GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Insane lookin purple!
::props::

Thanks HF! :)

I agree! I have never seen a strain like this, leave alone the fact that it is supposed to be White Rhino. The Northern Lights I have out there is turning the same purple hue, but the buds are really small diameter and it doesn't look like it would hardly be worth the trouble of harvesting the whole thing. I will probably just take a few main colas for comparison to the Purple Rhino.

I am convinced that these radical color changes are due to our overnight lows that have been dipping into the high 30s for the last three weeks, but with daytime highs in the mid 70s to lower 80s.

Weekend Update II
BBK #3 Harvest

This plant had a heck of a lot more bud on it than I expected! It took me two sessions over two days to get it all trimmed and ready for hanging. As with all the other BBK I have grown so far, this stuff was sticky as hell! This time I had THREE pairs of Fiskar sheers standing by so I could get through all the trimming wth minimum gum up.

This is the growing tip I cloned from BBK #1 back in early July.

Here are the photos of the process:

BBK #3 Before Harvest

p10123483.JPG

First batch of buds

P10123681.JPG

Remaining plant after round one

p10123711.JPG

Second and Final Harvest of Remaining Buds

p10123731.JPG
p10123741.JPG

Thanks BBK#3! You were a great little producer for only being 21" tall!

p10123751.JPG

I'll be back with a Mini Urkle Harvest later today. Stay tuned!

:thanks:

WOW that 'purple' Rhino almost looks toxic bet it gives you a hell of a buzz !

Im impressed by you every time i come to your journal always have somthing going on and always have fantastic pictures to drawl over i swear i spend more time looking at your pics then looking at my own girls!

Looks like Purple Rhino has stolen the limelight incredible strain :goodjob:

WOW that 'purple' Rhino almost looks toxic bet it gives you a hell of a buzz !

Im impressed by you every time i come to your journal always have somthing going on and always have fantastic pictures to drawl over i swear i spend more time looking at your pics then looking at my own girls!

Looks like Purple Rhino has stolen the limelight incredible strain :goodjob:

Thanks GS!

I hope that the balance of this stuff is a little more impressive than the test bud I tried last week. It was just average in terms of the high and the taste, but I am hoping that some curing time will change that! It definitely has a nice Lavender smell to it when its freshly cut, and sticky as honey! :)

Speaking of which...

Purple Rhino Harvest Part 2

p10123542.JPG

A little more to add to the total. The buds on this plant were never anything to write home about, but if the quality ends up being there, then it would have been worth the effort. I only kept the largest buds. I didn't bother with all the tiny popcorn buds

p10123591.JPG

Here is the harvested and pruned plant that I will attempt to overwinter in the bathroom grow room until next season.

P1012361.JPG

Definitely a rare gem that purple rhino is. I'm sure the plant will reveg without issue and the cross Urkles and a Purple Rhino cross will be amazing! Economy is not that great nowadays but with the looks of your nugs all dispensaries should have no problem buying them up. You could even sell Purple Rhino clones later on if you choose. You'll be the only one in the state with this gem. Harvest looks good as ever!

awesome my friend...
lucked up and got access to a pc....LOTSA pics will be added to my journal...gonna try and get part two of the origin of my Sugar Cane, it is probably the longest so i may have to wait for a pc again....
GT

Definitely a rare gem that purple rhino is. I'm sure the plant will reveg without issue and the cross Urkles and a Purple Rhino cross will be amazing! Economy is not that great nowadays but with the looks of your nugs all dispensaries should have no problem buying them up. You could even sell Purple Rhino clones later on if you choose. You'll be the only one in the state with this gem. Harvest looks good as ever!

Thanks Twelve!

I still haven't had a chance to get a scope shot of one of those Urkle seeds that I assume were pollenated by the Rhino. If that male contains the same Purple traits that the female did, then it could make for a nice strain since the Urkle buds were just as big and fat as my BBK buds are!

I've got a couple more Mini BBKs to harvest today and post here and then all that is left will be the ton of Urkle still on the vine. A lot of it is unwinding which I am assuming means that those buds are full of seeds, so hopefully I end up with a good amount of them.

The seeds are jet black in color, but are the right size and weight, so I think they are viable? I will try to get a few photos of them posted later today.

I still need to look into supplying some of this to collectives. Would be nice to have a source to handle the overflow. ;)

awesome my friend...
lucked up and got access to a pc....LOTSA pics will be added to my journal...gonna try and get part two of the origin of my Sugar Cane, it is probably the longest so i may have to wait for a pc again....
GT

Hey GT! :)

Great news on the PC situation! Looking forward to seeing all those new photos of your operations! :thumb:

Keep us posted on your progress! :)

Thanks Twelve!

I still haven't had a chance to get a scope shot of one of those Urkle seeds that I assume were pollenated by the Rhino. If that male contains the same Purple traits that the female did, then it could make for a nice strain since the Urkle buds were just as big and fat as my BBK buds are!

I've got a couple more Mini BBKs to harvest today and post here and then all that is left will be the ton of Urkle still on the vine. A lot of it is unwinding which I am assuming means that those buds are full of seeds, so hopefully I end up with a good amount of them.

The seeds are jet black in color, but are the right size and weight, so I think they are viable? I will try to get a few photos of them posted later today.

