DIY Veg & Flower Box

re: DIY Veg & Flower Box

What light you using? I can survive that low with my mars 300 for awhile but at 12 she got toasted.
I am using the Viparspectra Par 600. I also employ the services of 1-125 watt CFL 6700 K with 2 65 watt CFLs 2700K and 2-42 watt CFL 6700 K and 2-42 watt CFLs 2700 K For a total of somewhere around 700 total watts.

So from all said above I might be OK with the Meizhi 300 then ? I think I'll chance it could always use a wardrobe if it is to much good thing is they an be Daisy chained so could get 2 of them in a wardrobe no problem with height that way .

Flip that sucker on its side lol my biggest cab is very versatile I can set it up with one big plant, two mediums, many smaller ones or a combo:
420-magazine-mobile1092721986.jpg
420-magazine-mobile366654703.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1016990509.jpg

This is my medium cab since the big one is out of rotation right now
420-magazine-mobile686695380.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1955797568.jpg

All of my cans are ventilated with these AV Case fans on thermostats
420-magazine-mobile377712963.jpg
420-magazine-mobile805801409.jpg

Sorry about all the pictures, but with a little more space you can have a decent yield and have better options for lights with fewer restrictions. IMO a single 300w would have to be at a fixed height slammed to the top with 1 foot plants or you may have issues.

How about something like this, it's 32×32 with over 5ft of height. They also have a 24×24×63 for $45. I grow in tents and they do a good job and they already got all the port holes for fans and everything. Just a thought, oh by the way subbing to your journal if you have room for one more lol...️
9ddc2065e98467b19318e102a70ead59.jpg

Flip that sucker on its side lol my biggest cab is very versatile I can set it up with one big plant, two mediums, many smaller ones or a combo:
420-magazine-mobile1092721986.jpg
420-magazine-mobile366654703.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1016990509.jpg

This is my medium cab since the big one is out of rotation right now
420-magazine-mobile686695380.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1955797568.jpg

All of my cans are ventilated with these AV Case fans on thermostats
420-magazine-mobile377712963.jpg
420-magazine-mobile805801409.jpg

Sorry about all the pictures, but with a little more space you can have a decent yield and have better options for lights with fewer restrictions. IMO a single 300w would have to be at a fixed height slammed to the top with 1 foot plants or you may have issues.
Very nice.

Very sweet pics bro and no need to apologise all help and info is well appreciated .I think I'll start of in this and get an old wardrobe one that I can get a carbon filter in for flowering and just use this for veg and cuttings but as I said before money is short this time of year so I'll do as and when I can . I must say your set up looks cool I can't use tents as I have a kid and my friend and family come around often so its gotta be as stealthy as possible lol

Also do you use a carbon filter and what do you think of activated carbon sponge ? I think the PC fans should be able to push or pull the air through the sponge but not sure if the sponge will kill the odors ? Is your cabs got temp control with the PC fans if so how'd you do that seems a great idea cheers again Growchy

I didn't use an in-line fan or carbon can but I tried the pads and they don't work very well, and I built a custom pull through filter with the activated carbon pellets and a stocking but that doesn't work either. If you need to eliminate the smell as opposed to masking it, you have to get the real deal carbon canister filters with a proper fan. I just use the custom filter and an automatic air freshener whenever we have company. The temp controller I use is made by the same company as the fan so it was a plug and play operation.

That's really smart could you put a link to the website that you got the temp control and fans from . I like the idea of having full control of my cab and thanks for the heads up on the carbon foam , think I'll give it a miss and use an automatic air freshener lol one in every room in the house haha . When I get a closet I'll invest in a real fan and carbon filter .

Sorry about the slow start up but better slow than no lol. So I ended up ordering a marshydro 300w led it arrived today, this is it installed in my dresser.
DSC_0014162.JPG

I should have some seeds in the next week or so, does anybody have any suggestions of strains for me thanks

Hi all back with an update, I left the box turned on overnight to see the temperature and humidity levels. The temperature got to 25.7 Celsius at its highest which I'm happy with and humidity was low as expected. The humidity will raise with plants living ✌ inside the grow box, so far everything seems to be good.. I know I've went against the advice given by getting the Mars hydro 300w led but I've watched lots of video and see people's buds sometimes get as close as a couple of inches away from the more powerful leds (600w) so I'm hoping this should be ok lol fingers crossed anyway.
I'm am still on the look for the right strain and not sure which to go with? I plan to do a photoperiod strain and lst into a scrognet any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also thought about autoflowers but decided photoperiod strains are better for this grow as they are more forgiving and I can choose when to flower.
Thanks again guys have a goodin and stay high.

Back
Top Bottom