Grow #1 - 2014 - Featuring Critical & Fruit Spirit - Indoor - LED - High Brix

timothypaul26

:420:

Hello 420 mag members. :welcome:

I am about to start my 1st ever grow journal.

The grow - I will be starting with 2 mothers Critical, and Fruit Spirit that I am in the process of growing now. Once they are ready I will cut clones from them and start the actual grow, most likely a few weeks from now. Hope by mid April...

The Strains - from Royal Queen Seeds

Critical -

THC 16%
CBD Low
Yield Indoor 550-600gr m2
Yield Outdoor 600-650 grams per plant dried
Height Indoor 80 - 140 cm
Height Outdoor 180 - 220 cm
Flowering time 7 weeks
Harvest month Late September
Genetic background Afghani x Skunk
Type Sativa: 30% Indica: 70%
Effect Stoned, physically and mentally

Fruit Spirit -

THC 18%
CBD Low
Yield Indoor 375-425gr m2
Yield Outdoor 475-525 grams per plant dried
Height Indoor 80 - 120 cm
Height Outdoor 200 - 275 cm
Flowering time 8 weeks
Harvest month Early October
Genetic background Blueberry x White Widow
Type Sativa: 60% Indica: 40%
Effect High (sweet taste)

The Grow Room - This is a 16'x4' room, with a 4'x4' veg room at one end and a 4'x4' flower room at the opposite end. The center is where I'll be storing supplies and a small bench for cutting drying etc...

Grow Lights - I will be using the Intelligent-Gro LED, GRO-114 lights

The Grow Medium - Will be a highly nutrient mineralized soil starting with some Happy Frog, and Pro-Mix HP with mycos, and a bunch of added minerals.

Pots - I have purchased some 1 pint, 3 gallon, and 5 gallon air pots that I will be using for this grow. 5 gallon pots for the moms, and 3 gallon for the clones babies. I'm not sure if these will be large enough to get them through flower or not. I may have to get a couple more of the 5 gallon ones if they get too big.

Feeding - Will be using T&J teas and foliar sprays once per week.

The story - I have a blood disorder HLAB27 that has caused me to have arthritis in many of my joints. I went through all of the steps as advised by my Doctor to get my Michigan MMJ card. This will be a legal MMJ grow.

I like the idea of the high brix veggies and also medicine for all of the great benifits it will have. I am not going to get into great detail here as you can research this to get the specifics, but if you don't know about high brix, it's where the soil is alive with microbes that break down the minerals in the soil, that are then carried into the plants. This extra nutrients gives the plan more flavor, better color, higher yields, more nutritious for the consumer and also a greater chance to fight off insects and diseases for the plant. I am hoping that these added minerals in the medicine will help even more to alleviate my joint pain. To date I have been on muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatory and pain killers with the occasional steroid shot. My doctor wants to put me on some of those genetic drugs out there like Enbrel. Those drugs and the ones I'm on currently are horrible for you, and the Enbrel has some nasty side affects. I am a rather young man still, typing this at the age of 36. So I have a lot of energy and emotianal investment here in this grow.

I am hoping for the 420 family to guide me along on this journey and steer me in the right direction, as this is my first ever MMJ grow. Grab a bean bag and some of your favorite meds and we shall en dour this together.

:ganjamon:

Re: Grow #1 2014 - Featuring Critical and Fruit Spirit, Indoor, LED, High Brix

Here are a couple of pictures of the little baby mama's

This is the Critical Mama
IMG_078218.JPG

These are of the Fruit Spirit Mama
IMG_078122.JPG
IMG_078026.JPG

Right now the Critical mom is in FF Ocean forest. Unfortunately I did not read that this was too hot for seedlings to start in, and I think has stunted her growth. She is 2 1/2 weeks old. The fruit spirit I started in rockwool, and she is only 5 days old. I soaked the rockwool in general hydro nutes as they suggest on their starter box for seedlings. So I am off to get the soils for the brix mix so I can replant her this weekend. I know I need to cook that soil for a month, but I need to get her into something better since she is not growing very fast.

Hi timothypaul26.

I'd love to follow along with your grow. I do hope the strains and grow methods you've chosen will allow you to find relief from your symptoms. Heck, wouldn't it be neat if cannabis could actually cure your disease. I've been learning a little about consuming raw cannabis as a nutritional supplement and there are some startling and promising claims being made about the results.

