Size of light? 600W
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 65 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? 45
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? Weekly
Type and strength of ferts used? Foxfarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom

Started germination on 1/20/20 at about 8:30am (soaking). One seed ('Vanessa' started splitting). At about 11:00pm, I moved the two to a moistened paper towel.

1/25/20 Vanessa sprouted a root. Siobhan has not and, as per the website, I'm letting her sit in a cup of distilled water until she learns her lesson.

1/26/20 Began germination with new seed, Siobhan. 'Old Siobhan' is not showing any signs of growing. Tossed her.

1/30/20 Vanessa has broken ground. Have fed her a half gallon of pure water, followed by a half gallon of water with 2 tb of Big Bloom.. New Siobian's tap root is just under .5 inches long. Have planted her.

2/2/20 Gave each plant a half gallon of pure water, followed by a half gallon of water with 2 tb of Big Bloom.

2/9/20 Gave each plant a half gallon of pure water, followed by a half gallon of water with 2 tb of Big Bloom.

2/16/20 Gave each plant a half gallon of pure water, followed by a half gallon of water with 2 tb of Big Bloom and 2 teaspoons of Grow Big.

Attachments

• Vanessa 2:17:20.jpg
    Vanessa 2:17:20.jpg
    975.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Siobhan 2-17-20.jpg
    Siobhan 2-17-20.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 151
My first attempt at Dark Angel (first attempt at growing) was... disappointing. I had so many problems that my final product is... too embarrassing to say.

I'm confident that Vanessa and Siobhan will do fine. I'm learning a lot as I go along and I thank everyone for it.

Vanessa (l) is four weeks old. Siobhan (r) is three. I trained Vanessa this past Sunday; next Sunday is Vanessa's turn.
It wasn't until I started Siohban did I realize that their tent (24' x 24' x 48') might be too small for them. I thought it would be as Lupe (my first plant) finished so small (about 18' tall).

I realized that my mistakes with her led to her being so small. I'm thinking I may have to move the filter outside the tent, alongside the fan.

Attachments

• 87728872_195138181705237_5035908863195348992_n.jpg
    87728872_195138181705237_5035908863195348992_n.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 83
With my first plant, Lupe, I trained her using pipe cleaners held down with binder clips. These seemed to do the trick. Hopefully V & S won't get so wide that they can't fit in the tent.

I tried Lupe for the first time, last night. I found it very smooth and enjoyable. It quickly got rid of my back pain and kept it away until this morning. I didn't taste the coffee or hazelnut that Crop King Seeds says comes with Dark Angel. Just as well as I do not like either flavor.

I couldn't figure out how to edit previous posts, so I'm just adding on from here, regarding my Dark Angel (Vanessa and Siobhan) January 2020 Journal.

2/23/90
Gave each plant a half gallon of pure water, followed by a half gallon of water with 2 tb of Big Bloom and 1 tb of Grow Big. Trained Vanessa.

3/1/20
Gave each plant one gallon of water with two teaspoons of Bushdoctor Sledgehammer, followed by eight gallons of bottled spring water. I followed this with one tb of Big Bloom and 1 tb of Grow Big. Trained Siobhan.

I noticed the colors of the leaves varied slightly. Some of the leaves in both plants have wilted a little. Too much water?

One of Vanessa's fan leaves has light brown spots on it.

Vanessa leans to one side. I'm guessing it's because the light is directly over Siobhan and plants grow toward the light. I swapped the two out and will be doing so on a weekly basis, when I water them.

Attachments

• V&S 3-1-20.jpg
    V&S 3-1-20.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 149
  • V's leaf.jpg
    V's leaf.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 145
This past Sunday, I gave each of the girls 3.5 quarts of water, followed by a two quarts of water mixed with 3 tsp Big Bloom, 2 tsp Grow Big and 2 tsp of Tiger Bloom. I cut back on the water a little as I do not think the soil gets dry enough between watering.

I'm happy with the size of the plants but Vanessa (left) still has that problem with the spotting (see photo). It's only on two or three leaves. Siobhan has none of these markings.

A friend thinks it could be an iron deficiency, though the nutrients I use all contain iron.

Any ideas? Would cutting the spotted leaves fix the problem?

Attachments

• Vanessa week six.jpg
    Vanessa week six.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 140
I noticed it about a week and a half ago.

You suggest that it's a magnesium deficiency. I checks my nutrients. Two of the three (Tiger Bloom and Grow Big) both contain magnesium.

Back
Top Bottom