GodSpeed's 2L Hempy SOG

GLR seriously is kicking my growth up like crazy! My Lemon Skunk clones(At the least clone off of #1) is having some crazy stretch issues because of it. I dunno but her genetics causes this rapid growth with major stretching. I think it might cause premature flower in her(But I think that part of it might might be because she has a slight hermie trait)

Glad to see your mother looking so great!

Last week I started getting a few difficulties with my leaves. There was a lot of deformed growth going on and some even looked munched on. I have taken a few drastic measures to get things back on track.

No Stone unturned

Phase 1
  • First i disposed of any clones in my aero and evacuated my mother and seedlings from there garden.
  • Put my mother in the bath and flushed her through with pure RO water, no need to PH as its out the tap at 6.0.
  • Sprayed here down with a few drops of washing up liquid in a litre of RO water. Then gave her a second spraying with a diluted pyrethrim solution.

Phase 2
  • Cleaned all my equipment with a bleach mix and replaced my equipment back in the grow room.
  • Set a timer to run an inlet and exhaust to the exterior of my property after 3 hours.
  • I unleashed a Raid Concentrated DEEP REACH Fogger and sealed my door off. Waited 4 hours and returned.

Phase 3
  • Washed my mother off with RO water leaving no chemicals on her.
  • I removed almost every deformed leaf on her and also all fans. Left her looking very scraggly and bear.
  • Placed her back in here garden and let her do her thing.

Its hard to see what was going on but it was progressing and wanted to get this controlled asap.

Here are some pictures of the progress she has been making.

Problems started. 19/11
IMG_08067.JPG

Drastic measures 22/11
IMG_08329.JPG

IMG_083610.JPG

IMG_083811.JPG

New growth 24/11
IMG_08488.JPG

IMG_085411.JPG

IMG_085111.JPG

As you can see 2 days after treating her she is back on track and growth is looking exceptional once again. There are still some effected spots but all new shoots are coming through just as hoped. Dam fans grow back SOOOOOO fast!

She is a fighter and i am more then happy to bring her to the world of 2 Litre madness!

Hi Godspeed's, looks like your girl is rebounding well!! You nuked her room to make sure any critters won't be munching :thumb: With the deformed leaves I've been wondering about that and typically like what was stated before it may lay in the root/res area including a proper ph for your lady. But it sounds like you have that under control but still have the problem. How healthy was the mother from which your mother originated from or did I forget and she was from seed? I see that you are very thorough and that is a plus from what I am learning from growing, so make sure you are getting a good rinsing after you bleach and h202 things. I think everything will be in order since your last emergency response to your girls needs, I'm rooting for you guys:cheer: :cheer: As I said I think you have her on track now. And nice RO unit. I have to do a lil reading on them so I'll have a good excuse(convince the wife) for needing one before the new year:icon_cool Recovery vibes sent your way:high-five:

Hi voltron nice to have you here bro

Thank you for your positive vibes they help alot!

My mother is from a seed genetics are nirvana. She has been very healthy up to this point I have been very lucky not to get any major issues. Her ph and ec are always very stable never get any fluctuations even with the water level of the res dropping.

Xlr8 gave some excellent advice and I always pay close attention when anyone on this forum shares there wisdom. The problem may of simply been a salt build up, things have taken along time so far and I realy want to get things moving to the next level. I tried to eliminate every possible issues to ensure things could be sorted and more cuttings could be taken.

I have a table with daily duties, weekly duties and 2 weekly duties. My 2 weekly duties are flush mother and change res that's why I ruled this out. As it is I couldn't be happier she seems the healthiest iv ever seen here and the operation will continue as planned.

I don't believe I had bugs but I wanted to be sure. I was alot through with my flush so I believe this was my main problem.

RO units are brilliant fresh clean water on tap. Mine is one for my grow but I hear it's great to drink! Good luck on convincing your wife and I hope to see you around here more!

Yo GS, just popping in for the first time.. You've got a sweet lineup with a sweet plan :thumb:

Looks like the mother is doing good, may have gone through a little shock from something, I've noticed growth like that on my plants but it hasn't shown up again. Well it looks great and so I'll be tagging along

sorry im late! lookin like trees buddy massive! :peace:

Hey jjames I try not to flush to frequently every 2 weeks doesnt give me to much work to do as i have alot of stuff going on. Thanks for the kind words brother.

Hey sisco I was hoping you would drop in :welcome:

Shes seems to be alot happiers since treating so fingers crossed. I have never seen the leaves do what they were doing before, i guess i should of tried treating one thing at a time to narrow down what the problem was but all is done now.

Thanks bro cant wait to start trying some diffrent strains :cheer:

Hey PoohBurrMedic :welcome: Things are only just getting started bro. Stick around.

I got one out there myself that's having issues. Leaves look twisted and rough. Looks like they need hand lotion on mine. It's a Sour Cream I'm having problems with. That's the down side to hydro, you got to be mother nature and feed just rite. It's a very unforgiving method of growing. I do also grow hydro grow every once in awhile. Myself I think I get better tastes and smells from dirt or soiless grows. But looks like you got yours taking care of. Hope shes does well for ya. She is a pretty looking little bush there God Speed. Keep em Green I'll cruise back thru soon

Onboard fairly early with this one, only 6 pages in! :cheer:

Gonna be launching my 2l continuous SOG here in another few weeks, glad to have somebody a month or two ahead of me to scout the way!

