Ganja_smoker's Hydroponic Grow Journal

My clones are doing good. so far, six of them have roots and are now in rockwool. I got rid of my mother plant today. One of these will be the new mother.

clones_8-4-07.jpg

:peace:

UPDATE
The clones I cut on July 23 are now in their final week of flowering. I started them on a water-only flush 2 days ago. Harvest day is set for this Saturday (day 64 of flowering).

I have made a few changes this time around......
  • I installed a reverse-osmosis water filter in my kitchen sink. I spent about $200 for it. Before, I was spending 40 cents/gallon for distilled water. So, this will pay for itself in about 500 gallons. My Hydro system uses 15-20 gallons a week. My plants LOVE this R/O water!
  • I added more fans. It was hot this summer. At times I had nine fans running in the grow room. Temps were in the mid 80s during the day when the lights were on.
  • In an attempt to lower the humidity, I put a plastic cover over the flood-and-drain tray. I think it worked - the humidity is usually around 30%. Without the cover, it was usually at least 10% higher. The buds look a lot more resiny this time. I think that is a result of lower humidity.
  • I topped the plants this time. I had to. After the first two or three weeks in flowering, the plants had grown so tall they were touching the glass of the light hood. They grew FAST! Topping the plants seem to have caused the buds to be a lot fatter. At the top, instead of one big, tall cola on each plant, there are three shorter, but fatter buds.

SMOKE REPORT

The last harvest (8-24-07) was good. I ended up with 354 grams dry. Good smoke. The next one looks to be even better! next harvest is this Saturday.

These buds will be harvested on Saturday.....

day601.jpg

day60_closeup.jpg

This is the new batch of clones......

newcrop_102307.jpg

These were cut on 10-5-07. Four of them will go into the flower room and one will become the mother of the next crop.

buds looks beautiful man, very nice work :cool:

DAY 62

This is the top of one of the plants. All four of the plants have a triple-cola top like this one. I topped them about 3 weeks into flowering. They were growing so tall they were touching the glass of the light hood after I had raised it as high as it would go. I chopped off about 11 inches from each of the plants.
day62_102507.jpg

:ciao:

HYDROPONIC DRIP SYSTEM

I put the new clones on the drip system today. They were getting a mild nutrient solution fed by hand as needed. Also, they are misted with fresh water regularly.
Now they will get full-strength nutrient solution through the drippers three times a day. The timer is set to drip for a half-an-hour at about 7:00am, 3:00pm and 10:45pm. (the light is on from 6am til 12 midnight)
dripsystem_102507.jpg

This is probably the easiest hydroponic system to set up.

Harvest
10-29-07_harvest.jpg
I waited an extra day to harvest. This photo was taken at then end of the day Sunday. I spent about 8 hours trimming the buds, and a few hours today. Yummy finger hash was the reward of my hard work. The buds look really good. Way more crystals than last time.

Good Tip --> It's a good idea to get as much of the trimming done as soon as possible. The buds I trimmed today were a lot harder to do because the leaves droop down around the bud making it harder to get the scissors in there. When it's fresh the leaves stick out from the bud making it really easy to trim.​

Back
Top Bottom