Green Knight Berry Bomb Experiment #2 - LED

Thank you all for the reps and nice comments, I really appreciate it.

Time for an update! It's been 7 days since the last one and quite a bit's happened. Today is now day 10 of 12/12, day 3 of flower; first flowers showed on Sunday. She's now on Flores nutes, EC 1.5 with Canna Boost.

The growth with this light is just silly. The screen is full and she's now just going up, I've got no holes left except a few round the very outer rows which I don't want to fill, just to keep a bit of airflow. Pretty crowded at the moment but once I get to the end of stretch I'll have a heavy defoliation and it will clear things out nicely. I'm going to have another big clear out under the screen in the next day or two.

The RH has been holding between 45% - 50%, that is until she showed flowers on Sunday. Then bang, 63% and staying there whilst lights are on. A defoliation will help but that's not for a few weeks. I don't think it will be a major problem as long as it doesn't get any higher and I can drop it with a defol in a few weeks as the buds get more developed, but I would like to lower it a bit if I could. Other than that little niggle all is sweet:

IMG_18507.JPG

IMG_18518.JPG

IMG_185210.JPG

IMG_185411.JPG

IMG_185714.JPG

Here's the stem hank, with a ruler for comparison. It's quite a bit bigger than it was a week ago:
IMG_185613.JPG

So, LED: 7 days from this:
IMG_18416.JPG

To this:
IMG_18518.JPG

CFL: 7 days from this:
IMG_142511.JPG

To this:
IMG_143112.JPG

Clones have rooted and are chilling downstairs:
IMG_184810.JPG

wow! shes a beauty bro, Im going to do an update tomorrow so you will see my berrybomb under led, your in for some donkeys! Your probably going to have to remove all of the smaller secondaries around canopy level pretty soon.I would just leave the thick main branches.With your rh in the 60's mold is definetly a possibility. Ideally you want your rh at 40% with led's. Your going to need alot of air movement in there, preferably under the screen if you can, hope this helps.+ reps:)

lookg great. 1.5 is a good ec to run. i adore your setup :love:

Thanks mate. Yeah, she's liking 1.5, it's staying relatively steady as the solution drops. Really pleased you like the setup, thanks for the comments - it's doing the job, just need to get the RH down now

wow! shes a beauty bro, Im going to do an update tomorrow so you will see my berrybomb under led, your in for some donkeys! Your probably going to have to remove all of the smaller secondaries around canopy level pretty soon.I would just leave the thick main branches.With your rh in the 60's mold is definetly a possibility. Ideally you want your rh at 40% with led's. Your going to need alot of air movement in there, preferably under the screen if you can, hope this helps.+ reps:)

Thanks Jon - your BB is looking amazing (as are all the others!); I caught up on your vids the other day. I'm getting so behind so it was good to catch up, things are looking very good mate.

Thanks for the great advice as always - I was planning on clearing out some more beneath the screen tomorrow or day after so I'll make sure I clear out some of the weaker secondaries. I've got a fan underneath the screen at the back, as well as one at the top of the cab pointing down, and the led has four fans and creates some air movement, so it's pretty breezy in there. I really don't want bud rot, I had it in my first ever grow and it was shit! My extractor is way bigger than the cupboard needs so should clear it more than enough. I might get a new carbon filter though: this one's a cheap one and 9m old or so and might be restricting the extraction if its clogged with dust etc., a new Rhino might help.
If not then I need to increase the number of passive intakes - the lightproof ones do limit air flow a bit so I could always add another one.

Cheers for the reps and the helpful advice mate!

Agreed!
chalking up some great results in the LED department mr. Knight!
Looks fantastic!
reps!
:thumb:

The growth is amazing. makes a strong case for LED with your comparison pics.

It's been a huge difference for essentially just 75w more. A much bigger initial cost admittedly, but I wouldn't go cfl again. It seems from Jon's grow hps may still have the edge on led though, but I couldn't manage the heat from an hps so for me this seems spot on at the moment

Agreed!
chalking up some great results in the LED department mr. Knight!
Looks fantastic!
reps!
:thumb:
Thanks for the reps Vick! Hopefully the end result will match the expectations this light's given me during it's early day's of use. Fingers crossed anyway, but I'm pretty sure it's going to crap on the last grow so I'll be happy!

Happy 4/20 mr. Knight!

good weed to you on this historic day.

:passitleft:

Hey everyone - hope you're all well - it's been mental busy and I've been away for a bit so I'm well behind on catching up with others' journals and updates of my own I'm sorry. Thanks for the 420 wishes... happy belated 420.

Holy crap. This isn't the same plant under this led!

I had a massive clear out underneath the screen just after my last update, removing all the rubbish secondaries and generally clearing space. RH dropped from the 60s and is now holding at around 53%. A smidge high but I'm much happier than when it was over 60%.

Here she is just after the clear out (Day 12 12/12, day 5 flower):
IMG_186314.JPG

IMG_186413.JPG

IMG_18609.JPG

I bugger off for a few days and she's just gone crazy. She's stretched loads, the stems are the diameter of pencils and the flowers are getting bigger. I hope she stops stretching soon as the height is getting a little tight. We're now day 19 12/12, day 11 flower:
IMG_19475.JPG

IMG_19483.JPG

IMG_19496.JPG

IMG_19518.JPG

IMG_19538.JPG

IMG_195510.JPG

She's going to be a beast at his rate - the tops are now over a foot above the screen, the stems are so fat and the flowers are really nice dense little clusters. There really is njo comparison with the led. If these buds fill out how they look they might and I don't get any issues she's going to yield a hell of a lot compared to previous grows under the cfl. She's still hoovering nutes.... happy days!!!

Mate, it's incredible. I honestly cannot believe this light, it's a completely different plant. I reckon I might defoliate in the next few days to slow the stretch; it'll be day 21 from 12/12 and they're already over a foot long. Height is getting a bit tight, I can raise the light a few more inches but she's gone up more than 6" in less than a week. I cannot wait for these to fill out!

Back
Top Bottom