Dutch Dragons - Jack Herer - Scrog - 250W HPS+CFL's - Organic Batmix Grow

images26.jpg

Ca215, Did you know you were the 1st one to call me BAR way back when? Ironic.

THE REPS ARE RIGHT returns this Sunday with it's long awaited 4th episode! Look below in my SIGNATURE for details. Be there or be square...

:thumb: Can't ask for more...

Hiyah fellow 420ers, I trust you all had a good one:). Time for a bit of an update. Its been 7 days since I changed the photoperiod to 12/12 and as usual the girls have started playing up. My PH is 6.5 I have not given them a feed yet, so I'm thinking its gotta be a deficiency. The cheese all went tits up at the same point in my last grow, so I reckon its the batmix running out of secondary nutrients. I proceeded to look through the deficiency charts on 420 and found that my leaves look damn like the magnesium deficiency photo's.
christmas_2013_035.JPG
I have one plant though with instead of yellowing between the veins it was yellowing veins starting at the base of the leaf working its way out.
christmas_2013_034.JPG
After much investigation and viewing many photos online I diagnosed that this was a sulphur deficiency.
The obvious next step was to get hold of some medicine to correct these problems so I got hold of some magnesium sulphate and have just given them 1tbsp per gallon in their water.
christmas_2013_038.JPG

Fingers crossed this helps and I'm not barking up the wrong tree, time will tell, but I'm quietly confident that I have found my fundamental problem:). The bat mix just runs out of magnesium when the plants need it the most, and that's when they start to make flowers.
I was expecting a busy week of stretching, but they have been a bit slow this week so keeping the scrog in check was none to taxing. Hope they pick up soon.
Couple of pics:)
christmas_2013_037.JPG
Before lights on.
0011612.JPG
Lights on.
The white powder on the leaves is dolomite lime I dropped, don't worry its not PM.

That's it.

See you around Reg's tomorrow evening for the reps are right.

Have a cracking weekend all.

Happy New Year

Hello 420ers,
after getting the ph to 6.5 with a dolomite lime watering and the Epsom salts the girls new growth is a lot greener. However, I think I overdone the lime and frazzled the leaves a bit. Never mind. I am thinking that this batch of soil was not stored properly at my local grow shop cause I've never had such trouble before this batch. I even did grows with the batmix years ago without adding nutes at all and got good results. Think I will have to go further afield for my medium in future as this is not the first trouble I've had with this grow shop. The soil had been stored in a garage with a see through roof and had probably been there all summer long, so I'm thinking that the mix was subjected to high temperatures, which would kill the good microbial stuff off.
I will struggle on though. Maybe make subcools supersoil mix up for the future.
Here they are.
14_days_flower_001.JPG
Group shot.
14_days_flower_003.JPG
New growth seems greener.
14_days_flower_004.JPG
14_days_flower_002.JPG

Thanks for looking in on my Jackies.
Till next week:).

Hi boobud,
your more than welcome to tag along.
The girls are not doing great, having some soil issues.

Frankenfan bit the dust yesterday in an explosion of plastic, no damage thank the lord. Got a nice new Honeywell turbo on the way. Also had a timer go bad, so I proceeded to smash it up in the garden. They got a 24 hour day before I noticed and corrected the issue. Oh well, shit happens. Fingers crossed the damage is limited.

Hi boobud,
your more than welcome to tag along.
The girls are not doing great, having some soil issues.

Frankenfan bit the dust yesterday in an explosion of plastic, no damage thank the lord. Got a nice new Honeywell turbo on the way. Also had a timer go bad, so I proceeded to smash it up in the garden. They got a 24 hour day before I noticed and corrected the issue. Oh well, shit happens. Fingers crossed the damage is limited.

I feel your timer pain also, I lost my master kush plants due to a bad timer. :(

After 3 grows I think its time for a new timer for my set up as well. Might as well approach possible issues earlier than later ;)
Your girls are looking very well though dutch. I think you could do some very nice things with subs mix plus the scorg. Maybe just do one plant due to the need for trasnsplants? Im attempting to grow some seedlings 12/12 in ss right now so we will see how that goes.
Keep up the great gardening ducth, green vibes from across the pond :joint::

Could I ask which type of timer all of you had that failed on you, digital or mechanical?
And what is consider an average life span for timers?

Hi guys, hope your all good, I always use the manual timers, because by the time I have figured out how too set the timings my girls have died from lack of light lol, just me, sorry too hear about your troubles dutch, no doubt you will get it back on track big time,

Could I ask which type of timer all of you had that failed on you, digital or mechanical?
And what is consider an average life span for timers?

I have got a manual 4/15min per hour cheap plug in play timers which is now on its 3rd grow.. don't really think there would be a certain change point for timers, but just to be on the safe side I think a new timer could be a smart thing to look into if you have the cheapo model similar to mine ;) but I would sure enjoy a digital timer! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods ducthy!! :bong:

Back
Top Bottom