Be well and happy growing.

Wow, I need to check into that. Sounds like more fun :)

Welcome and I hope to see some good results

re: Grow#1 - 2014 - Featuring Critical & Fruit Spirit - Indoor - LED - High Brix

I replanted the Fruit Spirit baby today in a mix close to what I set out to get with the high brix, although I am missing the minerals and the happy frog. The store I go to was out of happy frog and I had to order the gypsum. I hope to have them all by Tuesday so that I can finish mixing the soil and get it cooking. I will post pictures tomorrow of the FS baby if she makes the transition (fingers crossed)

Soil Mix -

Pro-Mix HP with Mycos and the Biofungicide - 3: 5gal buckets
Happy Frog - 1: 5gal bucket
Ocean Forest - 1:gal

Soil Amendments -

Pulverized Lime Stone - 6 cups
Rock Sulfate - 5 cups
Gypsym - 3 cups
Bone Meal - 1 cup
Fish Bone Meal - 1/2 cup
Blood Meal - 1/2 cup
Alfalfa Meal - 1 cup
Oyster Shell (crushed, powder) - 1 cup
Azomite - 1 cup
Earth Worm Castings - ~6.7 lbs or 1/3 of a 20lb bag
Excelerite - 1 cup
Perlite - 9Qt bag

3 gal of compost tea to activate, and will be cooked for ~a month

In all the mix should be ~2.8 cubic feet

The foliar spray I will be using is Bill's Perfect Fertilizer and Spray-N-Grow mix

re: Grow#1 - 2014 - Featuring Critical & Fruit Spirit - Indoor - LED - High Brix

Here are the newest pics of the Critical and Fruit Spirit moms.

Critical mom 3rd week

Fruit Spirit mom 2nd week

Comparison of the 2 moms, the FS mom started to stretch a bit in the clone dome
IMG_0791_1_1.JPG

Fruit Spirit mom
IMG_0790_1_1.JPG

Critical mom
IMG_0786_1_1.JPG

Soil Amendments -

Pulverized Lime Stone - 6 cups
Rock Sulfate - 5 cups
Gypsym - 3 cups
Excelerite - 1 cup

I mixed these together in a container rather than put the complete mix into the soil. Of that mix I will use 2 cups of the combined ingredients.

Last weekend i repotted the moms, and they seem to be loving their new homes. They are in 5 gal fabric bags. This weekend i plan to take the clones that will be the subjects for the grow. I have taken some pics, and will add them later as this site and my phone dont get along.

Here are the latest pictures of the moms

Critical Mom under grow light
IMG_0824_1_.JPG

Fruit Spirit Mom under grow light
IMG_0823_1_.JPG

Fruit Spirit Mom in normal light
IMG_0822_1_.JPG

Critical Mom in normal light
IMG_0821_1_.JPG

I plan to do some pruning today, so that the inner nodes get more light. I want the potential clone areas to get more light, they are getting a lot of shade right now. I think I'll the majority of the upper fan leaves, this should allow a bunch more light to get to the desired areas.

I removed most of the upper fan leaves and anything that was shading the inner nodes. They look naked... A few hours after I did the pruning I had a thought that I should have checked the brix level. So I grabbed a clamp and a few leaves and found that I am around 8 brix. I am pretty happy with it being at that level for my first grow. I'll try for higher numbers, but they could be slightly higher than what was read, due to them sitting in the trash can for ~3 hour.

Subbed:passitleft::popcorn::peace:

The clones have been in soil for 9 days, I will transplant probably Wednesday into 1 gallon phat sacks. I'll snaps some pics at that point. And that will start the grow :high-five:

I got bad news last night; I was getting a little yellowing on my leaves, and it was about time to replant anyway. So I went to pop the plants out of the cube and the plant fell out, no roots on any of them. Not sure how they survived that long with no roots... It looked as if the stem was getting pretty brown, maybe my soil was too wet? So i recut the stems and reapplied clonex and put them into grodan cubes this time. Hope they pull out of it. But this sets me back a few weeks on my grow...

Update on the progress of my Critical and Fruit Spirit babbies. I had a few issues getting these lil girls to root. But after almost 2 months these latest ones finally took root. They have been rooting for 3 weeks now, still not happy with the rate at which they have progressed. I will be trying dip n' grow next, I have it on good authority that this stuff is great.

20140515_174339.jpg

20140515_174235.jpg

20140515_174052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom