Groovy Bud's Revenge Grow Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Blue Dream DWC

In your pic below I have outlined at what to remove. You want to bend it right over between the other two leaves. It will simply and easily snap right off. Thats it! All done. Super Super Super easy with little to no stress.

BD_1_top_r1.jpg

The Surgery has been sucessfully complete.

I topped BD#1, SLH #1 and SLH #2. Although the SLH #2's "heart" did not quite "snap" as easily as the others did (it wasn't as big as the other two). I had to go in again and take the other half out with some more strokes. Still, it didn't look as sharply removed as the others. I hope it doesn't go bad for this one. Still learning tho

BD #2 will wait for tomorrow to grow a bigger tip to pull it easier.

Posting results tomorrow.

I'm deeply thankful for such great help HunterNitro and LA.
:Namaste:

Today's results of yesterday's work.
This is where the noobs come to the surface. BD #1 was done perfectly in my opinnion. SLH #1 and SLH #2 seem to have grown some small tips close to the base of each one of the remaining top stems. I think that was what was left there after the topping. Is it going to be a problem? Or is it a benefit and I might just have a different version o FIM?

BD # 1 Today, after top. This one looks the cleanest!
BD_1_topped_r.jpg

SLH # 1 Today, 1 day after top. Note the tiny tips.
SLH_1_toped_r.jpg

SLH # 2 After top. Notice the tiny tips as well.
SLH_2_topped_r.jpg

Is this okay? Or do I need to pinch those off again?

Alright HunterNitro. I was thinking that the remaining steams right next to the topped area would be the ones resulting in the new tops. My bad. Experience makes a stronger knowledge, rather than books.

I have some stunned upward growth, but the pre-existing leaves keep growing bigger.

Summary of today's madness.

Today was the day I performed a total clean not just on the reservoirs, but on the room as well. I have found some dead insects that died since the room was firstly set (total of 6 aprox).
I proceded to vacuum and then sterelise all the room with a mix of Bleach and Alcohol dilluted in water and sprayed everywhere. It was left to breathe for 15 minutes and then I wiped it all with a clean cloth. The lids, reservoir's outsides and insides, water and air pumps were rubbed and sterelised.
I used 15L (4 gallons) of the previous mix, from each one reservoir, just to save me the huge expense and running out of Rhizotonic. I then added 30L (8 gallons) of fresh water to each reservoir = total of 45L (18 gallon aprox).
Next, it was time to blend in the nutrients. I only measured the extra nutes for the new added volume (30L) which took the following proportions: 6 ml GRO, 5 ml MICRO, 3ml BLOOM / 10 Liters (3gallons) (plus 50% dosage of Rhizotonic, which I'm almost ran out of)

Total E.C. On BOTH SLH and BD reservoirs: 0.83.

Topped BD #2 gently, and two "arteries" look like stems remained shooting upwards.
On the other side, I found another hole on a diferent gal's leaf. I don't know if this hapenned before or after the clean up, nor I know if it really is a bug or just one of the drips that hurts the leaves when it accidentaly comes off the hydroton.

BD #1 Over-view
BD_1_over_06_06.jpg

BD #1 Top. Afteral this one seems to be one I applied the most stress when topping. It should have remained some bit of growth to take it from that point instead.
BD_1_Top_06_06.jpg

BD #1 Leaf: the first hole, that dated yesterday. No bugs anywhere on top of bottom of leaves.
BD_1_leaf_prob.jpg

BD #2 Result of Topping. I hope you can see the 2 veins that remained. Is it supposed to look this way too?
BD_2_Top_06_06.jpg

SLH #1 Over-View
SLH_1_Over_06_06.jpg

SLH #1 Top. Looking great
SLH_1_top_06_06.jpg

SLH #2 Over-View.
SLH_2_Over_06_06.jpg

SLH #2 Leaf. The new hole from today and plus some either discoloration circle spots. They don't look light-green. Just on this one leaf. I suppose that I touched this leave with a cloth that had bleach on it.
SLH_2_Leaf_prob.jpg

SLH #2 Top.
SLH_2_top_06_06.jpg

The Cleaned Room. Let's hope it keeps shit awya this time.
Clean_Room_06_06.jpg

I'm trying to set the exhaustion fan since the temperatures are kinda high (27ºC/80F inside and 28º(82f) near canopy). RH is around 60%. Problem is that it doesn't have a power controller and its full power drains me all the room humidity. Bought a light intensity modelador, applied it on the power cord, it didn't work properly and I got shocked once. It was either no power, full power, or mid intensities and being shocked. Dammit, I either buy a light intensity regulator electric plug (goes into the plug and has a knob to regulate outputpower) and then plug the power cord right in there. There goes my budget again.

Anyways if I see any progression on pests or appearance of funghae, I'm putting the exhaust fan at 100% and don't bother with RH anylonger. Right now, I have opened the vents a bit more, I must hope bugs don't get in, it's Summer temperatures here already..

God dammit I got scared as hell today.

Noticed the leaves were turning slightly light green on the outter half of the leaves and more on the sides (not on the tip) and SLH #2 started also showing some random peripherical descoloration circles on her (never on the tip) . I suspected a Phosphorum defficiency since BLOOM was the nutrient that I added the least and I only did the math proportions for the 30 L of fresh added water. I proceded adding another 1,5 ml/10L to 2,0 ml/10L of Bloom. E.C. raised to 0.91 (along with the overall E.C. raise that always happens when new sollution is added and then takes time to stabilize). It doesn't look 100% like a phosphorus def but more like a mix of phosphorus and potassium def. BLOOM should so the trick.

When I was mixing the nutes I noticed what seemed to be slime on the roots. I instantly thought of root rot. Water temperatures have been cool, I just changed the nutrient solution yesterday and roots were crystal white by then... Root rot could not be so developed in just one day.

I concluded that it was the Rhizotonic grease that accumulated on the root mass. I splashed some of the water on the roots and it started coming off kind of easily. Almost all of the brown looking sludge dissapeared but some stayed there. So, I also added 75% of Cannazyme strength.

Total E.C. raised a bit off to 0.97 but since the nutrients that Cannazyme has are mostly phosphorus, it might even help me controlling the defficiency. Let's see how they handle it. Thing is that with the topping being done, I dont have many new leaves that could show me if the plant reacted accordingly.

Pictures:

Issue that is not so notorious on the BD's. No spots, just has this light discoloration

BD_1_issue.jpg

BD_2_def.jpg

SLH's are more affected
SLH_23.jpg

SLH_2_issue.jpg

Let's wait for tomorrow's results. Any inputs are very welcomed.

A warm good-bye from a very stressed and intrigued noob grower.

I just changed the nutrient solution yesterday and roots were crystal white by then... Root rot could not be so developed in just one day.

Root rot can happen in as little as 12 hours.... If your roots are slimy i doubt its from your Rhizotonic but without seeing it I cant say for sure...

I also highly doubt u have a phosphorus and potassium deficiency while in veg... especially if you are mixing your nutrients on the recommended schedule. I would make sure pH is correct and your pH pen has been calibrated properly and calibrated ever 4 weeks...

You are saying you PPM is 970?? Thats extremely high if thats the case... and even if its not made up of your actual nutrients its still to many parts in your water for your plant.

You don't have P-K deficiency. See the drooping. You're watering too much or your roots are in trouble. The deficiencies showing up might be from lockout too if your ph is schitzy.

Also remember to not to over compensate and try to control ever mm of their growth. Maintain good temps and good ph and then a few minor adjustments. I have knocked out root rot with just flushing rez out daily for a few days and running clonex as my nutes for 3 - 5 days and they bounce back majority of the time.

I know it was the rhizotonic because it came off really nicely just splashing the root with water taken from my hands.

Root rot is impossible because the roots were crystal white with the previous nute mix which had way more rhizotonic. The thing is that i had to rinse my reservoir because rhizotonic's "grease" was glued to the reservoirs wall instead of the roots. As I added it in, it must be very well mixed otherwise it clogts everywhere. It's most definitly a hard nutrient to manage in hydro, not so much on dirt I presume.

HunterNitro, my nutrient range is just a mere 400 ppm of nute strenght (0.85 E.C. with .5 conversion rate of my pen). The rest is rhizotonic and cannazyme now. I dont know where you are getting your numbers from but 0.97 EC isn't 970 ppm. 0.97 e.c. = 475 ppm (and I'm using 0.15 E.C./75 ppm tap water)

Yeah Cajun, things have been pretty challenging lately. I worry too much about every little aspect and messing things up here and there. I gotta learn to sit back and just let things take their natural flow.