:thanks:

Hey what's up GodSpeed! glad to see your mother Issue has been resolved. I always worry about deformations and issues but it is something we face as growers. I love how even her canopy is. I am working on that with my new journal but I still have awhile left to even start cloning my girls.

Soon you will have your SOG running and all will be great!

Hi Godspeed -

Sure glad to hear about the good looking new growth. You asked about h2o2 - personally I have only used it once (on my DWC Chocolope) - I had some funky root issues that led me to adding a small amount of h2o2 to the reservoir for about 1-2 weeks (I first flushed with just pure water and h2o2, then added h2o2 with nutes twice over a 2 week period). It definitely helped, and I started to see nice bright white roots coming in and much healthier looking roots and perkier leaves. I considered it an emergency as I was out of DM Zone, couldn't find more and wanted something to work quick. I like h2o2 for cleaning/sterilizing, and emergencies, personally. But --- don't have a lot of experience using it beyond that one time either. I do know it can be hard on healthy tissue, too, if used too much or in too high of concentration.

For general root zone issues, I'm a big believer in Dutch Master "Zone", which helps prohibit fungus/mold/mildew/nasties in the root zone. It can be used as an ongoing additive with other nutrients (which I do) as well as slightly heavier dosing for "emergency" type treatment of the root zone. I can say from my own experience and talking to others that this product helps, too. I am currently testing a Blue Planet version of this which seems to work equally as well, but I don't believe he's selling this yet... "Zone" can't be used with organic nutrients as it will kill the beneficial organisms in them.

Looks like you are really on top of things. Kudos for a thoughtful, organized approach and I think the flush was a good idea. Hope things stay on track for you! :)

Norcaliwood Thanks for dropping in checked out your journal very impressive work! You troubled girl looks ver similar to mine, sucks to have a ladie get ill on ya! Yeah i am learning the hard way that hydroponics is not one to take for granted very difficult to the novice grower. Iv had a few other grows were i had small problems but none to the scale of how this lil ladies has turned out!

Peace and hope you drop by again some time.

Fncg Good to have you aboard ill be watching out for your grow mate.

That one guy hey bro hope your good,

Its hard times when things go bad but you gota pick yourself up shack it off and try again. Its the course of learning and trial and error these things happen. Tbh im not sure what happened all happened very fast and wish i could of learned from the issues i was having. Hope things are good in your neck of the jungle!

Yo Xlr8 Thanks for the advice earlier it was somthing i should have in basic practice a more thorough flash in now highlighted! :D

Thanks for the info on the H2O2 its hard to come by members like yourself always on hand to help and its always top notch advice tried and test from experience. Your a nice your X!

I have been looking into a few flushing solutions and read the one on your blog think i will be nocking some of this together so thanks for that (And Mr Blue planet!).

New growth seemed to be coming through very nice for a few days ph was stable same as EC and enviroment, then things started to get bad again growth was coming out deformed and very twisted. Had a friend come around that could take a close look and he said there wasnt much i could do and even if i did get here growing again it wasnt worth risking that much time and money on taking her into a sea of green. I asked him what was up with her and he said that hes only ever had one plant thats had the same problems and he killed her he thinks its a genetic fuck up....

I will update what will be happening, my new plan and how my grow has taken a turn but dont worrie flowering will still start in a few weeks. There will be 15 girls going under 12/12 so stay tuned...

:peace::love:

Ater having issues i decided to take all availible cuttings off my mother plant and get these rooted, i will give them a week in veg once rooted to check for deficiencys like the mother was having, if no signs of problems arise they will be taken to the flower room were they will spend the remainder of there life.

As it stands i have no mother i will be keeping 8 of the clones to bonsai, i have 2 new strains on the 4th set of spikeys and another 2 in germination, the bonsai clones will be grown in All Mix and will be eating Fish Mix, this will keep treating the root aera simple with a few nice cuts and repotting down the line, they will be grown in small square pots gradulay getting larger intill they are the ideal size for my area.I havnt decided how i want to grow the new strains yet, idealy a passive setup would be easiest for me and as i have a bit of experience running Ebb i think this will be my decision.

Strains in veg:

Northan lights ~ Nirvana
AK-48 ~ Nirvana

Strains rooting:

White rhino ~ Nirvana

Strians germinating:

The Purps ~ Bc Bud
OG Kush ~ Reserva Privada

The purps is a regular im hoping for a female, if she turns out to be a he i will kick start a bit of noobie breeding. Also i got a deal on some air pots so i will be running half of my SOG in 3L air pots hand fed, if things go well i will be ditching the 2Litre bottle and have a full straight to flower in them.

Oviously this wasnt my original plan but it looks like ill still get some girls in flower, if the bonsai's turn out white rhino will live on, there are alot of exciting strains to play with and im SUPER excited about the OG Kush, i read its a hard strain to grow i will go easy on nutes and pay close attention!

Anyone have eperience with this strain?

:peace::love:

Sounds like a plan. Hope you get a female on that regular seed. If a male come don't waste it, jump right into breeding. Even when the regular seed turn male you still have 2-3 months time to research more on breeding and how you can maximize the genetic.

Interesting to see how the 3L airpot SOG turns out. I don't have experience with any of the mentioned strains. Will look forward to yours as they grew.

Back
Top Bottom