First Grow

You gem you, you were right, took like 3-5 more days. On daaaaay 55 now? White hairs on all nodes and this has beastmoded up at LEAST 8 inches this past week. Assuming flowering will begin this week comin up.

Sounds to me like she's going through her stretch you should start seeing bud development soon(probably within a week or so). Just try and keep a positive attitude over here. After she starts full bloom you will probably be looking at another 6 weeks or do to finish up. Autos outdoors seem to take longer then the breeders say I've noticed.

To young to preflower, being outdoors they probably wont show till later in the year... I have done outdoors quite a bit and it is usually a month and a half old before I see preflowers

Hi KRrack! I share in your excitement. I got tickled catching up on this thread anticipating the preflowers each day and post. Then, BOOM there they are!

I'm still that way after a few years of growing. Your plant looks great from the close ups. We need to see a full plant shot now. :)

:thumb:

Sounds to me like she's going through her stretch you should start seeing bud development soon(probably within a week or so). Just try and keep a positive attitude over here. After she starts full bloom you will probably be looking at another 6 weeks or do to finish up. Autos outdoors seem to take longer then the breeders say I've noticed.

may sound angry but not really, just google sucks compared to real expertise, thanks again. Another question though, went out today looks like some ants have been eating some leaves literally overnight. Its going to rain so i think thatll keep em at bay, but is this a worrisome thing come flowers?

may sound angry but not really, just google sucks compared to real expertise, thanks again. Another question though, went out today looks like some ants have been eating some leaves literally overnight. Its going to rain so i think thatll keep em at bay, but is this a worrisome thing come flowers?
They could become a problem. Anything that's damaging your plants could wind up ruining your whole crop. I would make sure they are what's causing the damage then take appropriate action. I would look up diy mixes to spray them, and other ways to deter them. I've heard of people using a ring of copper on the ground around the plants to deter slugs so there many different ways to get rid of those pests

Ill have to keep an eye on it, ive watched ants mining flowers in the area for a few weeks, figured theyd stay over on those but maybe my plant attracts with its scent. Ill look up some things, wonder if cardboard on the base would help, hear it works for catepillars.

Have you checked for aphids? I've seen that ants farm and/or herd aphids.

I haven't really looked for too too much, I have a limited window of which i can even check the plant, will check it for that tomorrow or tuesday, but for now.. I am going to sprinkle some cornmeal around the soil, and put up some cardboard. I have moved my cilantro and dill nearby to help attract ladybugs, which eat aphids and other pests. Hopefully they come by this week.

EDIT: youre right though, ants dont do much dmg apparently, but are a hint they are working together with leaf miners, aphids or some other shit that brings out the honeydew. Its quite the transaction. They will suffer like the catepillars I found on my lettuce last week. I am the Mad King of my garden. BURN THEM ALL

New pics of the top, she be flowerin alright!

nug210.jpg
nug35.jpg

Along for the show! Mine will be flowering soon so I'm glad you are just ahead of me so I can watch. I've heard Diatomaceous Earth works really well on the soil to prevent ants and things from getting to your plants as well as some of the other ideas suggested. It's like walking on glass for them but doesn't hurt your plants.

Along for the show! Mine will be flowering soon so I'm glad you are just ahead of me so I can watch. I've heard Diatomaceous Earth works really well on the soil to prevent ants and things from getting to your plants as well as some of the other ideas suggested. It's like walking on glass for them but doesn't hurt your plants.

The only problem I've seen with DE is that if it becomes wet it doesn't work as good.. Something to check out before u buy a load

I think it may have been spider mites. But that damage seemed pretty good for just mites. Saw one on a leaf, told it to fuck off, found a web nearby and thrashed it. We'll see what goes down now. Lots of flies flying around too, ill be setting a trap this week for those, easy.

Heres a sunny pic, last nights did no justice... It was right after a HUGE thunder/hail storm, beans got destroyed but Giselle lives on.

sunnynug.jpg

yeah that's one of the great things about doing it outdoor ya never know what's coming indoor is kinda becoming boring to me :p

wow, she is getting tall fo' sho' ! Hey, I see that damage now... on the lettuce too... I'm thinking beetle of some sort, maybe《《《 that's my gardening instinct... gotta get em tho and I think your options narrow during flower. Is
Giselle your one and only? She's looking fab!

slightly different look, ive had leaf miners since day one on Giselle, but the other day just a ton of holes on a couple leaves, she powered through though. I mist the underside of her leaves like once weekly. The Lettuce is totally catepillars, and what I think are slugs or snails. So damn annoying when it rains it all gets flattened out and they take advantage.

Back
Top Bottom