Early Geenhouse Grow

Re: Early greenhouse grow

Here I am trying to decide when to stop giving nutrients and prepare to harvest. My 2 strains will definitely be ready at the same time.

IMG_20140419_161924_1481.jpg
IMG_20140419_161913_8731.jpg

IMHO I give these about 4 more weeks.

IMG_20140419_161855_6641.jpg
IMG_20140419_161845_053.jpg

These will be first. There is still new growth popping out at every tip. Was hoping to start the harvesting in 2 weeks but I now have my doubts. Trics are yet to start clouding up.

Great plants all the way!
These sativas will be definitely worth waiting :)

Nice swollen calyxes on Cookies, on the other hand your leafy tits can be a killer sativa with explosive high hidden right under :hookah:

Off to the greenhouse after a weekend away burning some great outdoor bud.

Today I will decide if the harvesting plan for the weekend in on schedule. I have a feeling I am jumping the gun.

Wondering if this grow is going to finish like a fall grow. They are yet to stop new growth. Hairs are beginning to change and the trichomes are looking good.

Question: trichomes be the final decision as I see it. fresh new growth???

I always go with trichomes trying to get somewhere between 90% cloudy and 20% amber. If you plan on curing them at least 8 months, it makes sense to pull early as trichomes will mature after harvest, and after this period you'll see a huge spike in potency.

Another week to go.

IMG_20140429_192621_719.jpg
IMG_20140429_192624_359.jpg
IMG_20140429_192626_612.jpg

All the signs are for a bit more time to fill in and get more cloudy.

The plan was to harvest about 2 weeks apart with the 2 strains. I do think the first 2 pics here will be ready a bit before the rest.

IMG_20140429_192716_586.jpg
IMG_20140429_192713_104.jpg
IMG_20140429_192651_361.jpg
IMG_20140429_192649_599.jpg
IMG_20140429_192640_517.jpg

It's going to be a good harvest.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_20140429_192602_296.jpg
IMG_20140429_192559_106.jpg

Thanks

Almost forgot the update.

Since we had to extend the grow season by a week I am going to add nutes as earlier for the next 2 days then back to flushing for a harvest starting on 5-10-14.

Rained last week and found 4 colas with bud rot. Hit 115 in the greenhouse yesterday and is hotter today. The big fan is running and it is 95 in there today.

IMG_20140429_192651_3611.jpg

Cleaned it out real good and pulled them open for more air. There are a few drips in the roof. Funny thing is that the bud rot was right under them. Go figure.

Going to dial in the drying room this weekend. A very crucial step in medicine production.

My good friend, who is the greenhouse guru, has recommended that I defoliate shade leaves a week before harvest. He says it improves the sweetness. Just having trouble swallowing this with what goes on about this subject.

Since there are 8 of the Golden Goat plants going down next Saturday/Sunday I might do 4 each way. One of the tits is also looking more mature then her siblings. It is a slight different jean pool.

Any thoughts?

Definitely, defoliate. You're gonna cut nitrogen reserves that way and improve sun exposure to lower branches.

Definitely, defoliate. You're gonna cut nitrogen reserves that way and improve sun exposure to lower branches.

Then it is a date. I will defoliate on Monday and begin the harvest on Saturday.

Off to the greenhouse after a weekend away burning some great outdoor bud.

Today I will decide if the harvesting plan for the weekend in on schedule. I have a feeling I am jumping the gun.

Wondering if this grow is going to finish like a fall grow. They are yet to stop new growth. Hairs are beginning to change and the trichomes are looking good.

Question: trichomes be the final decision as I see it. fresh new growth???

You should base your harvest on trichome maturity. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

So TITS, This Is The Shit. Coming to a California medical cannabis dispensary near you soon. The Cookie Company has it now.

Found a worm last night. First one. Hope he is alone.

Amber trichomes are coming on strong. I would say 10% clear 80% cloudy and 10% amber or so with 5 days to go.

Trimmed a large grocery bag stuffed full of leaves. Must have been about 4 pounds. It's going to be a long weekend. Everything is coming down.

Clear H2O for the past 5 days. 4 more to go.

Clones were cut today for the next run. I am getting a special cutting this time. Tits ((OG Kush + Durban Poison) + Sour Diesel)) crossed back with more OG. The sample run was awesome. Oh ya and a hash plant.

Great news indeed. Now work it out into a stable seed line :)

heading out to the grow for the weekend tonight. Will cycle in the drying room and prepare for morning. It's going to be a long weekend. I will have good pics soon as I am going to use a real camera this time to record my accomplishments. This is my biggest and best grow ever.

What I can see and the pics my phone camera take are just not the same.

Oh ya, some info on their last weeks of life.

Last nutes given 10 days ago. Pure H2O flush for 8 days then 2 dry days at the end. We hit 14 hours of daylight 3 days ago. No sign of revegging at this point. If anything the Golden Goat is more leafy then the Tits and is still throwing leaves out. Tricomes are a beautiful shade of a few clear mostly cloudy and a few amber as of a week ago.

Last debate: Should I take the plants complete or leave the bottom third for another 10 days or so? If so, I would flood them with nutes for 2 days then flush again. I have 3 weeks to wait for my new clones so the time is available. Ya, sure pictures would help.

Back
Top Bottom