GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

The table I looked at said that we reach a high of 14 hours 54 minutes of sunlight at the end of June and then it starts to decrease from there. 🤔
Sunrise here in Michigan at 5:30 am here and dark about 10:00/ 10:30 pm here on a long day.
Sit up one morning @ crack of dawn and watch the sunrise and how the color of the light changes, Early morning is almost a purple hue after an 1/2 hr or so it turns orange then here about then to a mix daylight color tgen reverse at dusk except I haven't noticed the pure white /purple hue i think that's All UV . I know it sounds like a waste of time but its good to know for plant placement especially in flower ✌️

Hello all.

I've got pics from the the New Trick girls today, taken from the top on their Flip20. My apologies for the somewhat poor pic quality, but you all should be used to that by now! :)

Lemon Bubble:
LB 4-20-24 F20 above .jpg

Hash Lover:
HL 4-20-24 F20 above.jpg

Blue Cindy:
BC 4-20-24 F20  above.JPG

(Arrghh! I really hate this pic.)

Since BC is the only one who no longer has a "shag" hair style (I've removed all of the big fans from her bottom.) I'm posting an eyelevel pic of her too.
BC 4-20-24 F20  eyelevel.JPG

All fed, photoed, clipped (a little) and back in the tent!
NT 4-20-24 F20 tent.jpg

The LB and HL are really thirsty. I think I might need to begin feeding them twice daily, once at lights on and again at lights out.

The BC drinks but then she stops drinking at some point. Her res was only half-empty today. I checked the pH of what was in the res and it was 7.1. Yikes! That amount of pH drift causes me some concern, mostly because I don't know why it's happening. I topped her res and adjusted the contents down to a pH of 5.7.

--------------------------------------

I really appreciate all the feedback relating to me getting a plant off to a good start outdoors. I'm still thinking about some of your responses and I'll discuss it more soon.

I hope everyone is celebrating 420 in a proper manner. I know I am!

A good measure of how zooted one might be is to gauge one's reaction to a Dad joke.

Question: What do world-class sprinters eat before a big race?

Answer: Nothing. They fast!

---------------------------------------

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE

Nice! They're looking real good today, GDB.👍
I missed the part about you growing outdoors, I can help you with that-
I grew out there for a lot of years...

Hello all.

I've got pics from the the New Trick girls today, taken from the top on their Flip20. My apologies for the somewhat poor pic quality, but you all should be used to that by now! :)

Lemon Bubble:
LB 4-20-24 F20 above .jpg

Hash Lover:
HL 4-20-24 F20 above.jpg

Blue Cindy:
BC 4-20-24 F20  above.JPG

(Arrghh! I really hate this pic.)

Since BC is the only one who no longer has a "shag" hair style (I've removed all of the big fans from her bottom.) I'm posting an eyelevel pic of her too.
BC 4-20-24 F20  eyelevel.JPG

NT 4-20-24 F20 tent.jpg

The LB and HL are really thirsty. I think I might need to begin feeding them twice daily, once at lights on and again at lights out.

The BC drinks but then she stops drinking at some point. Her res was only half-empty today. I checked the pH of what was in the res and it was 7.1. Yikes! That amount of pH drift causes me some concern, mostly because I don't know why it's happening. I topped her res and adjusted the contents down to a pH of 5.7.

I really appreciate all the feedback relating to me getting a plant off to a good start outdoors. I'm still thinking about some of your responses and I'll discuss it more soon.

I hope everyone is celebrating 420 in a proper manner. I know I am!

A good measure of how zooted one might be is to gauge one's reaction to a Dad joke.

Question: What do world-class sprinters eat before a big race?

Answer: Nothing. They fast!

