Fastbud2 - Sweet Cheese - First Grow With Autos

If you want to have one of the duplicates removed, click on the triangle with the exclamation point at the bottom of the post and tell the moderator- they can usually fix things.
Your plants look like they are doing well.:bravo:

I may have to do that its so irratating i thought it crashed then it loaded it twice arrgh lol

Thanks still holding off the water i read having a dry out will aerate the soil so goin to wait til leafs droop and water every 4days there after

Thanks still holding off the water i read having a dry out will aerate the soil so goin to wait til leafs droop and water every 4days there after

hey there mate!
seems like you're doing well, glad to see that.

however, it is better to lift the pots to see when they need water than watering on a strict schedule, only water when you feel the soil almost dry, if you go on with a strict schedule eventually you will overwater or under-water, that is because your plants will not always drink up water at the same speed, that's because their needs change through different stages of their lives.

a very common error in newbies is overwatering plants, this can cause root rot. so i highly recommend that you use the lift method, or you can stick your finger in the soil and water only when it feels dry.

adding perlite to your soil will bring a lot better drainage and aeration to roots, this will traduce in more rapid growth and less problems.

cheers!
:goodjob:

:welcome: along calyx glad to have you along for the ride i just saw your deathstars and have to say there mighty fine :rollit:

Any ideas what kind of beans your going to pop? You planning all auto or partial auto part photo? and using your hid or t5 for your grow? will be subscribing when you start not many autos on here lol

Here's what I got from Bonzaseeds.com
1 x Auto Flowering Ultraviolet (got this one free)
1 x Auto Flowering Northern Lights Feminized
1 x Great White Shark Feminised Cannabis Seeds
2 x *New* Lemon Kush Feminised Seeds
1 x Hindu Kush - Feminized cannabis seeds
I can't wait! I'm going to sprout and veg all these under T5 Flourescents in a 2X4 tent then move to a 4x4 tent with 600W HPS for flower
When weather warms I will put the Autos outdoors as they are on their schedule. They march to the beat of a different drum. The sun here in Colorado is intense and my backyard gets full on sunrise to sunset. I'll grow them right next to tomatoes for stealth.

Yeah to begin i was overwatering like crazy and never had proper drainage damn noob but i figured if i have a rough schedule it will help me in those times where im a lil high or just had a workout and the pots feel light but infact are drenched or whatever, i dont like the poking finger in soil i worry ill disturb roots cant even bring myself to do it with any plant lol might buy a moisture probe and just check daily

Sounds Good i contemplated gettin auto northern lights but they grow a little large apparantly so will be good to see how she grows for future referance :) you poppin them when your jedi's go to flower?
Yeaa the predetermined lifes on these are great no set light heat or feed schedules meaning outdoors probably better for them i heard human interferance is biggest fault with autos. :goodluck:

Not alot to report but the girls are doing great picked right bk up from there early trauma :)
IMG_20140220_171546.jpg
IMG_20140220_170703.jpg
IMG_20140220_170445.jpg
IMG_20140220_171505.jpg
IMG_20140220_170644.jpg

Now too update whats been happening the brown spots where indeed nute burn i decided to try and start feed with fish waste and the leafs dried and went crisp so i took her out the tent and flooded thru in the tub soaking and draining the soil over and over i believe the soil is just too rich hence the colouring issue so feeding pure water atm every 24hours and watering from pot edges put lighting on 20hrs a day about 5inches above plant and removed crisp leafs from my cheese they seem to have started there boom now my sweet cheese is on day 12 fastbud2 day 11

Awesome- the drainage holes look great. And now that they have had the flush you won't have to do a thing to them for a few days.
I read you are watering them every day? At 2 weeks I'd start watering deeply then wait several days for them to dry out before watering again. A good way is to lift the pots every day- and only water when the pot feels light. You don't want them wilting, but they like to dry out. They look like they are going to do fine.:high-five:
Happy growing!
:peace:

I may have to do that its so irratating i thought it crashed then it loaded it twice arrgh lol

Ohh still not watered and dnt think im goin to have to for another day with fastbud n cheese got a few days
:popcorn:
That was the first thing I was planning on saying; You were over-watering But you seem to have that under control now. The flush also probably helped. I don't know much about Autos but they were to young for any real nutes. They're looking lovely now.
Are you PH adjusting your water. A lot of soil growers don't as soil is forgiving but I didn't when I first started & could see the difference after I began PH adjusting. 6.5 is what you want to shoot for in soil.

