Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Ahoy there!
We dropped 6 of the Black StankBerry on the waterboard and next day had 5 taproots over 1/2 inch each. The last one remains in the wet towels. These gems of love came gifted from our favorite 420 mammal, the @stoneotter. :love:
A little time will tell how many turn out to be female. I hope to gain insight from the Bonsai Mothers article. My clone killing days need to come to an end. @survivorx2 is bringing some of his clones to my rescue tomorrow. Keep in mind I am supposed to be teaching him. LOL

High Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO) Yields
Putting this out without fear of being incorrect because I am not sure of what might be actually going on. Making third batch of FECO noticed huge return developing during vaporization of grain alcohol solvent. Ended up with 16 grams of medicine from 100 Grams of GG#4 flowers.
When I grew the Gorilla plants, I followed Dr. Kaplans drought stress experiment in the 7th week of flower that was part of a grow journal here on 420. The journal was incomplete due to my surgery but outlines attaining 50 degrees of leaf wilt angle during late flower. This stress causes the plants to overproduce THC and CBD. We need the smart folks to see this thread.
Did the application of drought stress induced beginning the 7th week of flower account for the drastic improvement in yield? This could be a huge reduction in the costs of FECO treatment if indeed this stress produces that much more medicine.
Medicine is not flammable, very sticky, very sedative, but due to costs not laboratory tested . UG
All thoughts are welcome
Hi everyone, Im having trouble finding Caplans experiments now but I had copied his conclusion to a word document, but I will find the link. Below is what caught my eyes.
Doctor Caplan
Cannabinoid concentration and yield in the dry floral material of cannabis exposed to drought stress at week seven in the flowering stage. T
Conclusions
This study suggested that controlled drought stress can increase the concentration of major cannabinoids THCA, CBDA and the yield of THCA, CBDA, THC, and CBD in chemovar II cannabis without reducing dry floral weight (yield) and irrespective of decreased Pn. These results were achieved by gradually drying the substrate over eleven days until plant WP reached around -1.5 MPa during week seven in the flowering stage. Comparable results can be expected using leaf wilting as a drought stress indicator with fertigation triggered at a leaf angle 50% higher than in its turgid state. This method for administering drought-stress and the results of this study should be applicable for similar varieties of chemovar II cannabis; however, other chemovars or varieties may respond differently.
Yield in the control was 178 ± 9.4 g·m-2 and was 232 ± 18.5 g·m-2 in the drought treatment but yield did not differ statistically between the two treatments (P = 0.06; n = 3). The moisture content of the dried and cured floral material was 8 ± 0.1 % in the control, 11% lower than that in the drought treatment, at 9 ± 0.1 % (P = 0.01; n = 3). Henceforward, the floral dry weight and cannabinoid contents are corrected to zero percent moisture.
Of the analyzed cannabinoids, all were detected in at least one sample, these included: THC, THCA, CBD, CBDA, CBG, CBGA, and CBN. In the drought treatment, only one sample had a detectable concentration of CBG and CBN, and in the control there were no samples with detectable CBN; therefore, comparisons could not be made for these cannabinoids, and the means for CBN were not presented.
The drought treatment elicited a 12% increase in THCA concentration and a 13% increase in CBDA concentration but had no effect on the concentrations of the other detected cannabinoids Drought had substantial effects on cannabinoid yield, expressed as grams of cannabinoid from floral material per unit growing area (g·m-2). In the drought treatment, THC yield was 50% higher, THCA yield was 43% higher, CBD yield was 67% higher, and CBDA yield was 47% higher than in the control

@Maritimer thanks you for sharing this, and to everyone else who contributed.
Admittedly, I have not read all 120 pages, but I am slowly getting through them.
:thanks::adore:

I will be trying this on one of my plants.

@Maritimer thanks you for sharing this, and to everyone else who contributed.
Admittedly, I have not read all 120 pages, but I am slowly getting through them.
:thanks::adore:

I will be trying this on one of my plants.
Ahoy @Kodiak420 ,
The application of drought is not a pleasant experience for the cannabis, nor the gardener. The attainment of fifty degrees of accumulated wilt can leave some strains looking very bad. Some could even be declared a "two bagger" wherein you put a bag over her so you can't see her, and a bag over your head in case hers falls off. Don't look at her.

Good Fortunes

The application of drought is not a pleasant experience for the cannabis, nor the gardener
Thanks Maritimer, :thanks:I could imagine, I haven't decide whether the drought stress would be more stressful to me or the plant. :rofl: .

"two bagger"
Too funny, but I believe it.The last we need to see is girls not at their best...

Thanks!

Ahoy there!
We are very pleased to say that we have been in touch with the StankBerry breeder and have his blessings going forward with our rezination study. All six of the Black StankBerry seedlings are above ground and we are preparing the waterboards for 6 of the Purple StankBerry. The StankBerry strain is not feminized so our fingers are crossed for good fortunes.

The StankBerry X Northern Lights our man @stoneotter gifted us will be used as a mother in our future plans. Them flowers were out right the stuff. I want more, but the garden will be full for a while. Patience is a virtue I envy.

Patience;
At the top of the hill overlooking a beautiful garden full of female cultivars, the young male cannabis plant excitedly wants to spew his load at the first strong breeze nailing a few of the ladies. The older male smiles at the younger stud and explains the value of patience, and waiting for a strong wind that will blow his load on the entire crop.
The circle of life. :love: :hookah:

Ahoy there!
We are very pleased to say that we have been in touch with the StankBerry breeder and have his blessings going forward with our rezination study. All six of the Black StankBerry seedlings are above ground and we are preparing the waterboards for 6 of the Purple StankBerry. The StankBerry strain is not feminized so our fingers are crossed for good fortunes.

