Grow #1 - 2014 - Featuring Critical & Fruit Spirit - Indoor - LED - High Brix

re: Grow#1 - 2014 - Featuring Critical & Fruit Spirit - Indoor - LED - High Brix

Hey Timothy Paul!!! Man, I've been gone for a little while and come back and boom!!! your plants have exploded! It was a good move I think putting those 2 extra LED's in your flowering chamber as it looks like they are really fattening up!!! Very nice job and such a clean grow area you have going on!!! This looks like its going to be a great harvest coming up :)

re: Grow#1 - 2014 - Featuring Critical & Fruit Spirit - Indoor - LED - High Brix

Thanks ice, i sure hope so. Dave is supposed to be sending me the gen 2 replacements soon too, that may also help

So nice!:slide:
There's no doubt that high-quality LEDs really are the new technology. To bad cheaper ones don't get that spectrum nor light penetration as yours! I can clearly see that even the bottom branches are getting enough light!
As soon as I get some $$$ from the incoming MH/HPS journey, I'll be investing in a decent LED and start contributing for science.

I wish you the best of luck, and will be watching your grow!

If you have the time, please stop by my journal to give your 2 cents, to get my boat running.

Thanks for the kind words, and welcome Groovy Bud. These are my first lights, and i cant say anything bad about them, I'm glad i went with led. The savings in electricity alone were the deciding factor for me, and these seem to be very good, and from what ive heard the gen 2s are even better. I can wait to see them in action.

Ok I got my microscope in the mail, and decided to do a bit of playing around. I think I may have waited too long to start flushing, I think there are already some amber trichomes here. Anyone have any input that may help me here. I did my first water flush today and was going to wait for it to dry out and flush again, but will this go too far if I do that?

Royal Cheese Trichomes Day, 41 of flower
PICT000462.JPG
PICT000558.JPG

Here are a few closeups of the buds

Royal Cheese bud closeups
20140828_193759.jpg
20140828_193746.jpg
20140828_193734.jpg

Wow that Royal Cheese is a fast girl!

Yeah she took me by surprise that's for sure.

Last night she came down, I'm not sure if I got that great of a yield or not, but I do have a few really nice sized nugs. I'll post final weight after she is done drying. Thanks for your help Ice, and toker

Also, since my mother tent is still crazy packed, I decided to take the Pineapple Kush outside, should be ready toward the mid-end of October. She is so thin and gangly, I had to do something. I might even take the Blue Cheese out there. Hopefully the frost holds out. Fingers crossed.

I have an update today. I decided to move my Pineapple Kush and Blue Cheese outside since my mother tent is still so packed. They were looking pretty stretched out, so I figured what the heck, try to get a little something from them. The day after I placed them outside, I got a nasty storm, and it broke a top off of the Pineapple Kush, then snapped a limb on the Blue Cheese. I took the PK limbs and threw them into my aero cloner, and taped the limb on the BC. It's been 2 full days and so far they are all doing well.

And the indoor girls are doing very well, I have cut back on the watering quite a bit, and not feeding every watering anymore. I am now feeding every 3rd watering, and watering every other day, with 1/3 gallon of bubbled tap water, ph'd to ~6. The plants seem to really like this adjustment, and not as many bent tips any more. Plus they seem to be filling out nicely. I was feeding 1 gallon of tea and on the growology girls I was also giving them full strength step 2 and now step 3 every watering, with bubbled non ph'd water.

Blue Cheese and Pineapple Kush
20140903_171909.jpg

BC Taped Limb
20140903_171916.jpg

Fruit Spirit and Critical
20140903_172249.jpg

FS
20140903_172304.jpg

Critical
20140903_172305.jpg

Final weight of the Royal Cheese after 6 full days of drying, 79g. Haven't tried any yet, but the buds are very sticky, and has a slight fuel smell mixed with grapefruit.

Well done man :) congrats on getting the meds :) you should end up with a fair stash there.

Thanks! Yeah I'm hoping that the girls indoor produce well. The royal cheese has a lot of sativa in it, so I'm not sure if that's going to work all for me or not. Ill give it a while to cure and test it out.

I have a bit of an update on the girls today, I was able to grab a couple of pics of the outdoor girls between raindrops. Having some pretty nasty storms today. The outdoor girls are on day 12 of being outside, so I'm calling that start of flower.

The indoor girls are on day 33 of 12/12, and last friday I received my replacement Gen2 Intelligent Gro LED's in the mail. I didn't have any issues with my Gen 1's but Dave is replacing them all with Gen 2's, so why not?!?

I have been giving them all a foliar spray of Bloom Khaos and diluted T&J tea. The indoor girls are really liking that, and starting to really take a "shine" to it, they are getting very frosty too.

Outdoor Girls
20140910_170929.jpg

Indoor Girls
20140910_171119.jpg

Fruit Spirit
20140910_171129.jpg

Critical
20140910_171136.jpg

That's great that danky came through for you like that. I hope he comes through for me with the new ones. I also brought the gen1 4x114's, only had one run with them, now there packed waiting to go again in Afew months. I didn't have a problem with them either, but the gen2 seem to have any issues resolved. Hate to have them go on me in the middle of a grow, makes me worried about using them again, not as a hazard, just not having lights to use.

I had to contact him, since they were ordered before the website was up. He didn't have the info. You may want to contact him.

Welcome geturgrownon, pull up a beanbag. Thanks for stopping by.

Finally have an update for you guys. I've been sick and just now getting caught up.

The indoor girls are 44 days into 12/12, the Fruit Spirit girls seem to be farther along than the Critical girls. I decided to look at the trichomes, and I see a couple of burnt ones from the foliar spray, but most are looking milky.

The outdoor girls are coming along, have some small flowers on them. It was too nasty rainy out, so no pics off them today.

Indoor Girls
20140921_181259.jpg

Fruit Spirit
20140921_181308.jpg

PICT000158.JPG
PICT000269.JPG

Critical
20140921_181320.jpg

Back
Top Bottom