George Is Getting Excited! My First Grow Black Indica Soil LED

I haven't started using mine yet as I'll be using them for their final pot but yes that is part of it. Fabric pots are just much better for soil aeration which is important for your root growth as well as nutrient uptake.

Theres nothing wrong with just using the plastics since most of us have been using them for years with good results but I just find that you would need a bigger pot in comparison to the fabrics to achieve the same results.

Defibitelt much better for drainage as you said too :)

I just fed the girls. .75 ml Big Bloom, .5 ml grow big, .5 ml tiger bloom, 1 ml Cal Mag. All mixed up in one gallon of well water and then pH to 6.5. There was hardly any run out with each plant after I fed it one full gallon. I'm now wondering if the roots are holding more water so should I go back and feed them some more? Because I didn't get enough run off to measure the pH. Any advice would be appreciated.

I just watered my plants with 1 ml of Cal Mag. My plants used to take one gallon of water and you would get run off. Today I had to add another third of a gallon just to get the run off. I guess they get thirsty or as they get bigger. I would post some pictures but yesterday I tried for 30 minutes and couldn't complete the upload. I wish they fix it.

Here's the latest picture of my girls in 8 days of Bloom since I switched to 1212.

2018-02-15_06_27_05.jpg

I've got a question. Would it be beneficial for me to do some pruning on these girls? I will do it if I'm not going to hurt them in any way. Please give me honest answers. Here's the latest picture of them.

2018-02-17_13_38_39.jpg

I just pruned three of the girls. I also moved them into a different location in the tent so they look a little bare and hagard. I also fed them with one and a quarter milliliters of cal-mag, 1 ml of Big Bloom, .75 mL of big grow, .75 ml of tiger bloom. I fed the three big girls 1 1/3 gallons each. The little plant got about a third of a gallon. I don't think that little one's going to catch up at all but we'll see.

20180218_084528.jpg

Since I'm a new grower I learn things every week. I realize that moving plants around inside the tent and doing some minor pruning really helps.

I just looked at my plants and they look different today from yesterday. It looks like the buds are starting to grow. Yippee

It's really exciting every time I open the tent they look different. The bud sites are really getting developed now. Today is exactly 8 weeks since they broke through the soil.

I just moved the girls around into a different area in the tent. And did a very minor defoliation while I had them out. Things are looking good as far as I can tell. I personally have not spotted any nute burn or deficiencies. But then again I'm not feeding a whole lot when I do feed. The only thing I'm concerned about right now is since they are starting to Bud do I need to increase a certain fertilizer?

Please help. Everything up until now the plants have looked completely perfect. I opened the tent this morning and this is what I saw. This only appears on one of my for plants and only on 10% of the leaves as of now. I've looked on the deficiency charts and frankly. I can't tell what it is. I don't have the experience yet.

Have you checked the ppm on your well water? There may be a lot of minerals in there. If your ppm is really high, like over 400, you may need to flush with distilled to try to pull the excess minerals/salts out of the soil.

Looks like a phosphorus deficiency or light burn, is that one plant directly under the light?
Yes that one's pretty close to the light. I just raised the light a little bit more. But a couple of the leaves that look funny AR a couple feet away from the light. I just checked the PPM of my well water and it is 360. I sometimes get the smell of rotten eggs from my water which I'm told is sulfur. But I haven't smelled that in a long time. Of course that doesn't mean I don't have sulfur in my water today. If you think it's prudent I will up all the nutrients from 1/4 to 1/2.

looks like phosphorus deficiency. if the plants are close tio light the intense light will make the plant work harder. Its not light burn, it looks different of leds, almost a bleaching effect if plants get too close. Problem is im not a soil grower, I hate it so I don't want to give advice on how to fix it incase I make it worse. In coco id just bump up my p/k and lower my base nutes a touch. but I don't know if that work in soil.

Back
Top Bottom