I think the lock-out was caused by the "grease" that I just described, which was revolving the roots and incapacitated the absorbtion of some of the nutes. I added the Cannazyme which are enzimes responsible for degrading salt and other bio compounds from "fertilizers" that tend to form near roots and all around.
I'll be checking them again in a bit. If the roots become greasy again, I'm changing the reservoir's water and nutrients again, excluding Rhizotonic from the mix.

And by the way, that droopiness isn't real. I had been forcing the top stems down so I could take pictures from their tops (that had been recently topped). I only took the "room" picture after.

How could I be watering too much if their roots are already great and fully submerged? Top drips work every 4 hours just for recirculation and to prevent drying the root that is around the hydroton.

I didnt know u was using a .5 conversion thats where I got it from. I know a lot of people that use Rhizotonic in hydro with no problems. Root rot slime is easily washed off as well. The reason I still believe you are having root issues is the way your plants look and you are having deficiency problems..... I hope that it was just a build up on your roots as thats the least damaging solution. Keep an eye on it! And i hope we can get some good root photos of your plants!!!

Ok just went in again. It was better already and new growth is back to the old color. Still..

It most definitly is the Rhizotonic accumulation. The water has viscous swimming compounds similar to the ones that were "glued" to my reservoirs walls and pumps before the last cleaning session (yesterday). I observed that this time the "smily" compound was not glued to the reservoir's walls but was swimming freely on the water instead, eventually accumulating on the root mass.
For now I turned the air pumps off for some hours to try and let the greasy floaty things accumulate on the bottom instead.

Tomorrow I'll be changing the reservoir's content again, skipping rhizotonic and adding cannazyme instead.

Room humidity at 60%
Temps are a little high 28ºC (82F)
Reservoir's water is cold.

Alrighty, this whole horror movie was what I had predicted.

By shutting off the air pumps for 6 hours, the "greasy" things settled on the reservoirs bottom and along with cannazyme the submerged roots are becoming white again. New growth is coming back healthy.

Conclusion: Rhizotonic might have some bad interaction with GHE's nutes so that it creates this macroscopic compounds. If added while the air pumps are working it does not settle on the bottom and they swim around eventually clotting around roots. If you use it in the future, be sure that water and air pumps are off when you are mixing and if it clots, make sure it doesn't swim around the reservoir's water. If so, disable your air and water pumps and let it sink down.

PH is quite stable, only climbing from 5.4 to 6.0 each day. E.C. dropped 0.03 values but I think it is the gals compensating for nutrient privation that hapenned before. Nothing to worry about. They are perky and strong. Will update tomorrow.

I will change reservoir's water very earlier than it was supposed because I want Rhizotonic out of the mix once the roots get more developed. I believe the solluble portion of Rhizotonic does its wonders, not the other part that clots.

About the topping, seems that BD#1 is only forming 1 new stem... I'm not quite sure. Same seems to be hapenning to SLH #2 because I only see 1 new growth zone and when I compare to SLH #1 it has 2 new and well separated proto-stems coming. How could I fuck up the topping...?

Thanks for y'all's concern!

I'm glad you got it worked out. Lessons learned huh?
Sounds like you might've pinched off the new terminals. Can you get in there close for a pic?
If you did it's no biggie. Top the new one once it's about 2" long. Also, they'll spread growth hormones to the lower lateral branches still.

Quick recovery pictures. Seems like BD #2, SLH #1 and SLH #2 are showing succesful topping results. BD #1 is promising something but I don't know what yet.

Tomorrow I'll have time to take some close-up pictures.
Notice that the new growth has got back to the old healthy color.
Stopped air pumps for a few hours again to let some more precipitation occur so I can rest peacefully knowing I'm not in an hurry to change the water's reservoirs just yet(which takes time that I don't have right this momment).

As soon as I opened the tent door they were stunning and perky. I did some more root maintenance (splashing water on roots to help remove the last little bit of material which isn't much anymore). I only took the pictures afterward but I promise you they were looking less droopy than this:

recover_r.jpg

E.C. Raised to almost 1.00. There are no signs of burn, only the left-over color damage on older leaves.
pH is not fluctuating, it is stable between 5.5 and 5.9-6.00.

Dropped ice bottles to prevent water temperature climbing, as tonight is a hot night over here.

Back
Top Bottom