First Grow

Mainebud

This is my first grow in about 20 years. Finding a lot has changed since my last grow so I'm going into this like a total newb. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here. Ill post some pics of what I have so far and any help, advice, criticism would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here's some pics. 3 each white widow, great white shark, crystal, and ice. As a first grow I thought I would try several strains and see what works best for me. My plan is to do a six plant scrog as I am allowed six flowering plants. So I have my veg tent set up and am working on my flower chamber. My veg tent is 54" x54" x84". Lights are a small 10k lumens florescent and I have a 8 bulb four foot t-5 for when they get big enough.

Seeds were started directly in medium. I used mg starter mix in cups and coco in tray. Again trying to see what works for me. I tried my first round with paper towels, not good. So these pics are 7 days from the day I planted seeds. Seems the mg ones are stunted, may have let them dry out too much. Coco is self watering tray.

So when should I transplant these? Oh yeah I plan to use soil for initial grow so I can get rooms dialed in then will consider hydro. I have roots organic 707 for soil. Plan to go to quart containers next.

Any thoughts or help would be great!

Ok going to read how to post a pic and ill be back

image730.jpg

image7271.jpg

Howdy Mainebud, looks like a nice set up, healthy looking plants. Perhaps some more soil in the cups? The initial tap root can go down 4" quick and you don't want that coiling up . Just put them in a bigger pot now about a 1 gallon size . That should give you time to do some reading before having to re-pot or change medium.I use soil as my main growing medium, something about the complexities of the flavor that can't be brought out in Hydro.
Are you going to go with a bigger or more light? , HPS or LED, during flowering? Just asking cause it looks like you've got plenty of room for them to grow.
There are some great grow journals here and great master growers. I am still learning and what I have learned from them, I gladly share. Have you read the free info on how to grow your cannabis? Its extensive, remember to take breaks while reading:nomo:, when your eyes are burning:trance:, its time to stop reading. I am sub'd ,here for the duration, prepare for the growining. lol ,:morenutes::rofl:You said you grew 20 years ago, what was your experience like? also what did you grow? and what was/ is your favorite smoke?:peace:

Cool to see another Mainer in here... looks like a nice start!

image7541.jpg

image7551.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. Here's a quick update with pics. All girls in bigger pots and under t-5s. Smoke, this is just my veg tent, I am building flower room. I plan to do a 12 plant scrog. The scgrog will be 5x16 with 4-1000 hps and 2-600 mh. Co2, vent fans ac, etc. more about that as it progresses.

As for previous grows, in the 90's I grew with a partner on a pretty large scale. Our setup, at the time, was pretty advanced. We built what would be called NFT today I think. 4" PVC pipes with net pots. Basically it was ebb and flow. My partner did the chemistry and I did most of the grunt work and distribution. Then I had a federal intervention, 37 months of it. So I haven't done anything with it since. But now I can grow my meds legit. So back in the game. I remember looking at that sog when the smell was so strong it almost put you to sleep! Mesmerizing really.

Thanks smoke but I don't feel like experienced grower! So much has changed in 20 years. S I've been following people's blogs and piecing together what I need. A lot of the basics are the same, good genetics, lots of light, good food and patience. I have the first three down but struggling with fourth! Lol

Buckshot, good to hear from you! We have always grown kicka** weed in this state! Grow on brotha!

Ok last one mixed up ill try again! Ill get this figured out.
Two ice
image7741.jpg

image7731.jpg

Two white widow
image7721.jpg

image7711.jpg

Two crystal
image7701.jpg

image7691.jpg

Two great white shark
image7681.jpg

image7671.jpg

One white widow
image7661.jpg

So there are some funky ones in the mix. Not sure why the crystal is growing crazy like that. It popped up no problem but only had cotyledons for awhile then this. Last pic is one of four seeds started in mg starter soil at same time others were started in coco. All four started in mg are same size. Don't know why they are stunted.

Aside from that they seem to be doing well. I tried to get clear pics so if anyone sees anything I'm not seeing please help!

So there are some funky ones in the mix. Not sure why the crystal is growing crazy like that. It popped up no problem but only had cotyledons for awhile then this. Last pic is one of four seeds started in mg starter soil at same time others were started in coco. All four started in mg are same size. Don't know why they are stunted.

Aside from that they seem to be doing well. I tried to get clear pics so if anyone sees anything I'm not seeing please help!

Plants in soil have to work harder to get nutrients broken down and absorbed, they probably have a nice root system , so expect a surge soon:thumb:.

So the ice plants seem to be more yellow than green. At first I thought it was just new growth but its looking like something is wrong. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

image7781.jpg

image777.jpg

image7761.jpg

If we are going to help you need to hit us with at least this info

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?