Also I'd like to invite you to join us this Sunday on THE REPS ARE RIGHT. It's an open forum with some of the top seasoned growers here on 420 at the same place & time discussing growing issues. We have plenty of fun while learning. This week at the top of the show we'll be doing something special for new growers such as yourself.
All the info is below in my signature.

Yep sorted out the overwatering didnt realise how much of an issue it was but plants have picked right back up now :) i havent been ph adjusting my water as i leave ot to sit in a warm airing cupboard for 3 days letting it warm and adjust itself also the same water is used in my tropical tank and the plants in there are great so assumed it was fine but, will adjust if it has noticable benefits? :)

i will definately stop by need all the help and info i can get no such thing as too much knowledge :)

Will have pics later but jus been up to see the little girls and the sweet cheese seems to be bleeding there has been nothing to damage it i dont think but there is a sticky resin substance on my first proper leaf its glossy and seethru but seems to be coming from where the leaf branches out from anyone any ideas? not too worried but slightly concernd? also to note had to rotate the pot as the side getting the added red bulb is growing twice the rate of the side prodominantly blue leaning her over..... fastbud #2 She going immensely my issue with her now is the roots are protruding out the bottom of the pot nice healthy strong roots but should i put a tray under her pot with a bit of soil help keep em snug or jist leave it? sorry no pics till tnite forgot take phone up :(

Hi Scottish! I wouldn't worry about the sap at all.
And rotating the plants is an excellent idea- I do that to all my plants just to make sure they all get the same light exposure.:high-five:

The roots sticking out of the bottom of the pot can be worrisome. You can simply keep the area under the pot dry (and slightly elevated) and the roots will air-prune themselves. She may get a bit pot-bound by the end but I think it's better than trying to add more soil. Auto's don't like transplanting or anything that disturbs their roots very much.
Have a great weekend Scottish!

Thanks flo makes me feel alot better i wasnt sure if it may cause issues or be an issue in itself never had a plant ooze on me before lol

Oh so she will just stop growing out those ones and start a new system in the pot? will take a wire rack for her to rest on :)

i wasnt goin to disturb her just get a kitty litter tray fill it with soil and place the whole pot on top of that so the roots protruding had a bed to hide in and room too spread and not just stop lol air prune sounds better tho :)

may throw in my last red bulb up them too 500w was going too wait untill day 21 but think there ready for it now :) :thanks:

I did see an auto someone grew in a soda bottle once. It ran out of room and he cut off the bottom of the bottle and sank it into a pot of soil- don't know how that turned out though. What you would do with the litter box would do the same thing, as long as its sunk in a bit to anchor it? When you next post pics take a pic of those roots if you can. I'm still leaning towards leaving her be as most auto's don't get that big.

Took a couple of pics not very gd hard too get the angle right but i hope it helps sort a solution dont want to restrict my babies growth i want them too reach there potential :)
IMG_20140221_172739.jpg
IMG_20140221_172753.jpg
IMG_20140220_171505.jpg
a pic of the girl above ground

Well the roots don't look bad at all. And she's not going to be a very big girl so that's good. If she were mine, I'd just leave her be and re-evaluate in a few days. I thought of a couple more problems with adding the box. If the roots get too thick they could strangulate at the bottleneck created by their exit holes. Also watering and drainage of the box area could be difficult to manage.

She looks very perky and happy- :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom