean for a bud dried on a radiator
I had issues using their website aswell, even their support mails were in spanish and had to use a translator to get something right.. so I eventually got the seeds from the corner growshop who managed to order them for me.

What do you think may be an estimated time of harvest from now, would 2 weeks suffice iyo?

I would say at least a couple. If you don't have a microscope to check then you would be looking for the pistils to start to be withdrawn into the flower as the buds swell and pistils to start turning brown/orange but that would depend on the strain characteristics. None of your leaves look like they are ready to die off yet either.

You could also do like you have and take small pieces and smoke them at regular intervals until you get what you want. I would suggest another week of nutes and then water only until the end.

Hello Depot!

Buddha Purple Kush was my first grow ever last year. She got very purple and stinky and the smoke was soooooo good. I am an outdoor grower and she was in the ground from week 3. I only pulled her at 94 days when a third of the leaves had started yellowing. Buddha genetics rock. You are going to love the smoke. Looking forward to seeing your harvest photos :goodjob:

I would say at least a couple. If you don't have a microscope to check then you would be looking for the pistils to start to be withdrawn into the flower as the buds swell and pistils to start turning brown/orange but that would depend on the strain characteristics. None of your leaves look like they are ready to die off yet either.

You could also do like you have and take small pieces and smoke them at regular intervals until you get what you want. I would suggest another week of nutes and then water only until the end.
Hey, I ordered a 40x magnifying glass few days ago, it may take longer than 3 weeks to arrive sadly.. but the price was less than 4$ so I bought it despite the long shipping time. I'll probably have the chance use it in the next grow :high-five:
My friend's guess was 2 weeks and a bit more aswell :D

That's right, I'll go for another week of nutes then water only. thaaanks MF :Namaste:

Hello Depot!

Buddha Purple Kush was my first grow ever last year. She got very purple and stinky and the smoke was soooooo good. I am an outdoor grower and she was in the ground from week 3. I only pulled her at 94 days when a third of the leaves had started yellowing. Buddha genetics rock. You are going to love the smoke. Looking forward to seeing your harvest photos :goodjob:
Hey Bapple, thanks for stopping by!
glad to hear the smoke of this strain is good, I'm only a bit concerned about my plant almost not stinkying at all even though it's getting kinda close to the end.

Stay tuned for new pics and hopefully a nice harvest and smoke report :Namaste:

Sweet plant man! Keep up the good work!
Thanks man, I'm planning to upgrade the grow room with new lights and maybe a nice tent, all depending on how this first grow ends :D
have a nice day :peace:

Nice journal loving your plant im subbed. How much longer until havest??
Hi Gutta, thanks for stopping!
I've personally got no clue about when the plant will be ready to get chopped down. A bit more than 2 weeks rough guess

Be patient depot, good things come to those who wait:thumb:
Heey there
Patience is not my forte, but I managed to convince myself that there's only 'few days' left to wait:)
that'll make the waiting shorter ahah

Your journal make me excited to see what results I'm gonna get with my cfl setup:cheer:
You're going to do great for sure, you're using 7x my total wattage! :high-five:
I personally will be satisfied with anything more than 20 grams, it'd still be a good result for a first timer 64w CFL grow

shoot i feel the sam way!!!

Your plant is looking mighty fine Depot
Thanks GL :thumb:

Good luck with both your gardens; I can already notice a difference in size, but will be posting some more pics in a day or two
THINGS GETTING STICKY IN HERE :drool:

Back
Top Bottom