DG's first grow Northern Lights

OK, time for an update
For those of you who don't know, I had a NL up and die on me:rip: Yellowed and died (some small leaves were even a little crispy) in 3 days. This was harvested on the 15th, a little bit early, mostly clear and a few cloudy trichomes. some pics of the plant and the harvest
100_0601.JPG

100_0603.JPG

100_0604.JPG

now curing about 1.5 oz of some pretty kick ass bud. A little green (naturally), tastes great in the vape, hits you like a sledgehammer out of the pipe, fucks you UP in a blunt. I get an awesome buzz off this stuff, and I get thumbs up from other people who try it. Taste is pretty neutral, a little hashy. Collects a lot of kief in the bottom of the grinder.
100_0612.JPG

100_0615.JPG

And here's my fat baby about 1 or 2 weeks from harvest. I might actually get 3 oz or better off her. I HAVE to keep a mother plant from this one. Took 8 clones, hope at least one of them takes.
100_0610.JPG

100_0605.JPG

100_0607.JPG

Great looking buds man. Hows the smell and taste?? They look very tastey
:grinjoint:

Dakota! You had an awesome harvest on a plant that croaked! That harvest loks better than some grown to term.
I had a girl that just died, like she just dropped dead and no other girl was affected. Despite recusitative efforts, she succumbed cause never determined. But your lady gave you a very nice gift. You have the touch I think!!

yeah, I was pretty excited to have such a good harvest off the sickly one. Some of the other plants are gonna be awesome, they're starting to swell and get a lot more dense; I'm thinking I'll be harvesting a couple more in a week or so. The smoke from the NL is really something else, it hits you like a sledgehammer to the chest and actually tastes a little hashy. Experienced smokers like it, novice smokers are completely annihilated by it.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to update for awhile, but here's the deal:
I harvested another NL a couple days ago, it got sick about the same time as the last one died but lived another couple weeks. I'll post harvest pics when I jar it up for curing.
Two more will be harvested in about a week, they're showing mostly cloudy trichs with a few more amber every day. The other one is a little slow to finish up. They've ALL been slow to finish, I thought NL was a fast finishing variety (100% indica), but they're on week 13 and the only ones harvested are the ones that died on me. I think I'll be sticking with mostly indica varieties for my grows, I can't imagine how long a pure sativa (or even a sativa dominant) would take to finish up.
The ice and papaya are still looking good. The ice has a kinda different smell, but the papaya smells very fruity.

here are a few shots of the NL monster. Every one of those buds is absolutely rock solid:smokin:
100_0616.JPG

100_06171.JPG

100_06201.JPG

100_06211.JPG

the clones I took from her (only one still seems to be alive)
100_06241.JPG

my jungle
100_06251.JPG

100_06261.JPG

mother fucker that is some good shit, i'm givin u as many reps as i can, great job!

after 2 weeks of curing, the NL bud from the first plant is starting to mellow out quite a bit. I've been smoking it all day every day for a couple weeks and it still gets me high as hell. It tastes absolutely awesome in the vaporizer. The bud from the second plant is a bit stickier and stinkier than the first one; I think it'll be some awesome bud after a cure

Back
Top Bottom