I still need to look into supplying some of this to collectives. Would be nice to have a source to handle the overflow. ;)

I'm actually more of a "collector" than a "collective", BUT, if there's any way I can help with your overflow, please let me know! :)

Weekend Update III
Mini Urkle Harvest

Just a quick little update showing the yield from one of the smaller Urkle clones I grew in 2 gallon fiber pots over the last few months. They were all alloweed to flower naturally outside, so no 12/12 treatment indoors for these. In the end, these smaller plants actually made bigger, denser buds than their much larger parent plants!

However, now that we know that several of the larger plants got pollentated and this is resulting in the buds unwinding, it isn't a truly fair comparison.

The following plant was 19 " tall and contained four main buds. I only harvested those and left half the plant intact for later.

The toughest part of all this right now is drying space. I have to wait until one batch is ready for jarring before I can harvest another plant. Using some baking sheet pans with cooling rack inserts has definitely helped give us more drying capacity! A good alternative to hang drying if you have any around your kitchen! :)

p1012349.JPG
P10123522.JPG

p10123502.JPG

As soon as things warm up out back, I plan to take on some of my Mini BBK "Christmas Tree" plants! Perfect little cones of bud from top to bottom!

Stay tuned! :thanks::cheer:

Gorgeous plants as usual Goose! Love dat outdoor sensi.
::undressing buds wit eyes::

Thanks Man!

I'm working on harvesting my MINI BBKs right now and taking some additional outdoor shots. I also took a few shots of some of the Urkle buds that are full of seeds so folks can see what these look like compared to the usual seedless bud form.

This fourth weekend update it going to be BIG!

Stay tuned! :thumb:

Thank you very much for the recipe! It is grand to have all of the 420 members looking out for each other. I am really glad to be part of the community.

:thumb:

Ganja Who

Welcome to my Journal Ganja! :welcome:

Glad that you found the Clearex home recipe useful! I've been using my home made stuff for all my flowering plants over the last month and this stuff works just as well if not better than the commercial stuff! In fact, I am almost out of my first batch so it will soon be time to make up another! :)

man it seems like you're always harvesting some beautiful plant. i can't wait to see more of your harvest pics. how late into the year can you grow outside. in the midwest the days are already pretty short and cold :(

Hey Treezzz!

Well... We've been VERY lucky this year with the weather. Our normal October would be much like that last storm we had come through. Since that storm ended on the 6th, it has felt more like May than October up here, but with the one difference of lows after a 78 degree day dropping down into the mid to upper 30s!

I couldn't have asked for more perfect "Purple" weather for all my various Purps! I am pretty sure that the Purple Rhino came about as a result of this unusual temp swing for weeks and weeks in a row! :)

Weekend Update IV
The BIG One!

Harvest time is always hectic and this year has been no exception and THEN SOME! At this point, I will be SO GLAD when its over! ;)

Just like all of our food crops this year, the Cannabis production has been off the charts and truly borders on the unbelievable.

There is just so much of it to still deal with, it has been a bit overwhelming.

Anyway.... Here are the latest round of photos with captions where needed.

ENJOY! :yahoo: :Namaste:

On your marks...

P1012379.JPG

BBK Mini #6

P10123761.JPG
P1012393.JPG

P10123951.JPG
P1012394.JPG

BBK Mini #7

P1012396.JPG
p1012391.JPG
P1012397.JPG

P1012398.JPG

Purple Urkle Bud Filled with Seeds

p1012380.JPG
P1012382.JPG

Purple Northern Lights

Still planning to harvest the biggest colas. Could this be the same strain as the Purple Rhino? What are the odds that TWO non purple strains would both turn the same color? Only difference is that the fan leaves on the Rhino were MUCH larger than any of the fans I have ever seen on this NL plant.

Anyone have any theories?

p1012384.JPG

P1012387.JPG
P1012388.JPG
P1012386.JPG

Indoor Grow Update
Thought it was time to show you whats been going on under the T5s

I changed out three of the 6400k T5s in the main fixture and put 3000k bloom bulbs in there. We are still on a 18/6 veg cycle in here, but I find that plants do better over a long haul overwinter if they have a mix of the two temps.

GDPs Minus One

p1012403.JPG
p1012407.JPG

BBK Mother Moved Into Bathroom

P1012405.JPG

Purple Rhino in Place to Begin Her ReVeg (fingers crossed)

p1012406.JPG

Closet Grow Room Update

GDP #5 and Blue Cheese #2

P1012409.JPG
p1012410.JPG
P1012408.JPG

Blue Cheese #1 in ReVeg Position

p1012412.JPG

End to End shot of Grow Closet

p1012411.JPG

Blue Cheese #1 Dried Bud Weigh In!

Considering that I hadn't even planned to flower this plant for a second time, I was pretty impressed with how much bud this thing actually managed to pump out this summer.

P1012399.JPG
P1012400.JPG

I think that even though I have a healthy clone of this plant growing right next to this seed grown original, I just want to see how many seasons this incredible girl is good for! :cheer:

I hope you enjoyed this rather LARGE final weekend update! The conquest of the Urkle is next on the agenda, but we are going to take several days off before we attemp to deal with that "Jungle" :laughtwo:

See ya next time! :thanks::thanks::peace::Namaste:

Congrats on your harvests GG7! Would like to see the black seeds of yours. If you don't have a macro camera, the microscope will do. They should be good to use as long as it's not light green/cream color or popped when pinch with the fingers. I usually leave them out a few days to dry the outside a bit before storing. Storing fresh seed just harvest will have mold growing on them. Good luck with the dispensaries. It's a good source to get your meds out to many people in short amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom