GodSpeed's 2L Hempy SOG

I would say the aero has a hands down advantage to rockwool. Rockwool tends to bunch up the newly formed roots and slow the production. Aero has its advantages as well, being able to see roots takes the guesswork out of it and the Pond fogger trumps them all. That is my opinion.

As for the pistil issue. I also had a problem with one of my Lemon Skunk clones that went into premature flower. I think that was because the clone had pistil prior to rooting but anyways. I slightly modified the GLR to compensate for any issues to give myself a bit of room for error. What I did was add a half hour to my light cycle so now it runs 12.5hrs on two 5hrs and a 1.5 light break between the two dark periods. You are running 1 more hour but it compensates for it not being the bare minimum and still saves you money and promotes growth. I have been running my light like that since the other day when I had to top. I will let you know how things go.

Anyways that is just my two cents and I thought I'd share.:thumb:

Edit: I think if you run it too long she will be too far into flower and you will have to wait for reveg. That is just my thought though.

Hey GS Nice grow you have! I'll sub n watch if you dont mind another tag along:popcorn:

Normally I would say that those pistils are no big deal, that its just the plant expressing sexual maturity. I have never had a plant that DIDN'T throw off pistils long before flower, even under 24/0....However, this GLR you guys are testing may be contributing to it. Obviously, there may be some strains that take well to it, and others that dont....I definitely wouldn't worry too much about just one, or a pair of pistils at every node, it's normal for every strain I've grown so far, they're pre-flowers, no biggie. If you see them start to stack, though, ya might have an issue....

That one guy

Cheers bro i am going to give her another week see if any more develop. If i see a dramatic change i will give her 24 hours light then i will start to think about adjusting timer slightly to ensure she is kept in vegative state.

Think you are bang on with the rooting i have put a whole straight through the rock wool to see if the tap root shoots straight down looking for moisture never done this before, usaly it takes double the time as the areo so we will soon see.

Quixilvir

Hey Q thanks for droping by your more then welcome anytime, your input and anyone elses is highly value here!

From previous grows i have also seen pistils before being induced to flower and thought nothing of it i guess because i am running somthing unfamiliar i worrie a little bit. I am going to give GLR a good chance but like you said all strains are diffrent and some might not take as well.

I will be keeping a close eye :D

Thanks guys
:peace:

Eve's ale - Small update

:cheer:

Great new for my girls.... and my poor back!

Today my RO system arived.I was kinda shocked by the size of these things i wasnt expecting them to be so beefy even after seeing some pictures, its hard to get a perspective of the size if you have never seen one before.

Im sure you guys who has one of these will know what i mean or maybe iv had to many meds today :lot-o-toke:

Any ways im going to :reading420magazine: the instructions and have a good try at hooking it up.

Pic of the system + a 600w HPS for size refrence.
IMG_076410.JPG

Yay no more bottles of water :cheer:

haha nice! I am going to be install a RO system in my house in the next 3 weeks. I have a lot of weekend projects and a RO system is one. Hope everything goes well for you can't wait to see things come together.:thumb:

Like the veg setup. Looks like this single mom bare lots of children. How is your mother plant with her pistils? Are they keep shooting up forming bud sites? I have a few strains pre-flowering and they don't go more than that. I was worried too but now it's been 3 weeks and nothing more than a few pistils. GLR still kick bud.

Rising from a failure is better then failing to succeed

Over the past 2 weeks growth has been very fast, she recovers extremely well from any harsh treatment i give her and new growth apears very fast.

I have been having a few issues that has been puzzling me. The last week i have been getting very deformed growth from the centre of the canopy. At first i thought this could be my light being to close so i moved this up. Two days later the problem continued to get worse so i Re-evaluate the situation and come to the conclusion it was thripes attacking. I began to inspect but couldnt find ANY critters, poop or white powdering. Also no other plants are being effected...I decided it couldnt hurt to give them a treat just in case i was missing somthing.

So here is the growth patter over the last few weeks.

After taking cuttings. 12/11/
IMG_072312.JPG

New growth. 17/11
IMG_078410.JPG

IMG_07859.JPG

Problems arrive. 19/11
IMG_08067.JPG

21/11
IMG_081515.JPG

IMG_081713.JPG

Some leaves.
IMG_08187.JPG

IMG_082111.JPG

A bit of info to cover the basic grounds of the op.

Feeding @ 2.0EC with 3 Part GHE i switch earlier in the grow.
400w HPS with lots of venting
Set PH 5.8
Running GLR seen a few pistils but no more.
Flooding 3 times during lights on spread over equal intervals
Day temps are 25-26*c
Night can get as low as 19*c
Clean everything including res every week with bleach or H2O2.

Im a bit skeptic in thinking this is bugs but i might be incorrect. Although if its not bugs im all out of ideas.

Im holding on with all hope but if things get to bad i have other strains germinating so ill chop and start again.

Anyone is more then welcome to input there knowledge.

:peace::love:

Like the veg setup. Looks like this single mom bare lots of children. How is your mother plant with her pistils? Are they keep shooting up forming bud sites? I have a few strains pre-flowering and they don't go more than that. I was worried too but now it's been 3 weeks and nothing more than a few pistils. GLR still kick bud.

Hi Twelve -

Yeah she has got VERY bushy and is offering some many cuttings its unreal! Its been along time since iv seen the first pistil and im happy to say i havnt seen any more!

GLR Absolutly works and works very well!

Great to hear your plant stopped shooting pistils. Looks like another challenge arrised with the leafs. I have no idea what that is. My leaf issue usually is calmag, or overnute/undernute. Hope someone can help you out with that. Usually when I cant diagnose the problem and the plant is in bad shape, just take a few cuttings root it out and start over. That usually solved the problem due to new set of healthy roots. I did that recently to the Super Skunk and the clone (new mother plant) is now in optimal shape. Use that as last resorts, like reformating a computer heh. Good luck!~

Hi Twelve

Yes I have so much faith in GLR my veg room will never see 18 hours of light again. Even with the problems iv been having they have still been growing like mad!

I have never seen this before I wouldn't say it's genetic fuck up because it's only centre of canopy the main cola tops are fine... I thought about it being underfed but I don't think this is the results of that, some leaves are coming out with no spikes also.

This has happened prety fast and seems to be getting worse, Im not to bummed as i have plenty of time its horrible losing a girl but I want to go into this sea of green with a healthy garden.

:peace:

I also Readjusted back to standard GLR but I did have a reveg problem with one of my Lemon Skunk Clones but it has been in and out of flower since I cloned her. Anyways. I am glad to see things back to normal aside from the damaged growth. I wish I could help with that but I haven't seen something like that before. I will look around maybe I can help with it when I get some info.

Hi Godspeed -

Not sure on your deformed leaves, but I'd probably start with the rootzone. A good pure water flush is always a nice way to reset things in case you have a salt buildup or something... Hope you are well my friend! :)

Hi That one guy

I am very impressed with the GLR i wasnt to sure at first but it sure does work. I spoke to my local hydro guy was talking about GLR and he didnt even know what it was! I offen go in there and ask for somthing or some help with something i might be having troubles with and he just looks puzzled and shrugs his shoulders. NO idea atall!

Hi Xlr8

Thank you i am very well hope you are doing good :D

Yes this is a strange one i am going to start flushing tonight i have looked at the roots and they look brilliant white. My RO comes out just below PH 6.0 so i should be able to just run it through the system. I havnt been feeding here very high PPM and she does get a 2-3 weekly flush so i sort of though this wouldnt be a problem i cant think what else it could be.

Do you use H2O2 and if so do you run it through your system the intire grow. My last grow i did but i was told you should get res problems with RO water.

Hey Beans

Hahaha you clock that one then, it was somthing i had kicking around and it was between that or a bigger one. after doing test the trash can filled up much faster flooding my mother quicker and draining much faster allowing more air to the roots. It also nocked 10 minutes of my filling time using less elcetricity, i know it aint much but every little helps!

Once i gain a bit more experience i will be germinating some new strains hopfully not to long :D

gs...

glad to see you got the RO system... that will def help with the back, i feel ya as i have to drag 21+gal a week up the stairs after goin to get it from store/RO fill station. i have one on my list as well...

just realized i havent really checked out anyones journal that has been on mine helping me along:thanks: btw... not that i will be of any help...

plants are lookin great! im on GLR too and cant say enough good things about it, had a few pistils but thats all...

Hey JJames and welcome please get comfortable!

Not easy on the back getting all that water from A to B but what has to be done has to be done.

Taking me years to build up what i have, now i just have to learn how to use it :D ha ha I read so much i should be a professor by now!

GLR is very good i am so impressed i would recommend it to anyone.

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom