Grandpa's Second Try - Come Join Us!

I am hoping and praying it will. I will do my level best to be sure it does. Like I said before, PW, I will probably be asking more detailed questions and posting more pics. I am also requesting that everyone please get as detailed as you can with any comments or opinions or suggestions, please.
We are seriously considering only doing one or two strains this time for Simplicity and efficiency.

I am hoping and praying it will. I will do my level best to be sure it does. Like I said before, PW, I will probably be asking more detailed questions and posting more pics. I am also requesting that everyone please get as detailed as you can with any comments or opinions or suggestions, please.
We are seriously considering only doing one or two strains this time for Simplicity and efficiency.

That might not be such a bad idea Grandpa, there is no doubt in my mind that different strains react differently to what you feed them and how close your lights are, dialing in on 1 strain at a time might be the way to go...at least for this next grow.;)

OT...as we were going over our choices, we came to the same conclusion. Instead of splitting our concentration and attention on different strains that grow differently, we decided to go with just one strain, but two plants.

That strain willbe be...*Drum Roll*...Blue Trickle.

OT...as we were going over our choices, we came to the same conclusion. Instead of splitting our concentration and attention on different strains that grow differently, we decided to go with just one strain, but two plants.

That strain willbe be...*Drum Roll*...Blue Trickle.

No doubt this is a good choice and keeping 2 happy, health and doing what they are supposed to do will be less stressful to both of you.
You have a plan laid out, sounds like everything you need will be here shortly, take your time putting it together...but don't take too long...

ALL OF US ARE SITTING ON PINS & NEEDLES!!!!:thedoubletake::smokin::drool::slide::party::yahoo:

OT...lol. trust me when I say your pins and needles are not nearly as numerous as ours. :thumb:
The good news is that everything came yesterday except the air pump. It somehow got lost by the USPS. I'm having them send a new one via expedited mail. That little piece of equipment will not be needed until first watering anyway. So, we will be setting up everything between today and tomorrow. Once it's ready to go, I will post a couple of pictures of the set-up itself

Time for the first stupid question of this journal... The fan is just that. A fan. We are having trouble getting it set in the tent. I must be missing something. We cannot get it properly placed into the sleeve on the 10th. Is there mounting hardware or something that I am missing? Or would a strong cord tied around it and attached to the frame of the 10th work? I detest doing anything Mickey Mouse but we are out of funds. Everything now has to be placed in a budget once again. If I can get away with attaching it with materials we have here, it won't have to wait.

Hey there E4G! You can cut the anticipation around here with a knife, it's awesome. I'll just be the awkwardly quiet guy in the back. I don't know if this helps anything but I didn't like the way the fan rested in my tent so I mounted it on the wall just outside of it. Rigid and out of the way with just a couple screws. Do you have any pics of what your dealing with?

0515171923a.jpg

BaB...this fan is for the exhaust out of the tent. I don't think mounting it like you described will work very well. To be effective, this inline fan will have to be mounted inside the sleeve of the tent. As soon as we have it set up, I will post a couple of pics.

All right everyone... We found a little surprise in the box of EJ nutes. They included a small bottle of a product called Mammoth P. I know it is phosphorus, but I am not clear on when or in what conditions to use it to help the girls. Any ideas or experience with it?

As for the fan\filter, well it's not pretty but in addition to the 2 basic straps an extra light hanger wrapped around the middle of the filter (which I don't like) got it where I needed it - on an odd angle that I needed that still allowed for 1-2" from the side wall so to not restrict airflow. Not pretty in this pic (taken before neatening things up) but it works for now. If you have a some bungee cords laying around those work good too I'm told, more then the better though if you have to support it in the middle.

What I did for the fan itself was 2 straps\lighthangers, wrapped though\under wall-mount brace(s) on the fan,
and ratcheted all the way up as far as they would go, it just barely worked, and the 6" housing just barely fit in
the vent hole, but it does sit in there nice and tight now.

/2cents

NH...welcome! Really glad to see you here for this grow. I was thinking of either using some large wire ties and attaching It To The Top support of the tent. It definitely won't look pretty but I think it will keep this 4-inch ban in place. The bungee cords sound like a good idea as well. Thanks for that great advice. Enjoy the Coke and cheesy poofs.

NH...welcome! Really glad to see you here for this grow. I was thinking of either using some large wire ties and attaching It To The Top support of the tent. It definitely won't look pretty but I think it will keep this 4-inch ban in place. The bungee cords sound like a good idea as well. Thanks for that great advice. Enjoy the Coke and cheesy poofs.

Thanks. Yup wireties will work just as well, maybe even better if you have the very long ones, I just try to avoid them with something I might end up changing around during a grow if can, but if I can't they get it done.

BaB...this fan is for the exhaust out of the tent. I don't think mounting it like you described will work very well. To be effective, this inline fan will have to be mounted inside the sleeve of the tent. As soon as we have it set up, I will post a couple of pics.

All right everyone... We found a little surprise in the box of EJ nutes. They included a small bottle of a product called Mammoth P. I know it is phosphorus, but I am not clear on when or in what conditions to use it to help the girls. Any ideas or experience with it?

Hey Grandpa, Mammoth P is made up of beneficial microbes that feed on dead and dying organic material in your soil. It will produce phosphorus as a by product. I use it in small amounts during the entire grow. My thinking is the cleaner the soil is the less chance of bugs you'll have. A lot of growers here are using it right now.

Okay... Here are a couple of pics of the tent. The inline fan will be exhausting out of the top right front corner. The other light will be mounted right beside the existing one when it comes.

Tent_14.jpg

Tent_23.jpg

The only thing I can see from your picture is make sure the extra cord from the ratchet straps are not laying on top of the light as they are now, we don't want any fires!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom