GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Question how does one measure ymols? I am not familiar with them. It may be a stupid question. 🍋
I use the Photone phone app. It can measure PPFD which is µmols/m²/s (micro-mols per square meter per second). The app is free but you need a diffuser. One can be made from paper or they sell a plastic clip on diffuser for $26. I just bought the clip-on diffuser but haven't used it much. The paper diffuser seems to work but I want more accuracy.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the app also measures lumens (amount of visible light perceived by the human eye) and DLI. Daily Light Integral (DLI) is probably the most important light measurement, according to my research. It measures how many photons are striking your plant over a 24 hour period. An Internet search will find many references for the proper DLI for each phase of your plant.

Those SaugaViews® are great, GDB!

All 3 look great, but look at all those pom-poms on the Hash Lover!....damn...they sure named that one right..:thedoubletake:

I appreciate the response I am new to the whole light in the tent. I have a 2x2 with a GROWANT light, but I am going to step up to a 4x4 and new light. So it is all new to me. 🍋
I think you're gonna' have a blast doing indoor grows, Keith! I look forward to seeing you kick it into gear! :Rasta:

Those SaugaViews® are great, GDB!

All 3 look great, but look at all those pom-poms on the Hash Lover!....damn...they sure named that one right..:thedoubletake:
Thanks Carcass. I'm glad you enjoyed my "overhead" views. :straightface:

And yeah, that Hash Lover has got my attention! 👀

Post as much as you can if you're going to include pretty plant pictures.

Glad to hear about AC Infinity. I may contact them about mine. In the meantime, I am NOT trusting the floats. They work well otherwise.
Thanks BiggMakk!

At first the guy at AC Infinity advised me to inspect the units and clean off any foreign material that may be present. When I assured him that the indicators didn't perform properly when they were brand new, he said he'd send me some new ones.

Hello all.

It's Day 33 for the Phase II girls and the little Godberry (center) has just passed 5 inches in height.

NT )2 5-3-24 D33 tent.jpg

Watching these plants grow has not been easy. I feel like I'm participating in some sort of "Soil Reorientation Program." Just think, prior to now I never considered my growth rates in soil to be "slow." Now? Well, it's only day 33 and I'm already getting the urge to start twiddling my thumbs!

To make matter worse, I've started focusing on folks who are growing in coco. Watching their explosive growth rates provides me with daily reminders of what "could" be. Sheesh! :straightface:

--------------------------

I'm running out of headroom in the 2x2. The Cosmic Lights has to go. I spoke with my growmie and he'll be waiting on her on Monday!
CL 5-3-24 D73.jpg

------------------------------

Thanks for looking in.

I'll see you soon. I won't be going anywhere for quite a while! :Rasta:

PEACE

Good morning GDB that plant is a little tight in your 2x2, have you ever grown a plant start to finish in a 2x2? Have a good day and happy growing. 🍋
Just once Keith, 3 years ago I grew this same strain (Cosmic Lights) all the way to the end in the 2x2. She stayed short, however, ending up about only 16 inches tall at the end.

I talked about it HERE.

Thanks, GDB this is going to be interesting when I get around to growing in a bigger tent and bigger light. I am not sure if I should start with an auto or not. I will have plenty of seeds both auto and standard seeds. I will have to find the easiest to grow. How do you control the size by pots and training only. 🍋

Thanks, GDB this is going to be interesting when I get around to growing in a bigger tent and bigger light. I am not sure if I should start with an auto or not. I will have plenty of seeds both auto and standard seeds. I will have to find the easiest to grow. How do you control the size by pots and training only. 🍋
You didn't ask, Keith, but I would suggest you start with photos. They are much more forgiving of hiccups than autos are.

Yes, training and pot size both play a role in plant size, along with your grow medium, fertilizers your light and your environment. I think what matters most, however, is how long you let them veg. Under ideal conditions, a longer veg period will get you a larger plant.

I both would and wouldn't be surprised if you started growing in coco from now on!

Zoom zoom! Will he be hardening it off to the sun before putting it in the ground?
To pH or not to Ph, that is the question. :Rasta:

Yeah, we discussed that last week. He's gonna' keep it on his deck for at least 3-4 days, under one of those big umbrellas.

