First 420 Grow - CFL - Budget - Soil - NL Blue & Midnight Kush!

There's always the next time,

If you can afford it you should run an HPS through the entire budding cycle, even if its just a 250W addition to your lighting. 600W is ideal IMO for a lot of reasons. I don't use 1000W lights, you end up paying a lot on your electricity bill ( if your running multiple) and the conversion of light to electricity use is crazy. The lumens is one thing you can check to see what I'm talking about, a regular 1000 watt bulb is going to put out 130,000 lumens (visible light), your regular 600W bulb puts 90,000 lumens. So if you ran 2 600 watts take away 200W worth of light would be 150,000 lumens.

You can figure out how much your grow room is costing you per month by taking the amount of watts being pulled (example: 1000W is 1 Kilowatt per hour) so if you added everything up and it came out to 1379W multiplied by the cost of your electricity (averagely 10-13 cents per kilowatt) 1.379X .12 X (how ever many hours, ill do for 24) we are at "$3.97 a day" to run that many watts 24 hours.

Keep in mind if you live way out in the middle of nowhere some companies charge you a delivery fee and that generally its the same cost as the electricity so for some people its more like 20-26 cents per Kilowatt.

Cant wait to see your future grows man keep at it!:thumb:

You tried to fim it? I dont or have I ever grown autoflower but I dont think you are supposed to do that is that correct? Still though man you will be getting a good sample taste and Im not sure of your smoking habbits but it will last a few weeks im sure. Plus growing is fun like really really fun but it takes so long and seems longer when you got nothing to smoke

You tried to fim it? I dont or have I ever grown autoflower but I dont think you are supposed to do that is that correct? Still though man you will be getting a good sample taste and Im not sure of your smoking habbits but it will last a few weeks im sure. Plus growing is fun like really really fun but it takes so long and seems longer when you got nothing to smoke

Yeah I actually went to high and pinched it. TBH it reacted the best out of the three lol. Like you say the smoke will last until the real girls finish was just a UFO.

I harvested SMR this morning btw, felt like the photoperiods needed the light more. She smelt like a sweet, mouldy mango mixed with jack herer :yummy: pics and dry weight to follow. Bring on the midnight kush and blue NL!

There's always the next time,

If you can afford it you should run an HPS through the entire budding cycle, even if its just a 250W addition to your lighting. 600W is ideal IMO for a lot of reasons. I don't use 1000W lights, you end up paying a lot on your electricity bill ( if your running multiple) and the conversion of light to electricity use is crazy. The lumens is one thing you can check to see what I'm talking about, a regular 1000 watt bulb is going to put out 130,000 lumens (visible light), your regular 600W bulb puts 90,000 lumens. So if you ran 2 600 watts take away 200W worth of light would be 150,000 lumens.

You can figure out how much your grow room is costing you per month by taking the amount of watts being pulled (example: 1000W is 1 Kilowatt per hour) so if you added everything up and it came out to 1379W multiplied by the cost of your electricity (averagely 10-13 cents per kilowatt) 1.379X .12 X (how ever many hours, ill do for 24) we are at "$3.97 a day" to run that many watts 24 hours.

Keep in mind if you live way out in the middle of nowhere some companies charge you a delivery fee and that generally its the same cost as the electricity so for some people its more like 20-26 cents per Kilowatt.

Cant wait to see your future grows man keep at it!:thumb:

Lumens are a scale of how bright an object is and do not add like you believe they do.

Not quite sure what you mean, I went and looked at your link and it describes a lumen as a measure of light that we can see and as it is different in the way the plants see light wavelengths, 600W bulbs are more power efficient then a 1000 watt bulb when your measuring Light intensity, wavelength or lumens. At least That is my take on it and I'm glad for anyone to prove me wrong. I was merely trying to use a measure that anyone can see and understand on a light bulb box.

A little further into it, the real argument is the 1000W bulbs have better penetration and as that is true, 600W don't run nearly as hot and you can get the light close enough to get the same kind of penetration. Same idea with the 1000 watts is if you can get them to run cool enough getting them 1 /2 feet to 2 1/2 feet away helps with bud production. No doubt you get bigger yields with 1000W, but that wasn't the point I was trying to prove.

Sorry if my info is not 100% correct, I'll be doing some research on the matter,

Have a good day everyone!

"If a light source emits one candela of luminous intensity uniformly across a solid angle of one steradian, the total luminous flux emitted into that angle is one lumen (1 cd·1 sr = 1 lm). Alternatively, an isotropic one-candela light-source emits a total luminous flux of exactly 4π lumens. If the source were partially covered by an ideal absorbing hemisphere, that system would radiate half as much luminous flux—only 2π lumens. The luminous intensity would still be one candela in those directions that are not obscured.

The lumen can be thought of casually as a measure of the total "amount" of visible light in some defined beam or angle, or emitted from some source. The number of candelas or lumens from a source also depends on its spectrum, via the nominal response of the human eye as represented in the luminosity function.

The difference between the units lumen and lux is that the lux takes into account the area over which the luminous flux is spread. A flux of 1000 lumens, concentrated into an area of one square metre, lights up that square metre with an illuminance of 1000 lux. The same 1000 lumens, spread out over ten square metres, produces a dimmer illuminance of only 100 lux. Mathematically, 1 lx = 1 lm/m2.

A source radiating a power of one watt of light in the color for which the eye is most efficient (a wavelength of 555 nm, in the green region of the optical spectrum) has luminous flux of 683 lumens. So a lumen represents at least 1/683 watts of visible light power, depending on the spectral distribution."

I found this in addition on the same website ( granted I don't like wiki that much)

"A given target luminance can elicit different perceptions of brightness in different contexts; see, for example, White's illusion.

In the RGB color space, brightness can be thought of as the arithmetic mean μ of the red, green, and blue color coordinates (although some of the three components make the light seem brighter than others, which, again, may be compensated by some display systems automatically):[3]

\mu ={R+G+B \over 3}

Brightness is also a color coordinate in the HSB or HSV color space (hue, saturation, and brightness or value)."

You wont get 150,000 lumens worth of intensity in the same spot but yet more spread out. Does anyone else have an opinion?

It is a budget grow after all :thumb:

Smoke report

Ok big apologies guys buds been ready about 3 hours and it's all gone/smoked ;) so unfortunately no pictures.

Strain: Sugar mango ryder (Auto)

Breeder: World of seeds

Indica/Sativa: supposedly indica dominant but very sativa like buds and high

Harvest time: 9 weeks

Yield: 8 gram

Artificial lights or outdoors: Indoor 200 watt mixed CFL

Odour: Very faint unless disturbed then a musky sharp sweet smell

Bag appeal: Except that it doesn't wreck, very impressive. Super sticky and full of crystals.

Stone/high: No sleepy couch lock at all, energetic head high. Lasts around an hour. Definitely a two hit quit, shudder, then angry birds :)

7/10

Seriously dude ugh what! Boo boo hope you enjoyed them.

A 8 Gram joint is pretty big. Dont usually smoke burritos here haha

A 8 Gram joint is pretty big. Dont usually smoke burritos here haha

Haha do they not sell RIPS in the states? A nice long fat bitch to sit in the ashtray all night ;)

Back
Top Bottom