Grand Daddy Purple - SCROG Secret Jardin DR60

From the 14th

20140214_123809.jpg
20140214_153033.jpg
20140214_153048.jpg
The male was put in the tent

I have some of the strangest looking clones with the weird training and topping I'm doing. It is my own little banzai garden. This is how I get to know the way they grow and respond to different things I do such as bending the plant in half like a horseshoe or cutting its head off or cutting it in half. I like the banzai look and want to keep my plants shorter this time. I am also trying to keep them shorter than usual until they can go into the flowering tent which won't be until the others are done, and they just started Week 4. By keeping them in smaller pots and topping the tallest growth off the plants,I have kept them at least half as tall as they could be. I am really having the hardest time with the GDP because it grows so much bushier than I'm used to. I am learning it requires much more trimming and topping and having less fear chopping off parts because it's a beast, and even if you cut it's head off or in half it just grows another head or two.

Nice LST you got there. I prefer to try to make them Y and then bend them clockwise till the pot is full. I may have to start trying your string-across-method on some of mine.

I watered today for Week 4 flower. Used 1 Gal of fertilizer divided by 3 plants. Then a half gallon of glacier water divided by 3. Total of about 1.5 gallons divided by 3. First I rake the dirt with a fork so it is all tilled for the first inch or so, that way the water doesn't go down the sides and out the bottom right away. Then I measure out 16 ounces in a measuring cup of the fertilizer water and then pour it slowly over the dirt. Then I refill the cup and do pour it over the dirt in the next pot Then onto the GDP plant. So it gives time for the water to saturate a little instead of it all pooling and draining out. So after that first round is over, repeat 1 more round the same. The third round the measuring cup is filled to 11 oz then 11 oz and 10 oz, and that is all of the 128 oz in a gallon. Since 1 cup=16oz x3 plants = 48oz x 2 rounds, = 96oz +round 3=11oz+11oz+10oz=. Each plant gets about 2 2/3 cups of fertilizer water and 1 1/3 cups of glacier water or so.

Last year I did the Y thing and it was awesome in a 3 Gallon square pot. I'm using round pots now and I am trying something new and different. I want to try to make it like you fill an ice cream cone soft serve ice cream swirl. Like a circular spring spiraling upwards. I'm thinking of doing another Y thing with one of the other clones now that you bring it up.

Nice LST you got there. I prefer to try to make them Y and then bend them clockwise till the pot is full. I may have to start trying your string-across-method on some of mine.

I just use black duct tape to keep the hemp string attached to the pot. I think last year I used the string from the scrog netting and pulled across a small section of the net. I remember a little now, once the plant grew a little, the netting was impossible to remove without cutting it or the plant. So I guess using single string is easier to remove and adjust then installing a small section of scrog netting. I have considered making mini scrog or something for the smaller plants, maybe circular or square. I need to make a real 2x2 Scrog net. Either wood or pvc frame, something that would last longer than bamboo. My current scrog net the gap is reach through and like 6 inch or something big. What would be good dimensions for a netting? 3inchx3inch square holes? It's for 2x2ft tent.

So it looks like the fungus gnats had babies, and alot of them got stuck to the yellow cards. They also get stuck to the rim of the party cups because I put glue on them. They like to land on the rim of the pots too, but I don't have glue there. I try to cover as much surface as possible with sticky stuff, and have been putting the mosquito bits into the dirt. I haven't used any diatomaceous earth yet because I'm trying to see how well the mosquito bits work. They don't do anything to adult fungus gnats though, just the larvae. And they just bred recently and the ones that survived are supposed to hatch again soon, and that's when I hope their babies are going to die and get sick or aborted and orphaned and starving to death. I sprayed some of the dirt with neem oil on the adults and killed a few but mostly they didn't care and appeared to keep flying around. I have not wanted to use anything more powerful. The stuff works on white flies. Annoyed with these lil buggers.

The GDP is smelling good and I'm becoming more impressed with the look of the strain, despite the extreme bushiness and my hideous training and topping, it has especially beautiful looking and smelling flowers, they look a little further ahead then the strawberry with more trichome covered leaves.

So I transplanted all 4 GDP clones that were started on 1-21-24. They are now in 32 oz plastic cups, an upgrade from the 18 oz party cups. So they were rooting for exactly 4 weeks. I kept them in rockwool 1.5 inch starter block surrounded by perlite in 18 oz cups as an experiment and it worked pretty decent since they all rooted.

20140219_215502.jpg
20140219_220457.jpg
20140219_215512.jpg
20140219_215550.jpg
20140219_215606.jpg
20140219_220344.jpg
20140219_220408.jpg
20140219_220416.jpg

Back
Top Bottom