The StankBerry X Northern Lights our man @stoneotter gifted us will be used as a mother in our future plans. Them flowers were out right the stuff. I want more, but the garden will be full for a while. Patience is a virtue I envy.

Patience;
At the top of the hill overlooking a beautiful garden full of female cultivars, the young male cannabis plant excitedly wants to spew his load at the first strong breeze nailing a few of the ladies. The older male smiles at the younger stud and explains the value of patience, and waiting for a strong wind that will blow his load on the entire crop.
The circle of life. :love: :hookah:
That's great news! Since you're using most of them up, prepare for a new mailing in a week or two. Those Stankberries are good medicine too in our book. I have one going now that has grown to where I couldn't guess her weight unless she sat on my scale. Ginormous budskis! Much luck Maritimer!

I'm buzzing on you using the Stankberry x Northern Lights cross! Medicine was the intention when I put them together. You'll reap two benefits with those, the science and the smoke! My molecular transport is in the shop so I won't be over to try it out any time soon. Oh well.

Ahoy There,
How I waterboard and germinate a seed.
We will be using identical criteria in the germination sequencing that was applied to the 6 Black SB for our 6 Purple SB seeds presently on the boards. The first observation records the seed shell separation along the hull seams. Next we hope to see a curled taproot extending from the basal apex of the separation. The third and last observation of record is the taproot uncurls and begins to grow away from the basal separation point, and upon reaching 1/2 inch we plant in a Jiffy cup until rootball is established.
As @InTheShed would say "easy peasy" :hookah:

Ahoy 420,
I am seeing a new physical therapist whom impressed me in several ways. But to the point, the young man told me of a book (he was handing one to me) written bye a gentleman named Robin McKenzie from New Zealand. The book is titled Treat Your Own Back. I instantly thought of @DonkeyDick and have hope for his professional thoughts and opinion on this sensitive matter. I have not yet began the book. :)

It should be no secret that our well worded long eared friend has more talent than just gardening. I am confident I will hear the scoop whenever he rolls out of the stall. :love:

Ahoy 420,
I am seeing a new physical therapist whom impressed me in several ways. But to the point, the young man told me of a book (he was handing one to me) written bye a gentleman named Robin McKenzie from New Zealand. The book is titled Treat Your Own Back. I instantly thought of @DonkeyDick and have hope for his professional thoughts and opinion on this sensitive matter. I have not yet began the book. :)
I bought that book years ago when I lived and worked in the UK. Without going to check, I think Robin McKenzie was based in the UK and developed some of his approach there. I used to get lots of bad lower back pain, I think what helped the most was realizing from some Tai Chi classes that I tended to 'hold' my lower back with quite a lordosis hollow, and once I started to soften my knees and let tail bone relax and tuck under more, draw in my tummy a little, I found the previous lower back pain has gone. Good luck with your's Maritimer.

Hi @InTheShed,
I have wanted to ask you about a post you made when we were discussing the making of BHO. You said "easy peazy" or something along those lines making me think you might be versed in the process. If you are aware of the process I have questions. :)

I've never made it, and my "easy peasy" post to mV was made completely in jest based on the steps and equipment he listed:

Too subtle I guess...
I think my chemist might be doing it wrong. Not sure where to look for trustworthy advice on proper way to make plain BHO. :hookah:

Ahoy 420,

First of all :goodluck: with your new PT!
It’s no easy feat, trusting our precious and precarious bits and pieces to someone new. Well done, you!

RM has a good - and clearly an international - reputation. I hope his book helps.

This one has been useful to me.
8F4ED4AB-3418-4F5A-998B-DB54A2CF067F.jpeg

I hope your new guy is good.

I hear you on the other side of the pain management situation, too with your questions about RSO.
I am strictly solvent-averse, but were I looking for a really good how-to I would look up what these guys are up to. They seem to have it pegged out.

Hope that helps :high-five:

@Maritimer
I ran across these scanning electron microscope images of resin. I don't know if you will find them intersting or not, but I thought of you when I saw them. I find the outer cuticle very curious. I'm wondering what really happens during dry and cure.
user387387_pic1906395_1544455348.jpg
user387387_pic1906397_1544455348-1.jpg
user387387_pic1906411_1544456986.jpg
user387387_pic1906412_1544456986.jpg
some some beautiful shit man.... wow

I hear you on the other side of the pain management situation, too with your questions about RSO.
I am strictly solvent-averse, but were I looking for a really good how-to I would look up what these guys are up to. They seem to have it pegged out.
Hope that helps :high-five:
I agree, if you (or someone else as smart) were looking for a really good how to. But Donkey my long eared buddy, I am not. Cannot get my head around the complexities. The caveat to my better understanding comes with motivation to be honest. I am as smart as I try to be, when I am on my game. But when the pain has me reaching for my rig too often, my capacity for complex learning is diminished. I know the threads author so maybe when I get this back pain under control again I will reach out and ask for some direct assistance.

Thanks bro

When pain stops you sitting, standing, sleeping, or even just breathing without pain and planning - reading becomes unimportant. I think I have an understanding of where you’re coming from mate. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom