Greffon's - Crop King Seeds - Auto Northern Lights Journal - 600W LED

what kind of training have you considered for your northern light autos?

I'm performing this type of LST along with some leaf tucking on my NL#1...

low-stress-training1.jpg

And just leaf tucking on NL#3. I hesitate to do anything more because it seems like a no no on autos. I am considering maybe doing a little lolly popping or maybe I should say defoliating after I'm a few weeks into flower. Will be researching more on that and seeing how my plants are doing before I actually decide to do that or not.

I'm performing this type of LST along with some leaf tucking on my NL#1...

low-stress-training1.jpg

And just leaf tucking on NL#3. I hesitate to do anything more because it seems like a no no on autos. I am considering maybe doing a little lolly popping or maybe I should say defoliating after I'm a few weeks into flower. Will be researching more on that and seeing how my plants are doing before I actually decide to do that or not.

I have been wanting to lollipop my girls too. I have read that with autos it really depends on the strain and I have unfortunately not found anyone specifically growing out an auto NL while performing any intensive training.

I may continue experimenting on one of my girls as the other is more so used as a control/comparison.

I have been wanting to lollipop my girls too. I have read that with autos it really depends on the strain and I have unfortunately not found anyone specifically growing out an auto NL while performing any intensive training.

I may continue experimenting on one of my girls as the other is more so used as a control/comparison.

Here's a NL Auto (Cropking) day 96 that's been "topped and fluxed to the max".

420 Magazine's Plant Of The Month - May 2016

Stinky Snid's Crop King Journal Contest - Northern Lights & White Widow
Amaaaaaazing stuff. I will have to give that a try sometime after I get the basics down. :drool:

Here's a NL Auto (Cropking) day 96 that's been "topped and fluxed to the max".

420 Magazine's Plant Of The Month - May 2016

Stinky Snid's Crop King Journal Contest - Northern Lights & White Widow
Amaaaaaazing stuff. I will have to give that a try sometime after I get the basics down. :drool:

well that changes everything! wow! thanks for sharing that. my next grow will be exactly that.

today i discovered bottom feeding. guy i bought coco from at local hydro shop told me about it. tried it, and it seemed to have worked in the short run. we will see what produces in the long run.

DAY 57 from seed in root pouch

did some LST on her today and have opened her up a lot in the middle. most definitely just got a couple of grams out of my plant doing so.

IMG_359313.JPG

DAY 57 from seed in smart pot

this plant is bushy as hell, i have trouble even getting the fan leaves out of the way. been wanting to do some trimming although not sure when in flowering i may do so.

IMG_359215.JPG
IMG_35919.JPG

here's a picture of a new project i may start in a seperate journal. 3 gallon airpot. germinating in rapidrooter.
the strings on the side are elastics i made to help LST my plants. will be documenting my experience with these as well.

IMG_358713.JPG

would love any questions, comments, or suggestions on what you guys think

In the first 3 weeks of flower is the stretching period for the plants. You do not want to defoliate during that time. The plants need to focus on growing during that time, not healing. After that, it's off with their fan leaves that are in the way, or just not needed.

is this applicable to autoflower? lots of debate on whether to defoliate or not. i will be honest, i did defoliate a tiny bit here and there.

is this applicable to autoflower? lots of debate on whether to defoliate or not. i will be honest, i did defoliate a tiny bit here and there.
I did defoliate the autos after 3 weeks. Only the big fan leaves though. I didn't want to take too much. They seem to be doing fine. These are our first autos, so it's trial and error learning. Lol

I've taken a few rough looking lower leaves off of mine too... in order to make watering easier. The way these girls seem to be growing, I highly doubt removing a few hurt leaves will make much difference either way.

How many days into flowering are they in these pics?

according to my calculations, which may not be accurate so please inform me as you see fit.

the pictures were of the plant being on flowering day 31 of 57 (harvest date july 20th - 90 days from seed). the harvest date is subject to change as we figure it out through its flowering.

how do you think they're doing for day 31?

Very nice

Very dark leaves is this normal for flowering?

Back
Top Bottom