Dutch Dragon's Blueberry White BatMix Soil 90 Watt LED UFO - CFL Grow 2'x2'

Hello everyone,
The box has gone from disco pink to street light yellow and theyre having theyre first twelve hour day tonight. Ordered a 250 watt hps setup with a cooltube online saturday night and it arived monday afternoon. Now thats service, myl local grow shop could learn from my online one. Since last weekend they had a week under the ufo and the screen, and I got a bit of lst goin on the screen. Its filling out quite quickly, I hope itll be alright. Ive done a scrog before but I always doubt the wonderful results at the begining cause Ive hered so many horror stories of people who havent got it right. Fingers crossed. PHOTO UPDATE.
cool_tube_flip_002.jpg
The Monster
cool_tube_flip_003.jpg
The middle sized one.
cool_tube_flip_004.jpg
Short Ass.
cool_tube_flip_005.jpg
Cooltube set up on the cheap. Cooltube cost just 23 euro in the set.
cool_tube_flip_006.jpg
The scrog so far.
Ive done the light on the cheap as normal:) Cost 111 euro with pipes and fan. Gonna take a bit of tuning, but Im realy chuffed. Hope Ill double my harvest, and it uses a lot less power than all those cfl's. Bring on the buds.
Take it easy people

Thanks guys,
Im glad to get them out of veg, Its gonna be a lot of work keeping them under control during the stretch. Would have liked to flip a bit sooner realy, but had trouble getting hold of the lamp.
Ive only got three in there because I had to have room for the fan, Id like to do four next time, anyone got any ideas for a circulation fan I can use that doesnt take up so much room as a table ventilator? Gotta be cheap though. My current fan is a 8"table fan that I took a hacksaw to, I cut the entire foot off it and just hung it on the scrog screen, even then it takes a lot of space. Ive seen those clip on things but they are a bit expensive cause Ill need a few. Dont wonna spend another fifty euro on fans. What sort of power have the clip on things got? They look a bit small.

Hey man check out computer fans. You can put a lot on one power source and they come in all types of sizes and powers. When I move in 3 months my new setup will have computer fans. I'm not sure what it is in euros but a power source in dollars is about $20 and you can get like 4 or 5 fans for $20 or so. Hope this helps man. And I'll be keeping an eye on the scrog setup. I like and want to try some day.
Keep it green man!!

Nice one outragedpluto,
they'd be bloody perfect. I can run um on my old mobile phone chargers:)
love this place, only place to pick peoples brains, cause you cant talk about it in the open.
you should have a go at scrog only if youve got the patients, and you dont realy mind having slightly ugly leaves on your plants, cause they get a bollocking with all the bending. Also defoliation is a must to some degree to get good penetration, so if your at all squeemish about abusing your plants, it wont be for you. Im realy quite abusive and clumsy with my scrogging, but the results are great. I love it, but you wont know if its for you unless you give it a go. I broke a branch the other day, bein a clumsy owf, and inadvertantly supercropped the branch, the lower nodes shot up to screen within days. Im gonna have a go at supercropping on my next round, I realy think it could speed up filling my screen.

Hiyah, the girls have had a week under the lamp now and have stretched a bit, lsting dayly and watering every 3 or 4 days. Been cold, so I was suprised by how much theyve grown. So heres the all important photos.
cool_tube_flip_007.jpg
The big one
cool_tube_flip_008.jpg
The middle sized one
cool_tube_flip_009.jpg
Short ass
cool_tube_flip_010.jpg
My scrog.
Prity happy with it so far:)

Hello everyone,
Since last week Ive been trying my best to keep um under the screen. Its becoming quite a challenge as theyre becoming more brittle and they break quite easily. Had one break at the knuckle to the main stem, but it seems fine. Heres a photo update.
day_14_flip_001.jpg
day_14_flip_002.jpg
day_14_flip_003.jpg
day_14_flip_004.jpg
day_14_flip_005.jpg
This is a shot of the underneath with newly added aquarium pea gravel to get my thrips problem under control. Trying to be organic, so I dont want to spray or use any soaps or what not. Fingers crossed that the gravel works.
I was thinking about adding 4 cfls to the corners, but decided against it as I want to see what the hps will give me on its own. Its gonna cost me a bit of yield, but I can use them next time.
Hopefuly just another week of stretch and I can start to relax and watch the buds swelling:)
Gonna clean the cooltube and bulb today before lights on and clean up a bit in there.
take it easy people:rocker:

Hello everyone,
For the past week ive been keeping them under control under the screen and removing offending leaves. Since adding the gravel Im now watering every 5 days or so which Im not happy about, but Ive not seen anything flying around or crawling since:) The shortest of the bunch has visibly less bud size than the better looking ones, bit of a runt I think, but shes quite bushy, early days yet though.
Heres the pics
day21_since_flip_001.jpg
The big one
day21_since_flip_002.jpg
The middle sized one
day21_since_flip_003.jpg
Short ass
day21_since_flip_004.jpg
Groupshot.
Cant wait to get these babies in full flower:rocker:
Growing green has gotta be the most rewarding hobby ever. Definately the most obsessive. I think about my grow ALL the time.

hello everyone,
They are now 28 days into flower and are starting to look like buds:) Had to stop the training cause they are now to woody and the screen is under a lot of tension. These plants are just 9 inches tall, without the screen they would be about 2 foot, the screen has worked wonders giving the buds a nice amount of light. The screen has started looking a bit untidy, but as I said I dont dare bend them down anymore. The hard work is all done now till harvest, just water, feed and count the weeks. Givin them some calcium today to condition the soil a bit.
Heres some pics of them as of yesterday night. Sorry for the poor quality:(
day28_since_flip_002.jpg
The big one
day28_since_flip_003.jpg
The middle sized one
day28_since_flip_004.jpg
Short ass
day28_since_flip_005.jpg
Group shot
day28_since_flip_006.jpg
Random bud
day28_since_flip_007.jpg
random bud
day28_since_flip_008.jpg
Random bud
day28_since_flip_009.jpg
Random bud.
Ok thats it for now. Ill report back if something special happens or itll be next week.
Take it easy people:)

Wow, that week went fast.
Not a lot to report realy, fed em plenty of batguano tea with the water. They are realy smelly already and you can see the trichs getting more each day. Its a lot less work once the stretch is over thank the lord. Anyway you wanna see em dont you, not listen to my drivle. Here they are day 35 of 12/12.
day35_since_flip_001.jpg
Group shot
day35_since_flip_008.jpg
day35_since_flip_007.jpg
day35_since_flip_006.jpg
day35_since_flip_005.jpg
day35_since_flip_004.jpg
day28_since_flip_008.jpg
Take it easy people:)

Hello All,
Time for an easter update. Happy easter everybody:) Been another quick week. Getting frosty.
day42_since_flip_001.jpg
group shot
day42_since_flip_002.jpg
day42_since_flip_003.jpg
day42_since_flip_004.jpg
day42_since_flip_005.jpg
day42_since_flip_006.jpg
day42_since_flip_007.jpg
day42_since_flip_009.jpg

Sorry again for my cheap kodak camera. Wish I had a better one.
I wish you all a lovely easter.
Happy growing. Till next time:ciao:

Yeah theyre stinkin the place up abit, had to retape all the ducting this morning. Smelt like a coffeeshop in my livin room:)
Thanks for the reps:) Looking like I could get some good blueberry pie flavour white widow out of these. Cant wait. Never seen sugar like this so early on before:) Think these girls like me:)

Back
Top Bottom