---------------------------------------

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE
plants look real healthy GDB, shitty pics Lol! been seeing a few ppl doing joint grows you & me could start one for a crappy pic throw off anyone can join Lol! pics wernt that bad enjoy your zoot weekend

Highya GDB,

I have my lights programmed to come on when the sun would come up and down at May 1st. Then I put them in a cold frame to get used to being outdoors until they go in the ground (usually 3rd week in May, in Maine). Also, they stay in solo cups until I put them in the ground. Never had a problem at the beginning; just getting them through to finish!! Happy 420 Day to you and yours!! Also, Happy Smokin'
P.S. your girls look gorgeous. 2 had a beautiful green color with no burnt tips, as goog as it gets!! The other one was light colored, but must be something to do with genetics. Very nice job!!

I got nothing on the coco, but high praise on the look of the plants!
You got nothing Shed. Hot damn, Ima bookmark this page! 😁

Nice! They're looking real good today, GDB.👍
I missed the part about you growing outdoors, I can help you with that-
I grew out there for a lot of years...
Thanks Carcass! You must know your assistance will be greatly appreciated. I've already got an internal kerfuffle going on just about how to get them in the ground!

Since you missed it, at your convenience please go back to HERE and read the posts that follow. You'll likely see where my confusion lies. :Rasta:

Plants look great and there is nothing wrong with your pictures. Keep complaining and I will send you some of mine. 🍋
Thanks Keith. I remember you posting a few lousy pics, but we all do.

Although you may do it lousier than some others! 😁

plants look real healthy GDB, shitty pics Lol! been seeing a few ppl doing joint grows you & me could start one for a crappy pic throw off anyone can join Lol! pics wernt that bad enjoy your zoot weekend
LMAO! That would be a thread for the true stoners, con! They'd see the pics as clearly as they probably ever do! :ganjamon:

Highya GDB,

I have my lights programmed to come on when the sun would come up and down at May 1st. Then I put them in a cold frame to get used to being outdoors until they go in the ground (usually 3rd week in May, in Maine). Also, they stay in solo cups until I put them in the ground. Never had a problem at the beginning; just getting them through to finish!! Happy 420 Day to you and yours!! Also, Happy Smokin'
P.S. your girls look gorgeous. 2 had a beautiful green color with no burnt tips, as goog as it gets!! The other one was light colored, but must be something to do with genetics. Very nice job!!
Very helpful info. Bode! Thank you so much. :thanks:

Hello again gang.

I've taken in all the suggestions I've received about getting a plant started outdoors, and I'm super grateful for all the input!

Unless you had any inkling that one of those three was going outside, that counts as a COP! And well done getting to be the Grand Daddy with only the good parts of parenting an outside plant. :)
Typical grandparent advantage, heh! :)
In terms of moving it outside it's more about nighttime temps than light hours at this point,
Duly noted!
Not enough light yet GBD they'll trigger wait until mid/end may I put mine out then and im in Michigan ive had them trigger if put them out that soon w/o supplemental lighting ✌️
Duly noted!
nd like Shed says temps ✌️
Already duly noted!
Window is good if it's SW facing, but if you put an 18/6 plant outside at 13.5 hours of light it will flower if it's mature. I know Otter times his inside to match his move date.
Thanks Shed. They're not mature but I'll reach out to Otter about his prep process.
End of May always worked for me so whatever the hrs are then, I guessed about 15 but either way if you're in the eastern time zone the end of may is GOOD!
You were close with your guess SOG!
My outdoor/outdoor stock Hippy 420!
Looking good, SOG! Are some of those clones?
I usually wait till it is 60 or higher outside night temp. 🍋
Thanks Keith. I plan to do the same. :thanks:
And trust me a few extra weeks indoors till later won't matter a bit after a week or so outside, plus itll give that plant eating bug that's stalking you time to go to your neighbors house, he'll get tired of waiting for lunch 🤣🤣✌️
That damn bug sat on my window and winked at me. :straightface:
Sunrise here in Michigan at 5:30 am here and dark about 10:00/ 10:30 pm here on a long day.
Sit up one morning @ crack of dawn and watch the sunrise and how the color of the light changes, Early morning is almost a purple hue after an 1/2 hr or so it turns orange then here about then to a mix daylight color tgen reverse at dusk except I haven't noticed the pure white /purple hue i think that's All UV . I know it sounds like a waste of time but its good to know for plant placement especially in flower ✌️
That's a good idea SOG. I'll call my buddy and tell him that he needs to do that before we put the plant in the ground. Hope that's not a deal breaker! 😁

And thank you again, because whether intentionally or not, you've put me in a romantic mood! :love:

Looks like your outdoor will be retiring in a nice spot with class care 👌 when I give plants away I end up caring more for them then my keepers 😂.

