Groovy Bud's Revenge Grow Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Blue Dream DWC

It is true that those 2 new main branches are getting thicker and looking more like "main stems"

Yep thats true! Your two new main branches will start to get bigger and bigger because those are your two new main stems now.

Hey dont worry we all had to learn how to do it and understand it as well.. =)

This type of topping you had to do on DB #2 is what most call "Topping" and its the most stressful and takes the most time to recover.

I like doing the "micro topping" as you say, and just push over the newest small growth. Doing that allows the plant to direct energy on the two newest nodes which are hardly even forming yet. This is the least stressful and easiest for me. Good luck! Your girls are really taking off now!

UPDATE 19/06

I kept forcing them outwards via LST so I can fill the room's area evenly, also setting up room for the upcoming side branches.
I've been able to tuck down fan leaves at mid and lower stem height levels, but the youngest top fans can't be tucked anywhere (I simply have nowhere to tuck them now, because of the spread).

In my opinion, I think I'll keep maintaining this structure and let them grow a bit upwards, while still guiding them lateraly, but not as much now. I don't want corner coalas which won't get as much light as if they were closer to the center.

Photos -----------------//

Overall room perspective
All_Overview_17_06.jpg

Overall canopy level. Here you may check the "real color" that is not altered by MH lighting.
All_canopy_level_17_06.jpg

BD's both of them. The one to the right was the damaged/smaller one.
BDs_17_061.jpg

SLH's. Sorry for the blurr.
SLHs_17_061.jpg

I'm feeling their love. It seems like I've some positive Karma coins banked and thriving.

:Namaste:

UPDATE 19/06

I kept forcing them outwards via LST so I can fill the room's area evenly, also setting up room for the upcoming side branches.
I've been able to tuck down fan leaves at mid and lower stem height levels, but the youngest top fans can't be tucked anywhere (I simply have nowhere to tuck them now, because of the spread).

In my opinion, I think I'll keep maintaining this structure and let them grow a bit upwards, while still guiding them lateraly, but not as much now. I don't want corner coalas which won't get as much light as if they were closer to the center.

Photos -----------------//

Overall room perspective
All_Overview_17_06.jpg

Overall canopy level. Here you may check the "real color" that is not altered by MH lighting.
All_canopy_level_17_06.jpg

BD's both of them. The one to the right was the damaged/smaller one.
BDs_17_061.jpg

SLH's. Sorry for the blurr.
SLHs_17_061.jpg

I'm feeling their love. It seems like I've some positive Karma coins banked and thriving.

Whoa. Very nice! Beautiful lil trees my friend.
You're cruising now.

I'm sure getting old tucking fan leaves. It takes a lot of time ahah :goof:
I've followed jojo's idea and tucked them the way he showed.

I've got what I think to be too many new shoots from each branch x) Thank God I didn't top again...thanks to you guys

I'm revealing them to the light and will try to fill the center area of each lady with them, once they grow. Those central areas are not very full due to the LST I did, pushing main branches to the outter area. But now, as each new "main branch" shoots their own secondary branches, I'll be pulling them to the center, to fill in the gaps.

Will update tommorow, upon new results from leaf tucking.

Ahah Karma's a bitch,

Today, my perfectly new and set up oscilattory fan fell from across the tent to fall right on top of BD #2 again!!! MWUAHAHAHAH I can only laugh at this, because almost no colateral damage hapened on the other ladies, still the fan fell from the oposite corner of the room.

Well, as the fan has a protection casing, it did not harm the BD #2 much, rather than just small bump, and they went bent for a bit. She has recovered in 3 hours and I'm fixing that fan tomorrow. It had bad weight distribution due to some personal adaptations so the fan's base could fit the tent.

Ahah BD #2 sure is a tough gal! She is doing her best to survive till the end.

I won't let this bring me down, and afterall she is coming back to a quick full recovery. It might even boost her as it kinda worked out as training technique :goof:

I'll update tomorrow, when things look a bit better.

Your plants are getting really big! You need to decide now when you want to flip to flower. The longer you veg the more side branching you are going to get!

As far as the leaf tucking... Its not necessary in your grow as you have HID setup. When using HID's the lights are strong enough to penetrate the canopy. Tucking fan leaves is just a waste of time until you get some colas and want to get light to them. Trying to tie back fan leaves would be a super hard task as the plant grows daily.... Good luck! Sorry about the fan. Secure that thing!

Again another issue,

Today, while changing reservoirs water, I tilted the reservoir a bit and forgot I had 2 LST strings holding pulling 2 coalas down into opposite direction. SLH #2 main stem split longitudinally into two perfect halves each of the same diameter. I immediately mended them together with cord, applying the maximum force so I could to get them back in place. It only split like 1-1,5 inches down the main stem. The whole plant turtled a bit in the first 5 minutes, but then (during the next hour) it stopped turtling, and the affected branches didn't fall as if they were dead.

I managed to "glue" them back in the original place, and now I'm hopeful that it will survive. I know that in a microscopic perspective, plants have longitudinal microtubules that flow sap in two directions, and this longitudinal split might be logically healed, since there are remaining tubules all around the affected area.

I really need to get some rest and think more ahead, to avoid further noob acts like this one.

I'm slightly depressed again, but I must remember that I'm still learning. I better do all my mistakes during this grow to prevent them on future ones.

Photo update tomorrow, as I'm ashamed of showing you these mistakes.

It doesn't sound like your week! You just have to realize with each mistake, you learn something new (hopefully), and you can only get better from it. We all make random grow mistakes (even the pros), but fortunately this plant is resilient and can handle a lot of torture!

Keep up the good work and let's see some pictures!

Don't sweat it, sounds like she's fine already :cheer:

Split-cropping...might catch on. :)

Lol. I love it. Groovy, you've pioneered a new training method. It's real easy to follow too!

Ok I went for some fresh air, smoke one in a good sight-seeing place and got my head back.

Jojo, thanks for the support. It feels great to know that I've got you guys! Let's keep this positive atitude, shall we?

CareStaker, indeed! It might even become a trend! Thumbs up for the laugh, that really got me smiling.

Cajun, well it feels nice to know that I still have a lot to learn and to experience. I just need to be more resillient to negative events, just like the ladies do!

Here are some photos. Notice that the right side of the room is considerably smaller and not as well developed. I've brought the light closer to the weaker ones in hopes they get better and catch up with the others. I've let some of the LST go on those 2 for now, just as they heal.

The Room
(BD #1 in the right downer corner, SLH #2 in the right upper corner).
Room_23_06.jpg

SLH #1 the strongest of them all now. She surpassed BD #1 as Super Lemon Haze is a more stretchy and more easily LST'ed strain.
SLH_1_23_06.jpg

SLH #2 The one that suffered damage. She is not quite as perky, due to the incident, but she is coming back up
SLH_2_after_acident.jpg

BD #1: This strain does not develop side branching as intensively as Superlemon Haze. It is also harder to LST and they are harder to spread wider.
BD_1_23_06.jpg

BD #2 The one on which the fan fell. Coming back to life. I've LST'ed the main stem back to its position so she doesn't keep getting even more overshaded by others.
BD_2_23_06.jpg

Back
Top Bottom