Groovy Bud's Revenge Grow Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Blue Dream DWC

Yes I'm planning on that. I'm just trying to get those damaged ones a bit bigger just till the end of this week. Secondary branching is still small on BD #1 and B#2. Focusing light more on them now.

As I changed the reservoirs nutes, I didn't go as high as 1.6 E.C. as it was before, because I know those 1.6. weren't 100% uptakable nutes, there were metabolite left-overs that raised the final E.C. value. So, I set it for 1.4-1.45 and will raise it until time for flip.

I'll be needing to flip in 1-2 days. SLH #1 is growing too big, while the others could use another full week or so.

I got a motherf.... flea like bug jumping around leaves. I can't pick him! I guess I'll have to spend some hours trying to catch the bastard!

:Namaste:

I'll be needing to flip in 1-2 days. SLH #1 is growing too big, while the others could use another full week or so.

I got a motherf.... flea like bug jumping around leaves. I can't pick him! I guess I'll have to spend some hours trying to catch the bastard!

You think they are growing fast now!!! HAHA wait until you flip those girls!!! They will EXPLODE. Cant wait to see the flip! The thing with plants that are smaller in the set is that they will never catch up... If one is vigorously growing then usually it always is. You could super crop like cajun said or just push the tops over and tie em down lol. I have never liked growing multiple plants in a bunch like that. Even two plant scrogs I didn't like to much. One plant per light for me now! Good luck! =)

Yep. The first few weeks are going to trip you out. Especially with Hazes.
Sativas like your Haze really want to stretch. The BDs have Haze in them, but the SLH is a boomer when ya flip.
I had mine tied down so much it was almost silly.

Yeah SLH surely is stretchy even still in vegging. I can't seem to hold her down for much longer...

The flip is due tomorrow. I'm going to head to the grow shop and buy some blooming nutrients. I'm doing my research on them today. Wondering about Liquid KoolBloom (hard to find in here, maybe will go for Hesi Bloom Boost, $$ is better), maybe some PK boost for middle flowering, and some sugars (bud candy, Carboload, or something).

What do you guys think of this?

I will change nutrients bring the E.C slightly back to 1.5 but using a higher P-K racio. I will do a transition phase, in which Grow and Micro will be decreased and Bloom will be enhanced. Further ahead, I will keep boosting Bloom, reaching for higher EC's. I just don't want them to get their food switched too fast.

I will apply 36 hours Dark Period (your input needed), will set the carbon filter and change nutrients as mentioned.

Now my eyes are cruising through the internet and journals to find out which bloom enchancers are viable and not a waste of $$. I feel so lost when researching on Advanced Nutrients as their line is too vast and too confusing (ie. there is Bud Ignitor, Bud Candy, Big Bud, Bud Blood, CarboLoad...). Hesi seems way more simple, but less advertised and less used overall (not enough feedback for me to work through). Liquid KoolBloom... I can't seem to find it anywhere at the moment. Bah

Why would you give them a 36 hour dark period and stress your girls out before the most important part of there lives? The dark period thing is so silly. I dont recommend it....

As far as nutrients go... They all do about the same thing. You will need to try different ones to see what you like. If available i recommend the flora line just because of price and ease of use. So simple and you can get all three nutrients each in one gallon containers for under $100 shipped. These things will last me a few years. The Liquid KoolBloom is a enhancer and bulking agent. Its not bloom nutrients that can be used by itself. Its just an additive. I used the Sweet line from botanicare for sugars and carbs and I didnt really notice a big of difference. I do believe in my Liquid KoolBloom though... Since I started using it my buds explode during flower. I dont know if I am learning more about what my plants need and thats the reason or if its truely the Liquid KoolBloom. Im not going to stop it though =)

I know the concept of bloom enhancers. I know they are not to be used by themselves only. I'll use an adapted GHE 3 part (Micro, Grow and Bloom) to fit the enhancers.

Thing is that with so many brands out there, most of them even have the same principles on it, and there must be something similar to KoolBloom that I can purchase nearby. I'm not comfortable shipping 100$ of bottles with liquid that will be easily stuck on airport customs. It seems that KoolBloom is only available in the US. Shipping costs will make it non-profitable.

The alternatives I'm finding for stimulators are: Big Bud (by Advanced Nutrients), Hesi Boost, BioBud (GHE), Atami's Bloombastic, Canna Boost Accelerator.

To use along with Big Bud, I've heard good things about Overide (our buddy Carestaker here uses that kombo). But still, he has access to KoolBloom as well.

Then I'm supposed to get a "PK 13/14 type" of nutrient in the middle of flowering right (30 days in)? Every brand has on of those. Seems like the PK boost pushes flowering power back on, just like at the start of flowering.

About sugars, I'm only familiar with CarboLoad (cheap ass sugars), Bud Candy both by Advanced Nutrients.

Advanced Nutrients tho... they are so expensive they drive me mad. It's just stupid that non-US GHE suppliers don't have Koolbloom...

Yeah the dark period doesn't seem very "natural" to me either. Since the whole purpose of having a tent is too simulate perfect natural conditions, stressing them with excess darkness might not do the trick.