And your three Ladies look great 👍

I tried to look back but gave up lol what Coco did you use in the end? And did you mix anything with it?
Nutes drifting up is a safer place to be coming into full flower mode ime, but again I drain to waste so big difference.. I'm watching closely to this next week 😁

Looks like your outdoor will be retiring in a nice spot with class care 👌 when I give plants away I end up caring more for them then my keepers 😂.

And your three Ladies look great 👍

I tried to look back but gave up lol what Coco did you use in the end? And did you mix anything with it?
Nutes drifting up is a safer place to be coming into full flower mode ime, but again I drain to waste so big difference.. I'm watching closely to this next week 😁
Thanks GV!

I used Cocodelphia by Organic Mechanics. I added perlite to all the pots and I top-dressed them all with some Bios natural fertilizer ("fermented wheat bran that has billions of healthy bacteria and fungi..."). The pots with the LB and HL which are being fed Strive nutrients also got a cup of EWC each added. The other two plants on Grow Dots, just got Grow Dots.

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

I'm happy to announce that on her Day 61 the Cosmic Lights has blinked!

CL 4-21-24 D61.jpg

She actually grew over the last few days and some of her new growth looks "almost" normal!

Based on what I've experienced before, her Grow Dots should soon fizzle out. But will that be the case this time?
The Blue Cindy (same age as the CL) in the 5x5 is also on Dots and she has shown no indication that she lacks for anything. I'm wondering, could it be that for some reason Dots hold up longer in coco than in soil?

In the past I've gotten Dots-fed plants to the end by using the bloom dosage of another nutrient line. I've used several different nutes to bring them home and they all seemed to work. But I don't want to risk over-feeding the CL by giving her stuff that she doesn't need.

So the only way I can find out whether their coco performance differs is to not supplement the Dots with another nutrient and see what happens. But, when the Dots fade away plants tend to go south quickly. I've seen leaves turn yellow on such plants at a very rapid pace, nearly at the speed of darkness (which I assume is way faster than the speed of light). :)

So what to do now that she's shown some interest in actually growing?

I'll have to give that some thought. This is a New Trick on top of a New Trick.

------------------------------------

As always, thank you for stopping by.

I wish all a joyous and rejuvenating Sunday!

PEACE

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

I'm happy to announce that on her Day 61 the Cosmic Lights has blinked!

CL 4-21-24 D61.jpg

She actually grew over the last few days and some of her new growth looks "almost" normal!

Based on what I've experienced before, her Grow Dots should soon fizzle out. But will that be the case this time?
The Blue Cindy (same age as the CL) in the 5x5 is also on Dots and she has shown no indication that she lacks for anything. I'm wondering, could it be that for some reason Dots hold up longer in coco than in soil?

In the past I've gotten Dots-fed plants to the end by using the bloom dosage of another nutrient line. I've used several different nutes to bring them home and they all seemed to work. But I don't want to risk over-feeding the CL by giving her stuff that she doesn't need.

So the only way I can find out whether their coco performance differs is to not supplement the Dots with another nutrient and see what happens. But, when the Dots fade away plants tend to go south quickly. I've seen leaves turn yellow on such plants at a very rapid pace, nearly at the speed of darkness (which I assume is way faster than the speed of light). :)

So what to do now that she's shown some interest in actually growing?

I'll have to give that some thought. This is a New Trick on top of a New Trick.

------------------------------------

As always, thank you for stopping by.

I wish all a joyous and rejuvenating Sunday!

PEACE
good pic what happened? Lol! looking good sorry i can't help with your questions

Back
Top Bottom