Double Double Soil and Bubbles

thought i'd get sub'ed in....dont know much about bubbles, except in cloners, so this will be an adventure....what kind of plants? or did i miss it somewhere? hope your head feels better....L:thumb:

Hey lavendar! Right now I have some bagseed in soil waiting to come up. I also plan on getting some clones from my dispensary. Right now I am at a standstill because Stealth Hydro forgot my Rockwool that comes with the kit, and the additional slab of 21 cubes that I ordered. They are also sending me a replacement ONA gel. Since it exploded all over the box my stuff came in.

I am doing Soil Mamas for clones. It isn't a Deep Water Culture rig, just Deep Water Culture, so it would be difficult to start seeds with no way to feed them.

I'll be picking your brain about clones and I'll be doing soil mamas in FFOF soil.

Thanks for signing up!

Stuff I still need for the Grow:

1. 4 Hydronet baskets (DIY DWC Res)
  2. More Hydroton (DIY Res)
  3. Surge Suppressors
  4. Gallon Jugs (keep milk gallons and rinse thoroughly) have 2, need about 4 more to go.
  5. 5 Gallon Buckets (kitty litter buckets and rinse thoroughly) have at least 4 of these
  6. Clone Tray and Dome
  7. Clonex Gel
  8. PH Calibration Solutions
  9. Oscillating Fans Can get these at Wally World for 14 bucks
  10. 5000k Lumen CFLs for Vegging
  11. Brooder Ballast (walmart has metal ones for 12 bucks)
  12. Light extender and Splitters (you screw it into the lamp and it gives you a couple extra inches on the outlet, and those Y splitters for lights)
  13. Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
  14. Fox Farms Hydro Nutes
  15. Perlite
  16. Recipe for Success Kit
  17. Sunglasses (damn lights made me snow blind last grow) Dollar Store ;)
  18. Weatherstripping to light proof the closet door Can get that at wally world
  19. Panda Film
  20. Framing material for light proof enclosure Hardware store.
  21. Mylar
That's it for now. I have all the expensive items. I told Hubby I want to get most of this list for birthday presents. Along with some clones ;)

Update to notes...

Looks like you got everything you need, If I were you I would get another air stone bar and pump. That one stone isnt going to be nearly enough bubbles for that tub.

I put 2 8" stones each on there own pump inside my 5 gal bucket this grow, And there is a good amount of bubbles now. Check the link in my sig for my current grow pics.

bubbles4.jpg

I'm in! :tokin:

As Dreks5.3 suggested you may want more air stones. Slappy & I believe it's not possible to have too many bubbles or too much oxygen and more is much better than too little. (we currently have 6 - 10" air stones for four plants in ~9 gallon tub & our air pump can handle 20 lines I believe so we use it for both our tubs/rooms)

And you may have read it somewhere but be sure to rinse the hydroton pellets a LOT. And when you think you've rinsed them enough, rinse them some more :). (we have a colander dedicated for this purpose)

Good luck with your first DWC grow. I firmly believe you will not look back after this experience.

Looks like you got everything you need, If I were you I would get another air stone bar and pump. That one stone isnt going to be nearly enough bubbles for that tub.

I put 2 8" stones each on there own pump inside my 5 gal bucket this grow, And there is a good amount of bubbles now. Check the link in my sig for my current grow pics.

bubbles4.jpg

Thanks Dreks!

I have these:
DSC029182.JPG

Dsc02913sm.jpg

So in total I have 6 airstones ( one 10 inch, one 12 inch, 1 18 inch, and 3 1 inch stones.

I am going to exchange the 18 inch stone because it is too big. It was all they had the other day.

Thanks for signing up, + Reps for you!

I'm in! :tokin:

As Dreks5.3 suggested you may want more air stones. Slappy & I believe it's not possible to have too many bubbles or too much oxygen and more is much better than too little. (we currently have 6 - 10" air stones for four plants in ~9 gallon tub & our air pump can handle 20 lines I believe so we use it for both our tubs/rooms)

And you may have read it somewhere but be sure to rinse the hydroton pellets a LOT. And when you think you've rinsed them enough, rinse them some more :). (we have a colander dedicated for this purpose)

Good luck with your first DWC grow. I firmly believe you will not look back after this experience.

Thanks Skooter!

I plan on taking my hydroton in the shower with me. I read it as a tip in the Deep Water Culture Tutorial.

My 2nd pump is from my old 40 gallon fish tank. I plan on getting some splitters and splitting up the pumps lines (both mine, and the one SH sent me). If I can give you some plus reps again, I will!! Thanks for signing up!

Thanks Scardeecat!

I'm going to count on you, the Deep Water Culture, and all my posters here to this thread for help! My biggest fear is KILLING all my plants with the hydro.

I'm in:goodluck:

HH

Thanks Hippy!

I know you do soil and hydro too. So I'll be asking you for tips as well! My plans are to do soil mamas for clones, and then once the clones have a good root structure, stick them in the DWC. Let me know if I should reconsider other options.

Plus Reps for you for signing up!

I am strapped in and ready for the ride. First Hydro grow I'll be following and I am all eyes and ears. BTW, what's your approximate equipment outlay including lights?

I have a Stealth Hydro Dual Spectrum Light kit, one 2700 k lumen flowering bulb, 1 5000 k lumen Vegging bulb. I plan on taking the floor lamp with the three light outlets on it and hanging it sideways via chains and adding the clamped lights to the floor lamp.
Hang on, let me show you a pic of the floor lamp
Dsc02905sm.jpg

i also have a "trouble light" that I stole from the garage (hubby's domain) and told him I would get him the kind on a handle with a hook.

I need to get more 5000 k lumen CFL's for vegging, I have 6 2700 k lumen CFL's for Flower.

Does that answer your questions?

Here's a pic of the Steal
DSC029481.JPG
th Hydro Light Kit

You should really get 6500k instead of the 5000k. You have much better results. the 5000k are mostly useless middle spectrum white crap that your plants wont be able to use. The 6500k contains a lot more usable light. Also just a heads up the 6500k,5000k,2700k, ect referees to their color temperature not lumen.

Hope your having a great Sunday!

I'm having a hard time finding the higher lumen (5000 and 6500 k lumen) lights. Yup, I know that the lumen rating is the light color/temperature for the light it emits. I am just using them to differentiate the color of the bulbs. ie vegging and flowering

I might have to go to 1000 bulbs.com and order them. Wallyworld doesn't have them. Home Depot and Lowes are 50+ miles away.

please correct me if im wrong but i read in another thread that the lower kelving bulbs are for vegging, such as 2700k and the higher ones, 5000-6500k were for flowering. I'm doing it that way atm. your plants look real nice btw, im a first timer trying to get my thumb green.

please correct me if im wrong but i read in another thread that the lower kelving bulbs are for vegging, such as 2700k and the higher ones, 5000-6500k were for flowering. I'm doing it that way atm. your plants look real nice btw, im a first timer trying to get my thumb green.

You are correct!

I got my info about lights here: CFL Light Tutorial

I think it will answer your questions...

Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom