Fluffy's Got The Golden Ticket

Sorry to hear things are so rough for you right now Fluff.
sending some good energy your way doll.
:hug:

Awwwwh.... my journal is still going :) I love you guys, so much, really :circle-of-love:

I had better update hadn't I then? (I promise I will take some pictures for next time I am around).

Ruby II (Barneys Lucy) - the LST is working well now, although I am still to work out how to fill the other side of the plant pot, but that's probably later as some of the side branches get bigger. She looks really pretty and fluffy ... but Saturday will be leaf trim day (I have no supplies :yikes:) and a bit more string. Thank you Hozona, that sounds like a brilliant idea!

Others....

Well, the NL Auto died on me. My fault, I didn't do a great job of germination and growing because of mind being elsewhere. It was OK, gave me leaves to smoke in the absence of anything else :)

My two little Buddha White Dwarf autos survived the disastrous 2L Hempie attempt and are still going. They will be tiny tiny little things and hardly any yield but I couldn't bear to cull them after they had such a rough start.

The AK Auto, erm, well... she was doing great. Then I transplanted and dropped her because of the wonky wing. Nothing broke but she isn't looking happy at all and I don't know if she will make it. We will see.

I used up the last of my soil, chucked it all in a big pot and popped a Nirvana Bubbleicious Auto to just do whatever without any transplant.

For the future....

Soil is going to have to go, and I am gutted. I love getting my hands dirty and there is something about it that speaks to me. However, I just can't manage the transplants or all the heavy lifting anymore. So I figure HYDRO is the way to go :yikes:

Before I ever started growing I looked at DWC and very nearly went that way first... but I went for soil to make sure I could actually get a full grow out. So I reckon I must be drawn to DWC in some way anyway, therefore it makes sense to get....

DWC 1 Potz System - GreenSea Hydroponics

I know I could make one but this is cheap and is all set up, my DIY abilities are very limited due to the wing and domestic circumstances. I figure get one and see how we get on then I can just about squeeze one more in my cupboard so I have one photo and one auto plant, to cover both yield and speed.

You've really made me smile my friends, thank you.

I miss you all so very very much.

:circle-of-love:

yeah what Korloin said:)

Awwwwh.... my journal is still going :) I love you guys, so much, really :circle-of-love:

I had better update hadn't I then? (I promise I will take some pictures for next time I am around).

Ruby II (Barneys Lucy) - the LST is working well now, although I am still to work out how to fill the other side of the plant pot, but that's probably later as some of the side branches get bigger. She looks really pretty and fluffy ... but Saturday will be leaf trim day (I have no supplies :yikes:) and a bit more string. Thank you Hozona, that sounds like a brilliant idea!

Others....

Well, the NL Auto died on me. My fault, I didn't do a great job of germination and growing because of mind being elsewhere. It was OK, gave me leaves to smoke in the absence of anything else :)

My two little Buddha White Dwarf autos survived the disastrous 2L Hempie attempt and are still going. They will be tiny tiny little things and hardly any yield but I couldn't bear to cull them after they had such a rough start.

The AK Auto, erm, well... she was doing great. Then I transplanted and dropped her because of the wonky wing. Nothing broke but she isn't looking happy at all and I don't know if she will make it. We will see.

I used up the last of my soil, chucked it all in a big pot and popped a Nirvana Bubbleicious Auto to just do whatever without any transplant.

For the future....

Soil is going to have to go, and I am gutted. I love getting my hands dirty and there is something about it that speaks to me. However, I just can't manage the transplants or all the heavy lifting anymore. So I figure HYDRO is the way to go :yikes:

Before I ever started growing I looked at DWC and very nearly went that way first... but I went for soil to make sure I could actually get a full grow out. So I reckon I must be drawn to DWC in some way anyway, therefore it makes sense to get....

DWC 1 Potz System - GreenSea Hydroponics

I know I could make one but this is cheap and is all set up, my DIY abilities are very limited due to the wing and domestic circumstances. I figure get one and see how we get on then I can just about squeeze one more in my cupboard so I have one photo and one auto plant, to cover both yield and speed.

