First Ever Attempt - Indoor Closet - Done A Lot Of Reading & Welcome Advice!

think you will be ok till it gets there:) I use my camera and load the pics on the computor then I can zoom in on the pics,but if you have a radio shack near you they sell a 60x100 lighted scope for less then $20usd
I bought one yesterday, then found out the postage could be 3 weeks :(

think you will be ok till it gets there:) I use my camera and load the pics on the computor then I can zoom in on the pics,but if you have a radio shack near you they sell a 60x100 lighted scope for less then $20usd

Yeah hopefully it just scrapes in! I only got 40x, but from what I read that should be ok. Yeah the camera idea is a good one too.

flee bay sell 60x microscope for £1 or $2 depending where you are, mine came with 3 leds on it, 2 of them are normal white light leds and the other is a uv led, so i think its used for checking bank notes as it has the uv light on it, its small but works perfectly, plus if i hole my camera lense over the eye part i can take pics of what im looking at, its small and can fit in a match box but it works great for me and cost next to nothing to buy with free postage, its worth checking the flee bay out

flee bay sell 60x microscope for £1 or $2 depending where you are, mine came with 3 leds on it, 2 of them are normal white light leds and the other is a uv led, so i think its used for checking bank notes as it has the uv light on it, its small but works perfectly, plus if i hole my camera lense over the eye part i can take pics of what im looking at, its small and can fit in a match box but it works great for me and cost next to nothing to buy with free postage, its worth checking the flee bay out

Hey donpaul! Yeah mate I love the fleabay.

Radio shack sells little scopes for like $5 that are 60x to 100x and they have a light AAA battery.

Thanks xengrow, I will consider dashing out if mine doesnt turn up in time.

no probs, plz dont forget to vote in the contests, voting has now started, the link is below for the contests,

Already voted for all categories mate! Some guy called donpaul.... seen his name around somewheres... :hmmmm:

Ok installed my new centrifugal fan, damn that things got some balls, pushing 3x the air of the old one, had to open another vent to stop it sucking the tent inside out!

:thumb:

IMG_26003.JPG
IMG_25996.JPG
IMG_26014.JPG

Hey mate,
Youll be havin a cupboard full of fun in no time! :goodjob:You will get great help here with just about any issues u may have, theres sum really great guys who've helped me alot. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Well I guess its time to start studying/learning how to harvest :scratchinghead:

feel free to ask any questions mate, lookng good so far, sounds like your pleased with the fan, should help keep the smell down as well, cant wait to see how this grow turns out, looks good so far mate, thanks for voting, make sure you enter the contests when you get chance, they are every month and the prizes are great, for plant of the month you need to enter your own plant, but for nug of the month you can enter your own bud, or anything you have been given or purchased, try and get the name if you can, for member of the month you get to nominate someone or someone else nominates you, its well worth entering,

Some photojournalistic updates! :green_heart:

IMG_26025.JPG
IMG_26035.JPG
IMG_26043.JPG
IMG_26066.JPG
IMG_26055.JPG
IMG_26075.JPG
IMG_26086.JPG
IMG_26096.JPG
IMG_26105.JPG
IMG_26115.JPG
IMG_26126.JPG

Hi Team

Ive noticed the leaves curling the last few days. You can see the edges in the pictures. I know this is typically caused by heat, but the ambient temperature is well within acceptable limits. is it possible that the plants are just too close to the light, and the energy from the HPS is causing them to experience heat stress? Its affecting the top half of the plants, the lower leaves are fine.

IMG_26136.JPG
IMG_26147.JPG

if you hold your hand just above the tops for about a minute and it feels hot then yeah your lights to close.also the closer to harvest the leaves will start to die so keep that in mind:circle-of-love:

if you hold your hand just above the tops for about a minute and it feels hot then yeah your lights to close.also the closer to harvest the leaves will start to die so keep that in mind:circle-of-love:

Thanks brother. I think I might also have fried the top bud a bit on one of them.

its always best to hang a temp gauge at the highest point of the plant and as close to the plant as possible, this will give you a good indication of the temps at the top of the plant, leaves curling up is a sign of heat stress, the temp at the top of the plant can be 10deg hotter than the bottom depending on how close the light is, make sure the air is moving and even have small fan blowing on the tops of the plant, this should solve the problem your having

Thanks Donpaul, quality advice as always. I will get a new battery for my thermometer and humidity gauge and re-check, in the meantime Ive moved the plants further from the light.

My fan is on the ground, I will put it on a small box.

Back
Top Bottom