First Ever Attempt - Indoor Closet - Done A Lot Of Reading & Welcome Advice!

Re: First ever attempt, done a lot of reading and welcome help! Indoor closet!

its a lot of money if you want to have the perfect set up, but i started off with cfls and they got me well into flower, so this is what i spent when i was using cfl,
£0 on grow tent or cupboard as i used built in wardrobe
£50 roughly on 23 watt and 30 watt 6500k cfls, got me about 10 lights.
£3 on mylar blankets to line the walls with and.
£10 on light sockets and adaptors
£10 on pots and compost,
£0 on nutrients as i had them donated to me by a top grower on here but this can be purchased from blue planet nutrients for roughly £20, plus bpn is a top product and the plants love it, you can use it from seedling stage and right up to harvest, i had the 3 part plus bloom booster, so i got the grow, micro,bloom and bloom booster, its what i am using now.
£10 on ph tester so i can test my nutrient mixture and water.
£0 on fans, i used 12v computer fans and used a 12v charger to power them.

thats about what i started off with, then the cfls kept the plants short and bushy with no stretch what so ever, then i switched to flower and swapped the 6500k cfls for 2700 k cfls for them to flower off under, my plants started to flower and had buds forming, but i was using around 400watts with the cfls, so i decided to swap the cfls for a dual spectrum high pressure sodium light, i got it cheap at £35, i got a digital ballast, a big reflector and the light fixture with loads of cable so i could have the ballast outside the grow room, the ballast can power both hps and mh bulbs, but as it came with the newer dual spectrum bulb i can use it for both stages of growth so im using a 400watt dual spectrum hps light, thats what i flowered my plants under in my journal and i have now switched to veg again under glr and using the hps, i still use cfls for my clones and seedlings in a smaller space.

you can go cheap or if you have the money then get a proper set up, if i had the choice i would of spent the most i could to get the best i could, i have had to make do, i got the room to grow and got the lights and nutrients and everything else to grow now, i could not afford it in one go, but now i have got it things are going better and now i have spent what i needed i have no more to pay out at the moment, nutes in the future and bulbs but thats further down the line, now i got everything i can grow, and i harvested a couple of weeks ago and get some amazing smoke.

so if you have the money i would get a decent light and grow tent if you have no where to grow, id get mylar for the walls, fans, extractor fan, carbon filter, bpn nutes, compost and perlite unless you go hydro then you got to spend a whole lot more,

it really depends on how much your planning on spending, if you have small budget or big budget, their are plenty of things you can buy to start growing that dont cost that much, but if your planning on growing a few plants at once then you will need to spend more to prevent having the plants stressed due to heat and humidity and keeping the smell down, id write down everything you think you need, price it up and add another £30 to it for anything you may have forgotten like ph tester, temp gauge, pots, rotting gel and then you got a rough idea of what you got to spend

ok while were talking how much to spend, well that is an infinite amount. so this is what I got. I made my box out of 8 2x4s, less then $3 a piece. also my 400w hps was $ 130, with that I got 2 4' shop lights and if I remember the 4 bulbs were $20. I found some foil faced vapor barrier at work $FREE:) with hooks and chains to hang them with, less then $200.00. not counting nutes and soil and pots:)

thank you negative/donpaul/fishcake. as i stated in my intro thread i have already gotten started and have probably spent about what donpaul did on his stuff originally. i just wanted to get an idea of how much i would possibly need to upgrade to something a bit more "pro" if you will. :thanks: again!!! you guys are awesome.

no probs glad to help, i found it a lot easier to buy pieces as and when i could, so i just kept adding to it as i went along, kept buying the odd bulb here and their until i got what i wanted,

Sexy time! errr I mean, time to sex? Based on my knowledge anyway...

Ok this is the mystery seed and I think its a massive FAIL

IMG_25575.JPG

This is caramelicious, female?

IMG_25595.JPG

This is caramelicious, female?

IMG_25615.JPG

And all the babies in their nest, the hempie isn't showing any sex yet, bear in mind its much younger than the other plants:

IMG_25625.JPG

first pic maleR.I.P.third pic :)not male seond pic I'am leaning twoards female but that one little ball has me wondering:circle-of-love:

first pic maleR.I.P.third pic :)not male seond pic I'am leaning twoards female but that one little ball has me wondering:circle-of-love:

LOL thanks fish

Yeah Ill go back and have another look at number two now!

Hi All

Went away on business for a week and left the plants in the care of the missus. It was either that or let them fend for themselves, so you can understand it was a 50/50 call... :rofl: Anyway they are looking ok, except for the hempy, which isnt.

You can see they have put on a lot of height, especially the tall one.

IMG_25685.jpg
IMG_25644.jpg

The hempie has yellow leaves with brown spots. I have tipped out all the water and have not watered it today, Im going to let it dry out then give it a nice clean dose of water and nutes.

IMG_25665.jpg

Heres the male, hes doing his thing in the room by himself. Im hoping to harvest some pollen from him. Im pretty sure my cats have been getting high off eating him.

IMG_25696.jpg

gotta love them ladies:thumb:

Some photos for your perusal.

IMG_25776.jpg
IMG_25784.jpg
IMG_25796.jpg
IMG_25807.jpg
IMG_25815.jpg
IMG_25825.jpg
IMG_25837.jpg
IMG_25848.jpg

:thumb:

Unfortunately my fan has packed a sad, so I have bought a new centrifugal one, should be delivered soonish I hope.

Ive started upping the nutes too, recommended is 3ml per litre, Im at about 4 now. The plants are drinking a lot more water these days.

surgar and spice and everything nice. looking frosty Neg:thumb:

as well you should be:)

Back
Top Bottom