You've really made me smile my friends, thank you.

I miss you all so very very much.

:circle-of-love:
Fluffy, since my bro won't be living here anymore I will be able to go away for several days at a time if I want. After this grow I think I will be making the move in the opposite direction..using BIDs high brix soil mix...kinda hydro...cococoir and lots of organic supplements. I can put a reservoir on a timer and install drippers on the pots...thinking 3 gallon...Pretty sure I will continue to clone in the bucket cloner, from there to their first soil. This will make putting my outdoor grow in gear really easy. Had to try the Aero, a little, no alot of high maintenance! :cheesygrinsmiley:If it fits your situation/time schedule then go hydro. Be prepared to have that ball and chain for at least 90 days depending on the strain...
:tokin:

Hey fluffy Nice journal , very informative. Was jumping on because of the soil love, but now you may be going hydro :( I'l jump on board anyway.

One think I picked up if you dont mind, if your doing a 2L hempy then the medium needs to be say coco or clay or fiberglass and not soil . Because if its soil the plant will have all it needs in the soil and not really need to go into the res as all its food is already there. Just a thought. I got a 2L pepper plant in soil and she just has her feet in the res so to say. Just sat on the edge paddling. But if it was coco just a medium to hold the root ball then the roots would chase the res for nutes.

i have to dissagree with that.
having run 2l soil and 2l soilhydro hybrids i see MUCH more rooting in the bottom section with the hydro combination.
i think peppers are a bad example to compare. we have peppers growing here in soil pots half the size of a 2l yet the plants are as tall if not taller than my stretched kc45s.

weed likes to dig deep. and doesnt slow its stride at all when breaching the soil and entering the hydro section...only reason im not still growing that way is because i made a bad descision on the transition layer and gave fungus gnats the perfect place to get established =(

having run 2l soil and 2l soilhydro hybrids i see MUCH more rooting in the bottom section with the hydro combination.
i think peppers are a bad example to compare. we have peppers growing here in soil pots half the size of a 2l yet the plants are as tall if not taller than my stretched kc45s.

weed likes to dig deep. and doesnt slow its stride at all when breaching the soil and entering the hydro section...only reason im not still growing that way is because i made a bad descision on the transition layer and gave fungus gnats the perfect place to get established =(

Ah ok, peppers are a bad example then, probably as they aren't weeds.

Oh that's a bummer GiGa! I really liked your hydroganic setup :(. I didn't know you ran into trouble with them :(. F'n gnats

yeah my hydroganics have been suspended for now, im totally in soil for the moment and my next grow is totally rockwool hydro drip feeding...but i will get back to ganics as soon as i can afford to, but i need to be able to afford the loss of a few crops while i dial it in. fkin gnats are still with me as we speak!

it was my stupid use of kitchen towel between the soil and the water...turned into a nice fungus infested soup ready to be fast food for gnat babies. next time i need something inorganic and with tighter control over the upflow of water so its not as swampy as my prototypes.

but at least i ran the experiment long enough to validate the whole no nutes no PH or ppm worries for the water part, if its just plain water with no food in it, they drink all they want and dont care about its PH...

HEllo Mrs Fluffy wonka:):)
Just stumbled upon your golden ticket grow journal... Now remember what I told you, Willy wonka is EVIL.. He set up a chocolate fairyland ( possibly laced with LSD ) and let the kids go the hack eating shit and if they did he d let em get farked up!! And he didnt car? He just says - Oh, no dont do that' with a smug grin on his face knowing full well theyre gunna cop it:)
Ahh willy wonka - if only he had a massive hydro set up behind them gates, THEN ID WANT HE GOLDEN TICKET!!! Sign me up...
Good job fluffy.. You have spread your wings and flown since joining here!! WELL DONE. Smokemup

Right on man. You were doing something nobody has done before so you're bound to run into unexpected complications. Sucks that you lost a crop bro, I hope you make it back and get that drip system running soon.

Cheers :passitleft:

its all good, i managed to rip the pots apart and salvage the plants. everything is clinging on for dear life...i now have h202 and superthrive so im almost out of the woods =D

Back
Top Bottom