Early Geenhouse Grow

Re: Early greenhouse grow

This is where I am also leaning to. Good to hear this from a qualified grower and such a quick reply.

Thanks

I can do 10-12 or 16-18 days but not 2 weeks. The girlfriend needs attention too. This is not her thing but she has been a great support through this.

Well it was a very long weekend. It didn't start as planned.

Original schedule was made 3 weeks ago. Here was the plan. Start the cutting at dawn with some good coffee 5-10-2014. I got the coffee. Found some Marley organic coffee. Seemed appropriate. Was great.

So the phone rings on Wednesday. The other half of the team, who the greenhouse belongs too, also have a poolhouse that they rent out. It is 6 feet from the greenhouse door. Since the misses got fired 2 weeks ago they decided to rent it out this weekend. WTF??? They said the renters, from South Africa, would be gone by 9:00 AM. 9 goes by, then 10,11 and 12. Still waiting for the call. So I just went over there to see what was up.

Meet the renters. Seem nice but in my way. The misses went out to chat with them. She come back and reports that they recognize the smell and are quiet curious what we have in there. They also claim to be pot heads and grow Malawi Gold at home. I open the door and show them what is behind door #1. They are in hog heaven. My stress level, which was way over the top, is now back in check.

I proceed to roll up a few for tasting. Cookies, Tits, Headband and Golden Goat. Since it is too late to work we just relax. Turns out to be a very good day. Not according to plan but a very nice day. The US pot is far superior we are informed.

Sunday morning the sun comes up on schedule. Guess some are better with a schedule then others. Brew up a batch of the Marley organic and get to work. It is now almost 7:00 AM. I get busy with the cutting and take them to the walk in fridge for storage at 55 deg. Left about the bottom 20% of the plants for a second harvest in 2 weeks. Feed nutes and went to work cleaning up the harvest. The aroma was quite strong. The smell went right into the house and who knows past that.

The phone rings about 2:00 pm. It is a friend of the partner. He says that the front yard is full of cops and the sheriff and it looks like someone is getting arrested. Holy Shit!!! We rush into the house and take a look. Im sure we reak as much as possible. So the misses goes out for a chat with them.

Guess they were chasing a couple of locals for questioning. They ran onto the property and were stopped out front. They were caring clones and heroin paraphernalia. Maybe they thought "dam that shit must be good, we can already smell it. If they mad it another 50 feet they would have had us. Yes, We are a legal medical grow but who wants their medicine confiscated, stored in a plastic bag for 3 months and then get it back when the judge reviews our documentation.

So the day goes on and we finish rough trimming at 9:00 PM.

Tried a new camera. Looks like my phone worked better.

IMG_30407.JPG
IMG_30428.JPG
IMG_30367.JPG

Great story :)
The reason why you have superior weed is that this whole NorCal operation started in the late 60's when all these heads went up the country and started really growing. Well, it's hard to beat 50 years of experience with constant developing new strains based on prime genetics. Then, you're legal now and don't have to hide in your cellars or forests, which translates to even better quality. Wish that one day I'll be able to do the same, but for now I still have to put a lot of effort to get a decent bud. I do not even wanna tell you what gets sold on the street here.

Great story :)
The reason why you have superior weed is that this whole NorCal operation started in the late 60's when all these heads went up the country and started really growing. Well, it's hard to beat 50 years of experience with constant developing new strains based on prime genetics. Then, you're legal now and don't have to hide in your cellars or forests, which translates to even better quality. Wish that one day I'll be able to do the same, but for now I still have to put a lot of effort to get a decent bud. I do not even wanna tell you what gets sold on the street here.

Yes, we do have a good start on genetics here but these things can be sent all over these days.

IMG_20140512_220950_011.jpg
IMG_20140512_220923_040.jpg

The curing is in process. I had to get a larger dehumidifier yesterday. All is well. It will be 95 today so I hope the old girl can keep her cool. Was close yesterday but the humidity was high 70's and it ran for over an hour straight. Got up to 68 for a couple of hours.

We are at 62 deg. and 55% RH with good circulation. All is looking well.

I did a few gorilla grows when I was younger. We would get water from the creek until about June or July then an extra 3 miles of caring 2 5 gallon buckets to the grow each week. Not to mention the soil we dragged in for weeks. I did one off the side of a golf course also but they disappeared about 3 weeks from harvest. Shoulda tied them down.

Yes, gorilla is very exhausting, but it can definitely teach you some things :)
With these genetics it's not completely true. A lot of your superior SoCal/NorCal stuff is available only in clone form, so it never hits this side of the pond unless commercial selfing's been done, and even then you never know if it's legit. I still hope that my Trainwreck will be at least close to the original though :)

was 97 yesterday and having trouble keeping the room cool during the hot part of the day. Rh is running from 50-60 as the unit is +- 5 points. Got up to 68 for a few hours but holding solid at 62 the rest of the day. Checked for mold last night and all is well. Drying is going slow and steady.

As for the bottom of the plants the buds are getting darker with more resin daily. Going to let them do their thing for 2 weeks or so.

Pounded the nutes on for 3 days after harvest. Now flushing for 10 more days.

But what them? I was hoping to reveg my favorite but I might loose my greenhouse for a month in the middle of the grow. Inlaws??? Very sad. Nothing some great smoke won't help to fix. I do have some other grows to keep the blood flowing until our fall greenhouse grow starts.

Lester here is the question that I am looking for the answer too.

Going to do some force flowering starting about the first week of june. So what I am wondering at what point can the force flowering stop and they just stay out in as full a sun as possible. I am hoping about 4 weeks in which will push us to about 3 weeks past the summer solstice will be enough to keep her from vegging.

Unfortunately I cannot give you a straightforward answer to this question. As this question is heavily region, and strain dependent.

I personally have not toyed around with it much because I'd rather stick to my usual routines and ensure myself of no issues with revegetation. So that is ultimately the kind of thing you would have to experiment for yourself, and gain the experience and knowledge of what strains are attuned to the actual photoperiod of your specific microclimate.

Still need to get that camera.

Here they are as seen from my Droid Razor.

What we have here are the Tits wrapped around the Goat (golden Goat).

Wait till I get real pics. My 40x scope just blows me away.

ResizedImage_1400705552344.jpg
ResizedImage_1400705506704.jpg
IMG_20140521_080851_358.jpg
IMG_20140521_080913_156.jpg
IMG_20140521_080925_003.jpg
IMG_20140521_080728_925.jpg
IMG_20140521_080711_897.jpg

This is most likely your camera's default resolution.

Back
Top Bottom