Hello grow gang.

I've got another "nothing to report" post on the New Trick girls on their Flip 33!

They're just trucking along at the moment. All of their reservoirs were dry this afternoon (more on that in a second). I took the opportunity to clean all of the bases. The Strive-fed plants, especially, had significant residue in the bottoms. After cleaning, I filled them all with plain water, pH'd to 5.8 and that was it. They've had their back-to-back Strive doses and now its water only day!

I've heard the masses: "Take a pic from a different angle!"

Well, that's a lie. :)

But here's a pic from thru the side door:
NT 5-3-24 F33 sidedoor tent.jpg

Hash Lover, left. Blue Cindy, right. Lemon Bubble, rear. Blue Cindy has damn near turned the proper green again!

Regarding all 3 reservoirs being dry, I let that happen to see if I was right about perhaps needing longer swick lines in a few of the bases. I put new lines in the BC a few days back and I cut them longer so that a portion of them laid flat on the bottom of the base. The lines in the LB & BL were cut to exact lengths so that just their tips reached to the base bottoms.

When I checked them yesterday afternoon they were all about slightly less than half full. I let them be, realizing that their contents would likely be gone by today. But I wanted to see how gone.

Well the BC with the longer wicks was bone dry. The LB & HL were as dry as I've ever seen them but not bone dry like the other. They still had a tiny bit of liquid remaining, which looked like mostly sediment. It might have gotten sucked up if not for being so yucky.

So my conclusion about my swick line-length test, "GDB, get a life!" 😁

The LB & HL have slowed their drinking over the past week. For a short while (just a few days, actually) they were emptying their bases over a 24-hour period. I find that interesting. It seems like about 3 weeks after they were flipped they started guzzling. Then maybe a week later, they slowed their drinking again.

Having direct visual evidence of how much water remains in the bases from day to day makes that kind of observation easy. In the day-to-day fog of watering plants in soil I probably would not have noticed that.

-----------------------------

Thanks for stopping by!

PEACE

Those leaves are still resting on those rocks! She refuses to get any taller at the moment. I should call her "Huggy Lowdown." :)
Huggy FTW! Man I miss those morning radio shows! Donnie Simpson and Rickey Smiley were the best!
Did I welcome you to the dark side already 🤔😂
Interestd in your thoughts on end quality too.
I'm also interested in this! I'm typically unimpressed by the effects of hydro grown herb, it looks great but "isn't 'bout nuthin". I can't say that I've ever tried a coco grown plant though, maybe it's got a better constitution?

Huggy FTW! Man I miss those morning radio shows! Donnie Simpson and Rickey Smiley were the best!

I'm also interested in this! I'm typically unimpressed by the effects of hydro grown herb, it looks great but "isn't 'bout nuthin". I can't say that I've ever tried a coco grown plant though, maybe it's got a better constitution?
Nothing like a good laugh in the morning, right? Years ago I used to look like a fool driving to work. In the car by myself, listening to Huggy and laughing out loud! :)

I used to grow in DWC and back then I had no issues with the quality of the bud. I imagine (hope) the coco results will be similar.

Thanks for stopping by Rhino!

GDB! Looking fire my friend 🔥 and that fermented wheat bran is working you wonders right now 💪👌

So in my basket I currently have auto pots 😂 same bottom feed but no strings attached lol and also some bokashi wheat bran! The wheat bran will make it into my next journal as Its cheap and exactly what I've been looking for even though Bill has slapped me in the face with it for over a year 🤣

Thanks for shearing 🙏👊

GDB! Looking fire my friend 🔥 and that fermented wheat bran is working you wonders right now 💪👌

So in my basket I currently have auto pots 😂 same bottom feed but no strings attached lol and also some bokashi wheat bran! The wheat bran will make it into my next journal as Its cheap and exactly what I've been looking for even though Bill has slapped me in the face with it for over a year 🤣

Thanks for shearing 🙏👊
Thanks GV.

I'll need to check out your auto pot/coco grow! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom