GoogleGenie's First Grow - LED Hydro - Northern Light Blue & Fruity Chronic Juice

Re: First Time Grow - Hydro - LED - Day 0-5 - Research & Germination

Evening people!

Here is an update on what's been going on lately. The plants have been on an increased nutrient solution for the past week, PH stable between 5.8-6.0. PPM is stable, floating between 450-550ppm for each. It raised from 450 to 550 at one point so i added plant ph'd water to the res.

I decided to go ahead and prune the leaves. I have done some extensive research and I've come to the conclusion that I'm only going to find out if I try it out, so screw it, I did! I've been gradually removing a few every day for the last few days. I also decided to screw some hooks into the top of my DWC buckets so I could tie the plants down to it. Here are some pics of the pruned, LST'd plants:

Note : Please excuse that annoying purple butterfly looking mark on all the photo's, the lens on my iPhone is damaged

Here are some pics of the plants last night after I pinned the leaves down and pruned, looking a bit naked but very bushy:

IMG_42603.JPG
IMG_42592.JPG
IMG_42582.JPG

And this is before I started messing with them today:

IMG_42614.JPG
IMG_42624.JPG

With the screen hooked up:

IMG_42652.JPG
IMG_42644.JPG
IMG_42636.JPG

Nice fat stems:

IMG_42694.JPG
IMG_42684.JPG

IMG_42703.JPG

All in all, they are looking pretty good and have responded well to both pruning and LST. The LST is doing a good job of gradually shaping the growth of the plant. And the pruning of the following has done a good job to focus the energy of the plant into the best areas:

- Large fan leaves blocking bug sites
- Wilted or dying fan leaves near the bottom of the plant
- 2 Shoots from the bottom of the plant that were probably exerting loads of energy from the plant, only to produce tiny buds at best (or so i read). They were really long but were still a long way from the light and had some sorry ass leaves hanging on to them.

I haven't done any more pruning today, I have however, pulled the branches a bit closer to the bucket to let the bush continue to thrive!

Here are some pics of after I messed with it today. We'll start with the roots that are still stained from the Hygrozyme incident (Do not use Hygrozyme, ever):

IMG_42723.JPG
IMG_42711.JPG
IMG_4279.JPG
IMG_42781.JPG
IMG_42801.JPG
IMG_42772.JPG
IMG_42812.JPG
IMG_42821.JPG

I had a little incident with the centre of the FCJ plant (Right) so I used some string to hold it together to allow me to continue my LST adventure!

IMG_42741.JPG

Crisis averted :)

So far so good I reckon, please feel free to tell me how you feel I could improve and get the best out of what I have :high-five:

The clones are looking good too. So far they are all alive but no roots visible through the rockwool yet. I did have a sneaky look inside the oldest one this morning though and she has rooted, WooHoo! :cheer: I haven't got a picture of them or you though unfortunately as they are chilling(or not) in their Dome!

I ordered some Rapid Rooters and they arrived today too so I'll be having a play with them too. I might move one of the clones to a RR and race it against the Rockwool....Watch this space

Do you guys know when I should start flowering?

Today is day 71 from the day it sprouted. I had a couple of problems early on which may have slowed their growth slightly.

Now that I know I have atleast 1 rooted clone, and assuming I get a couple more, I'm going to be looking to flower these 2 ladies soon.

I'm also going to invest in a separate grow tent before hand for veg. And I'll be getting a more powerful light for flowering. I just wondered how much time I have before I need to do this

Thanks guys :)

Evening folks

It's been nearly 2 weeks since my last update, so here it is:

The last time i posted was day 71 (from sprout), based on that, here is what happened (if anything), day by day

Day 73

I noticed some funky stuff going on with my leaves, but after a little research turns out it's a PH thing apparently. It hasn't happened on any new growth since. Here are the pics anyway if anyone can offer a more detailed explanation than "a ph thing" please do :)

IMG_4285.JPG
IMG_42862.JPG
IMG_42872.JPG
IMG_42891.JPG
IMG_42904.JPG
IMG_42911.JPG
IMG_42924.JPG
IMG_42931.JPG

Day 75

Turns out i'm pretty good at cloning. 8 out of 8 rooted. I think pre soaking the rockwool in PH adjusted water with mycorrhizae power is a good practise perhaps? Although the root r!ot cubes are awesome and will definitely be using them going forward!

IMG_43064.JPG
IMG_43073.JPG
IMG_43084.JPG
IMG_43093.JPG
IMG_43107.JPG
IMG_43112.JPG
IMG_43125.JPG

Day 82

I built myself an aeroponic system to water the clones because it was doing my head in hand watering them. If anyone wants me to explain how i did and and which pieces i used etc by all means ask, but there is loads out there on google.

IMG_43495.JPG
IMG_43484.JPG
IMG_43461.JPG
IMG_43452.JPG
IMG_43474.JPG
IMG_43431.JPG
IMG_43424.JPG
IMG_43414.JPG
IMG_43406.JPG

the biggest mistakes i've made so far imho is not letting my girls veg Long enough. I've harvested seven too many small plants. haha They do double in size depending on strain after the switch to flower but I'm Slowly learning to let them grow Big beforehand. In nature it has a whole entire 2,3,4 months to veg or so before late summer flowering comes on... up to you man but id rather accidentally raise a monster in your case than a medium! haha or perhaps im too fixated on an lb plant in my head...thatll drive a man NUTS! Either way those are some healthy plants . Killin it! Keep it up!

the biggest mistakes i've made so far imho is not letting my girls veg Long enough. I've harvested seven too many small plants. haha They do double in size depending on strain after the switch to flower but I'm Slowly learning to let them grow Big beforehand. In nature it has a whole entire 2,3,4 months to veg or so before late summer flowering comes on... up to you man but id rather accidentally raise a monster in your case than a medium! haha or perhaps im too fixated on an lb plant in my head...thatll drive a man NUTS! Either way those are some healthy plants . Killin it! Keep it up!

Thanks dude! I'll be veggin a little longer, I'm too eager and not thinking clearly haha! I'll give it another 2 weeks I reckon, that should do it.

I worked out that i have 143 holes in my scrog. And going by KJC's "flip at 60%" guideline, of those 143 holes, (14.3 * 6 = )86.4 of those would need to be occupied.

Currently there are around 60-65 holes that are covered in the scrog if you look from above. I hope the ladies can stretch out and cover those 21 holes soon. The would need to grow approx 3inches more on each side for this to happen. Exciting stuff!

Anyway, i'll post back with some more pics soon!

Just build my own RDWC Under Current system too so i'll post some pictures of that as well!

Subbed

Evening people!

I'll be posting some pics a bit later of botht he FCJ and NLB. All is well and they've been growing (or out growing) nicely under my current LED light.

I'm hoping to flip to flowering some time next week, and have been looking around for my next LED light. I have looked at absolutely loads of different suppliers and different lights over the past few weeks. Everything considered, price, watts and credibility.....TopLED came out on top! There were some other close contenders for me, mainly my current supplier and Budmaster (I definitely want to dry the Budmaster II at some point). But this time around, TopLED won me over. Their representative Sara also seems to be very helpful. In a thread i found (see below) some growers have actually had problems and she has sorted those problems out...that's credibility right there! Also BID say's they are good, so that's good enough in itself! :)

So, the 2 lights i have been looking at are:

For Flowering Tent : Mars II 1200w (with Red bias if there is the option)
For the Veg Tent : Mars II 1200w (standard) - There will be Auto's in this tent also

My current lights have 3w LED's, which are still very good, however I have been reading some of the more current information on 5w LED's and it appears growers are now able to prove their potential, with lights just like the Mars II, but hey, we shall see for ourselves :)

The only negatives appear to be that they do produce more heat, but this is still very little. The light penetration is supposed to be immense on them as well! I'm looking forward to trying them out! I'll be placing my order tomorrow and speaking to Sara myself. Here is the thread that helped me with my decision if anyone is interested:

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I'll post back soon with some of the pictures of the plants shortly...

:peace:

Crazy how 2 weeks have flown by since i last posted some pictures!

Here's a summary of events according to my hand journal! I am still using my smartphone to take the photos, but as soon as i get a better quality camera I'll be more diligent with my updates :)

So, according to my journal....not alot happened! The plants drank, and i fed them. The plants got bigger, I moved them around in the scrog, some leaves fell off so i cleaned them up....hhmmm....I'm sure more will come back to me as i post the pictures

Day 88

The clones....chillin'

IMG_4409.JPG

The ladies....also chillin'

IMG_4408.JPG

Day 91

Before i manoeuvre the leaves through the screen

IMG_4426.JPG
IMG_44251.JPG

Day 93

The new Autos, 3 x Jack 27, 1 x Think Different (For a different Journl)
IMG_44471.JPG

and....

IMG_44333.JPG
IMG_44362.JPG
IMG_44441.JPG
IMG_4446.JPG

Day 94

My current favourite...

IMG_44522.JPG
IMG_44493.JPG
IMG_44502.JPG

Day 95

I spot a 9 blade leaf! Wow!

IMG_44562.JPG

Day 96

IMG_44643.JPG
IMG_44683.JPG

Day 97

IMG_44722.JPG
IMG_44734.JPG
IMG_44743.JPG
IMG_44714.JPG
IMG_44694.JPG
IMG_44705.JPG

IMG_44907.JPG

IMG_44755.JPG
IMG_44773.JPG
IMG_44762.JPG

IMG_44896.JPG
IMG_44885.JPG
IMG_44875.JPG
IMG_44852.JPG
IMG_44865.JPG
IMG_44823.JPG
IMG_44833.JPG
IMG_44843.JPG

Today is day 99!! WOW!! I never though i would have the patiene to veg them this long. Here are some snaps from earlier

IMG_45022.JPG

I moved 3 of the clones into a miniature DWC (The original setup) made out of a celebrations box. Perfect size for littles ones. I also gave them a hair cut each, just to see what happens more than anything else!

IMG_45004.JPG
IMG_45011.JPG

And here are the ladies at DAY 99

IMG_44993.JPG
IMG_44962.JPG
IMG_44934.JPG

And here is a nice one of the ladies at DAY 91 (from sprout) without the purple LED tinge

photo_2_99.JPG

How long would you guys say these have been vegging?

How long would you take off for seedling, 1 month? 2 weeks? I'm deducting 28 days for the seedling phase to put me at day 71 of veg. Is that right?

What do you guys think, am I nearly ready for the flip. I think I'm about 55% full, what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom