Green Knight Berry Bomb Hydro CFL - Experiment #1: Supercropped Defoliated ScROG

Hey GK,
appreciate the reps buddy.
You got a photo update coming?
Imagine they've bounced back from their defol and are trucking along nicely by now.

Total garbage about the E-cigs.
We're having the hardest time finding ones locally that have nico tips.
Thanks to iSmokes for offering to do house to house nicotine trafficing.
I think we're going to exhaust all our searches locally before resorting to that, we still have a few places to try.
But I really appreciate the offer brother.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Vick. I'm gonna do a full update over the weekend. She really kicked into gear this week and had a proper shift in behaviour with pH rising rather than slowly dropping, and over a couple of days she's really shifted her efforts going into her flowers. It times perfectly with 6wks since 12/12 and the time Canna recommend to add the pk13/14 which I was planning to do this weekend. I'm really likening the canna feed schedule, it just seems to fit really nicely.

Sucks about the e-cigs. I still find it completely bonkers!

Day 34 12/12, day 23 flower. Tomorrow is the first day of week 6 and I've done the res change and added pk13/14. Over the last few days the buds have noticeably started the process of filling out and have got a lot more frosty. The pH is behaving differently too, staying a little higher so I think she's shifted her nute requirements so it feels the perfect time to add the pk (and rather nicely corresponds exactly with the Canna schedule. She'll only get the pK for week 6 and then will go back to normal nutes. Should then be 2-3 weeks from harvest so maybe another week or two of normal nutes and then flush.

Anyway, lots of photos. She's leafed up a lot since the defoliation. I'm probably going to start nipping a few off here and there over the next few days, just to expose buds that are getting shaded again.

IMG_15048.JPG

IMG_15057.JPG

IMG_15077.JPG

IMG_150813.JPG

IMG_15106.JPG

IMG_15118.JPG

IMG_15144.JPG

IMG_15158.JPG

IMG_15208.JPG

IMG_15248.JPG

IMG_152714.JPG

IMG_15318.JPG

Very nice mr Knight!
everything looks beautifully even.
You shouldn't have much work to do now.
Other than like you said, plucking a few leaves here and there that are shading.
They've really frosted up since last pics, wow..
:welldone:

A few more photos. The only major difference over the last few days is they're continuing to frost - the buds are starting to get really sticky and pretty coated in trichs and get noticeably frostier by the day which is good.

The pk13/14 has taken the EC up to 1.7 and over 24h this climbs to 1.8 so I'm just topping up the res daily. Trying to keep the pH up at 5.8 and above because this is the range P and K are best taken up at (well, K has quite a broad range, but P is best taken up at 5.8 to 6.1 according to the charts). I'm thinking I might as well make it as available as possible whilst it's there and needed!

I'm hoping over the next 3 weeks the buds will fill out quite a bit. So far I'm really happy with the quality but I'm less sure about what sort of quantity I'll get. We'll see, but whatever the final yield is I'm sure it's going to be nice smoke, but I need to hit at least 4oz or I'll be disappointed.

IMG_15459.JPG

IMG_15436.JPG

IMG_15469.JPG

IMG_1544_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_154210.JPG

IMG_153818.JPG

IMG_153713.JPG

Thanks Jon.

Cool, I'll try from the side. Yeah, it's the autofocus doing exactly as you describe. It takes ages to get any kind of reasonable focus on the plant, I need a proper lens I can adjust the focus on manually. Only problem is I'm not really a photographer and it might be a bit over the top to invest in a proper camera just to take a few photos of buds!

Nice - I saw your camera conversations, I'm looking forward to your photos when it arrives. Full on macros of these plants in flower are very under-valued by the world I feel.

Thanks spring, I hope so. They're looking 100% more tasty already than the auto bomb previously (which was very nice) so I reckon it'll be good. Just not sure what sort of quantity I'll get yet, but the quality will be nice I reckon

Ps. Thanks for the reps too btw, very grateful!

Very nice Knight!
quality over quantity any day of the week for me..
And it looks like you'll get just that!
:thumb:

Very nice Knight!
quality over quantity any day of the week for me..
And it looks like you'll get just that!
:thumb:

Thanks Vick. Totally agree with you about quality v quantity. Would love to get both though, I'm greedy!

Thanks for the reps iSmokes. She's starting to look and smell that way! She's properly sticky now (and gets more so by the day) which is causing me a few issues with cat hair. You can see some of it it in a couple of the photos, stuck to the buds (it's not spider mite webs!). My ginger cat's a nightmare for leaving fur all over me, I open the door of the cupboard and it gets sucked in and covers the buds. It's getting worse as they get stickier and I'm spending less time defoliating and more time picking bloody ginger cat hair off them!

Back
Top Bottom