Getting back on Blooming nutrition, the best kombo alternative I've found without the Koolbloom is:
Big Bud + OverDrive + 13/14 PK + Bud Candy

I've some discounts banked at my local grow shop, which will save me back 30 dollars on that purchase.

What do you guys think of this kombo, while working the GHE 3 part base nutes?

Hmmm I dont have any experience with any of those. I have heard of the big bud and bud candy though. Just try them out! Its not going to hurt anything. Just never go over the PPM limit for the stage you are in. You will be ok to grow with just the GHE 3 part combo if you wanted to. You dont even need the extras... They are just more products for more money. My first hydro grow I only used a 3 part nutrient and I dont think any product out there could have gave me more weight... Light is always the number 1 factor in what you will end up with... IMO. Good luck!

Heya folks. a tiny chime in to mention this about a dark period at the end of flowering,, i know nothing,,, but,, my white widow seed supplier actually recommends,, get this,, five days of darkness at the end. they say it very much improves the quality.

I am at this very moment going to try some. been drying five days after five days dark.

interesting is all,, cheers

FLOWAH TIME :slide:

Filter is set, light is set, nutrient solution is changed. Some pre-stretch LST is arranged.
Set 1.55 Nutrient solution with equal ratios of Gro, Micro, Bloom. Will boost bloom in tiny increments, as usual.

The carbon filter. Thanks to my cousin, we did this right! YAY :high-five:
Filter_Flora.jpg

The Room 1
Room_1_27_06_Flora.jpg

The Room 2
Room_27_06_flora.jpg

I don't yet know if the droopiness is heat related, or if it is due to me beeing LST'ing around and touching them with my belly ahah.
They were without light for a bit while making the room arrangements, let's see if they perk a bit more again.

I love this lighting mode. Sure seems like a totally new environment.

Now, let's wait a bit for them to understand it is time for flowering and then, by the beginning of week 2 I might add the bloom enchancer (Big Bud) to trigger hard flowering.

Thanks everyone that helped me getting here.

Yes CareStaker, I just switched to HPS now. Had to get lights slightly higher due to temperature. Will definitely need to get the oscillatory fan back up.

Trying to find my way in inside the tent during dark hours, so I can correct the pH. I got an almost ran out battery light, I would like to know if it would be okay using it to be able to see something while readjusting my pH. My sleep schedules are pretty much scrambled, and I need to get in there to adjust the pH during the dark hours.

Alright, you made the flip, let the fun begin!

As for entering the tent during dark hours, I've heard you can get a "green light" and safely use it in the flowering room. The light from the bulb won't (or will minimally) affect the plants. I'm not sure how true this is, but I'm not sure of any other way to safely use lighting during flowering. A little searching found this interesting thread:
Green Lights And How Lights Effect Your Plants!

Let us know what you do, as I've been curious!

Yes CareStaker, I just switched to HPS now. Had to get lights slightly higher due to temperature. Will definitely need to get the oscillatory fan back up.

Trying to find my way in inside the tent during dark hours, so I can correct the pH. I got an almost ran out battery light, I would like to know if it would be okay using it to be able to see something while readjusting my pH. My sleep schedules are pretty much scrambled, and I need to get in there to adjust the pH during the dark hours.

I wouldn't risk getting any light on them, after 12/12, unless it's green light. I got some green LED flashlights to work on a buddies grow, as his lights are on at weird hours, and they didn't effect the plants at all. Green light or no light. Flashlight was like 20$. I'm not sure I trust the non-LED green lights, but I haven't used them.

Yeah, I found stuff about it right before you gave me the heads up! Green Led Light it is. Found an "headtorch" one @ the store for 10 bucks. But... in the other hand, having only two chances a day to attend to them should suffice and at the same time it would prevent me from over-caring about it.

RH is 50-55% after I've put the oscilattory fan, and that is weird. I don't know if the termohigrometer is broken (it has fell a couple of time) or if I'm really having some over-humidity. If so, I'll need to open another vent, and push more rpms on that exhaustion fan (need to counterbalance negative pressure inside the tent).

Btw, there is no droopiness any longer.

I wouldnt risk going in the tent at lights out. I know times can get jumbled sometimes. There are not many "true" green lights out there that will not effect your girls. If you do use one make sure its the correct one but I wouldn't recommend it.

With that HPS i think you will see some changes pretty fast lol... Usually around 20 days i have full colas all ready. Just monitor your PPM and pH and keep those in check. You will see she will really start to eat as your PPM will go down daily. Your pH should start leveling out and you will not have to use pH down anymore since in flower.

Good luck! Cant wait to see them in two weeks.

Yeah I'm thinking of raising it up to 1.8-1.9 E.C. during this week, adding mainly Bloom and a bit of Micro. I'm gonna cut on that N additions for now. By the start of week 2 Big Bud it is. I also read that Overdrive is only supposed to be used at middle flowering, along with the PK 13/14.

Now about sugars, Advanced Nutrients tells me to use Bud Candy from the beginning of flowering. Do you guys think sugars are necessary so early on flowering?

Will update pictures today. There is a bit of a stretch, but not that much yet. Still adapting to new light schedules I presume.

Back
Top Bottom