First Ever Closet Grow Using a 300 Watt CFL - a Bit of Skill and a Lot of Luck!

Re: First ever closet grow using a 300 watt CFL, a bit of skill and a lot of luck!

hmmm.... strange, I dont understand why your not getting good drainage then.With all that perlite in there it should'nt be as compacted as you say. I use strait up promix bx and I dont add anything to it,it has great drainage.

Hey jon, I'm as confused as you.

I just looked up that promix bx and that looks like some very nice medium.

When using promix bx do you have to feed from early veg all the way through to bloom?

Re: First ever closet grow using a 300 watt CFL, a bit of skill and a lot of luck!

Wow am I pleased to hear that, I was thinking I would be stuck with the problem forever!

So let's say I use 3.5 gallons of soil; would I use 1.5 of perlite?

Glad about the pH too.

Thanks for your support mate :)

I use my scooper bro, 3 scoops soil mixture, 1 scoop perlite, thats 25% perlite. You could even go 30%, 2 scoops soil, 1 scoop perlite if you'd like it to drain even faster. Is your humidity there consistently higher than, say, 50-60%, I'm talking about the ambient humidity, the humidity outside. If it is, your humidity in your grospace will go a little higher due to evaporation from your pots and transpiration from your plants, in which case I would opt for the 30% mixture. Just my opinion....I mean that's what I do.

Hey dude, I use filtered tap water with pH of 7.0 which I adjust to 6.8. I don't let it sit because I'm hoping the chlorine gets filtered out. Does it?

That would depend on the type of filter you're using, is it designed to remove chlorine. You can sit it out for a few hours and never think about it again, or eliminate the possibility that chlorine is an issue.

I use my scooper bro, 3 scoops soil mixture, 1 scoop perlite, thats 25% perlite. You could even go 30%, 2 scoops soil, 1 scoop perlite if you'd like it to drain even faster. Is your humidity there consistently higher than, say, 50-60%, I'm talking about the ambient humidity, the humidity outside. If it is, your humidity in your grospace will go a little higher due to evaporation from your pots and transpiration from your plants, in which case I would opt for the 30% mixture. Just my opinion....I mean that's what I do.

Pooper scooper? lol

Nice one dude, I will be using 30% for my next mix then as the ambient humidy is probably in that range , tbh I've never checked, but I've always though it felt kinda damp in my place.

The humidity in the grow room today is 61%. This will be due to the fact I have watered and misted the walls in their too.

It's usually around 48% in the day.

Pooper scooper? lol

Nice one dude, I will be using 30% for my next mix then as the ambient humidy is probably in that range , tbh I've never checked, but I've always though it felt kinda damp in my place.

The humidity in the grow room today is 61%. This will be due to the fact I have watered and misted the walls in their too.

It's usually around 48% in the day.

Again bro, this is just me, I veg my plants at 60-70%Rh, and I flower at 40-50%. A coupla weeks before harvest, I struggle to keep it under 40%. I run my temps at around 80 degrees f during light periods and hopefully 70 in dark periods.
Note that all these figures are what I do without supplementing co2, if I do that I keep daytime temps higher.

hey noobie that looks like a nitrogen and potassium def. you should be ok in a few days after they drink up some food. nothing to panic about yet:) grats on the preflowers:)

hey noobie that looks like a nitrogen and potassium def. you should be ok in a few days after they drink up some food. nothing to panic about yet:) grats on the preflowers:)

Hey fishcake, so glad you popped by. Thankyou for that info, that's put my mind at rest a lot.

I was hoping it was something like that and nothing worse.

I really can't wait to transplant to see how they react to their new homes and hopefully sort their fkin heads out lol

Hey there Newbiedude!

First, congrats on the pre-flowers! :high-five:

I'm still following along, but I have very little soil experience - so I'm deferring to the soil guys who seem to be giving you very good advice. Smart Pots work very well - that was a good purchase. Those pots will give you much better root systems than a standard hard-side pot. They "air prune" the root tips, forcing better lateral root development (this is good!). For best results, set them on a grate or grid surface of some sort, or a saucer with raised ridges so that air gets to the bottom, too. You will get roots growing through the bottom a bit otherwise. Sorry I can't help more with the soils, but you are getting really solid advice from the soil guys from what I see.

Oh, as far as filtering chlorine - a good RO (reverse osmosis) filter will do that. Is that how you are filtering it? If not, let it sit for 24 hours or so to let the chlorine dissipate out, as mentioned, for best results.

Hi guys, pics for you!
IMAG014518.jpg

From the top we have Leggy Blonde
IMAG01489.jpg

Bushy Mamma
IMAG014715.jpg

and finally Skinny Brunette!
IMAG014615.jpg

All transplanted now and looking great, still signs of something wrong on some leaves but I'm hoping this should clear up now. The new growth looks lovely and green and healthy. Yeeee harrrrrrr!!!!!!!

looks like your going to have some happy girls Bro:)
I like it!

Back
Top Bottom