Greek Outdoor Grow - Femes & Auto Fems - 2014

Re: Greek outdoor grow - femes and auto fems - 2014

I have a small modified cabinet, I have mine in. So 2/3rd`s of her time is inside under CFL`s and I have her outside as much as possible. My one day off is Thursday so she does get 10 hours of sunlight then and the other six days she is outside for 6 - 7 hours. I go to work early in the AM so I turn her cabinets lights on at 3:00 AM and lights out is 9:30ish at night. So she is getting 18 hours of "mixed" light. I plan on this for 6 to 8 more weeks, or what she tells me. I am only doing one plant. Regardless of your location you can find higher wattage CFL bulbs, in the 60 to 120 watt range. Because of the lower heat they produce you can have a small tent or cabinet and get them close to them and not have to worry to much about heat build up. So when you do get rainy or very overcast days you can still get some activity in her leaves. Just something to "re-search".... I rent an apartment so what I can do is a lot less then what I want to do. But I have been planning my "EDEN" for some years......If you get pleasure from growing and the buds and yields are an after thought, that is what I concentrate on. Like the saying it is not the thrill of the kill but the pace of the chase. I catch a buzz watching her grow and smoking pot is just something to help relax ( I quit drinking in 2007) if that makes any sense...Peace.....

:420: :welcome: :thumb:

:goodjob: Pistols! *(hands Teddy a "its a girl" cigar)* Only thing I would suggest is finding a way to check your ph. All the nutes in the world wont matter if your ph is not at the right levels to allow your plants to use them. On the bright side it doesn't seem like your plants are minding the water so far. :high-five: Your definitely in good hands here, Lester is one of the best outdoor growers you will find.

Morning all. Thank you for the comments. Just popped the kids out on the terrace to catch the first sun of the day. No more lie-ins for me. Looks like it's going to be a hot one.

goofyfoot - thanks for the CFL hint. I'm such an idiot - I really didn't know you could use them. DOH. :goof:Have subbed to your journal and I see the set up. I'll look into it and see what I can find next time I'm in our nearest town (it's a way away).

Ah, the pleasure of growing...you're quite right. We're really lucky to have a big garden here and I've been starting from scratch, clearing the borders, building a raised bed for the veg, improving the soil, sowing a lawn, making my own compost. Inbetween the raindrops (great song) this week I've been building and planting a rock garden. And I love the planting, the growing, the problems...everyday I learn something. And the little 'uns are the cherry on the icing on the cake. As one of my favourites, William Blake, (who was not adverse to a drug or two himself) said "To see a World in a Grain of Sand / And a Heaven in a Wild Flower / Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand / And Eternity in an hour"

Doctor JadeLotus - how's it going? Looking good over on your journal. Another DOH. Of course rainwater. Is it guaranteed neutral ph? (Pollution here is most certainly not a problem).

Pitbull72 - cheers for the cigar. *Takes long puff - Looks smug and proud* Yes, I'm very very fortunate to have Relaxed keeping an eye on things. His work is extraordinary :adore:

Today I'll be germinating my last 6 auto seeds. (And giving a shower to the REAL Mr Teddy - see avatar). I've delayed because I wanted to see how the current 8 are doing and learn about the soil mix and just build a bit of confidence. But better get going now or I'll run out of summer for them.

Update with photos later this weekend. Thanks for all your help. Pip Pip and love to all...Mr Teddy

What's up Teddy... Happy you're gettin all the advice you need. These are done green thumb, green smokin dudes. :goodjob:

SOLSTICE UPDATE

"Six seeds and a large Greek coffee. My hand I think, Mr Bond."

mrbondDSC_0730.JPG

"Not so fast, Mr Teddy. I had the post office crush your package. That's why you've only got one of 3 Frisian Dew seeds growing. That damaged little parcel you got some weeks ago was your clue. And I think you'll find if you look closely at these seeds, you will be most fortunate to get 2 tap roots from them."

"Damn you, Bond. Damn you to Hell."

[Cut to Mr Teddy escaping in mini-sub / jet pack / battered old flatbed]

Hello all. Hope all is tickety-boo in your worlds. We've had a week of heavy showers and sunshine, so there's been a lot of lifting. After last Sunday's potting on of the 3 older ones (now 27 and 35 days) all seems well with them. (But what do I know?). By Wednesday everything was very light, so gave them the ol' gentle double-watering. (Using bottled water at 7.1ph to be safe). Here are all 8 as of yesterday morning:

DSC_07357.JPG

DSC_07368.JPG

DSC_07379.JPG

DSC_07384.JPG

Star Ryder at 27 days seems to be doing best of the 2 older autos, but for me the prettiest (must I choose between my children?) is the outdoor fem, Passion No.1 - narrower, more elegant leaves and a darker, richer green.

And here is everyone, enjoying the evening sunshine:

eveningsunDSC_0744.JPG

eveningsunDSC_0745.JPG

eveningsunDSC_0746.JPG

critterDSC_0742.JPG

starrydersolsticeDSC_0739.JPG

eveningsunDSC_0747.JPG

Only they're not allowed a fiercely cold beer.

Today, everyone's had another drink (they get light very quickly after 3 or 4 days). Just water of course for the tiny ones (now between 8 and 18 days) but I gave Passion No.1 , Star Ryder and AutoXtreme a very diluted 20/20/20 mix, as I did a week ago at re-potting which hasn't seemed to do them any harm. Lordy knows when my BioBizz will arrive. Could be tomorrow, could be a month. This is Greece.

Oh, and forget to mention that I've top-dressed the 3 in large pots with some of my own compost and perlite, given I've got no nutes yet. My own muck should at least have plenty of nitrogen.

Think that's it for now. Thank you for popping in. I really do appreciate your presence and your comments. Love to all, and may your God go with you...

Mr Teddy

Ladies looking good teddy...

Cheers, Tamir. As you know, I'm such a novice that I don't really know what they should look like at each stage. So all feedback is invaluable. I'm not in charge - as in the rest of my garden, the plants are. I just try and listen to them and do what they tell me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice job Mr. Teddy!

Ahoy Ahoy, JL. Hope the Stealth is going well. Thanks for popping in. As above - the plants are doing the work really. Bit nervous now about lack of extra nutes, but I'm trying to take what I now think of as The Lestered Attitude - as in "Just chill out and Lester" and "I feel so Lestered". :thanks:

Fantastic update! :cheer:

Thank you RL. That's something coming from you. *blushes modestly* Just winging it. (A strategy that's got me through for many years). LemToast - now those are updates, eh? That man has stories, and Lordy can he tell them. A natural writer too, like Harry Cruz. Love to Fang! :thanks:

UPDATE - MR TEDDY NEEDS YOU

Once upon a time. many years ago when the world made sense, there was an intelligent, humourous, English periodical called "Punch". Every month it would have a heavily subscribed readers' competition. In spring 1974 or 75 it asked its readers to invent the dullest possible newspaper headline. The winner was: THE POPE - STILL NO NEWS. Today, mine is: THE PLANTS - STILL NO NUTES. Lordy knows when they'll arrive. Friday is the earliest (if Apostolis the postman has petrol) but it could be anytime in the next month.

And this is pertinent because.....

We have yellowing leaves on the 3 eldest plants (4 and 5 weeks old today). Only on the first true leaves. Yes, friends, I've read every thread about yellowing leaves, (and my, there are quite a few), so this is hardly unique. Apart from that they look perfectly healthy, stretching up today into the 38 degree sunshine. Here are the smaller ones:

6DSC_0730.JPG

And generally the 3 larger ones (2 autos, 1 outdoor fem) look tickety-boo:

6DSC_0732.JPG
6DSC_0733.JPG
6DSC_0734.JPG

But on closer inspection...

6DSC_0737.JPG
6DSC_0736.JPG
6DSC_0735.JPG

Now my impression is that it's nitrogen deficiency. And Sticky says, even if it's 20/20/20 fertilizer (which is all I've got right now), add it because it's got nitrogen and will therefore fix the problem. But I thought I'd call on my band of merry men (and women - Hi Dr Jade!) before rushing over the Lemming precipice of over-doing things.

So should I:

a) Stop being a nervous newbie - it's natural.
b) Stop worrying - it's nitrogen deficiency but there's nothing you can do until some decent nutes arrive.
c) It's nitrogen deficiency - just give 'em a slightly less diluted watering with the 20/20/20 (and stop worrying)
d) GRAB YOUR DOG, YOUR CAT AND SHE-WHO-MUST-BE-OBEYED AND RUN FOR THE HILLS.

Thank you in advance for your help. May your hat always be on the side of your head and a rainbow over your shoulder. "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?". Mr Teddy.

If it's just the first true leaf like that, don't worry yet. When you notice it on the other fan leaves, then worry. I think you will be ok to wait for your nutrients to show up but if it continues to spread, I would go with half strength of you 20-20-20 nutes. Nicely done so far Mr Teddy, no reason to panic.

YES - the doctor's in the house! And like all the very best doctors, ultimately reassuring.
:circle-of-love::thanks:

I'm going with option A, the plant looks fine and will grow out of it. Remember it's almost impossible to have exactly 100% perfect specimens all the time. There is always going to be a small blemish here and there. Things are looking fantastic and happy! :cheer:

I'm going with option A, the plant looks fine and will grow out of it. Remember it's almost impossible to have exactly 100% perfect specimens all the time. There is always going to be a small blemish here and there. Things are looking fantastic and happy! :cheer:

Cheers, RL. I certainly know from the rest of my garden that NOTHING I have is 100% perfect! (And many a looong way from it :cheesygrinsmiley:) What a just plain GOOD community this is with folks like you and Dr Jade around to soothe the furrowed brow of a young, innocent 55 year old boy like me.
:green_heart:

Hey Mr. Teddy, i wouldn't worry as of yet. however if u don't have any nutes by Monday/Tuesday, I would start to prepare a low dose version of -20-20-20 to have on hand before the ladies Start to show signs of deficiency.

Hi Mr. Teddy. I agree with Jade and Lester all the way. They're looking fine.

Good morning, brightlight. Thanks so much for chipping in. :thumb: Really appreciated. (Searching for 'yellow leaves' is a bit like searching for 'slightly sore finger' on the web - you read everything and end up thinking you've got 4 hours to live :) )

Hey Mr. Teddy, i wouldn't worry as of yet. however if u don't have any nutes by Monday/Tuesday, I would start to prepare a low dose version of -20-20-20 to have on hand before the ladies Start to show signs of deficiency.

Hi Tamir. Hope your nerves have calmed down about harvest! Cheers to you too for the reassurance. That's official then - everyone agrees - I won't worry.
:thanks:

SOIL - A SIMPLE QUESTION

Today i was doing one of my favourite jobs - potting on plants and flowers around the garden. And my thoughts turned to that lovely stuff, soil. I love mixing it and making the Right Stuff for the right plant. But what's right for cannabis in veg growth? Yes of course if you look it up there are thousands of home-brew recipes. But either they use smart stuff that you advanced Americans can easily buy (bat guano. BAT GUANO? Who's job is it to collect that?), or ready-prepared commercial mixes (which we in less sophisticated countries can't access), or obscure ingredients like the droppings of the female grey leopard of which there are only three left in the world and Prince Charles owns two...etc etc.

So my simple question for a simple answer is this: How would the Royal Horticultural Society describe the best soil for cannabis in veg growth? This would give me something to aim for. For example, if there's a spectrum and roses are at one end - Fertile, well-drained soil with plenty of organic matter - then I know what I'm mixing for. In the middle, say foxgloves or cyclamen - Humus rich soil (which echoes their natural habitat). And at the other extreme, say, Cacti - Dry soil rich in sand or grit and excellent drainage.

I've never seen a simple answer when it comes to cannabis and here in Greece, where there are no off-the-shelf solutions, it would be most useful to consult my RHS Encyclopaedia of Plants and Flowers under 'C'. Funnily enough, it's not in there. But I know a better library of knowledge - you. Could you tell me? Simply? (I think you can).

Love to you all....Mr Teddy x

Back
Top Bottom