BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madness!

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madnes

OMG, do we have a group of actual audiophiles here? I used to have a real bad addiction. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hate compression the most - good music has true silence behind it. You can't hear crap from modern production, and then you make mp3s? - might as well be listening to radio.

The problem I find is that with the ever increasing mastering volume there is so much less dynamic range in the finished product. When FNMs Angel Dust came out when I first put that on at the standard volume for listening to slayer I thought my speaker cones were gonna pop, and that really set the benchmark for recording volume.

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madnes

Thought I would pop in and say hello guys

The problem I find is that with the ever increasing mastering volume there is so much less dynamic range in the finished product. When FNMs Angel Dust came out when I first put that on at the standard volume for listening to slayer I thought my speaker cones were gonna pop, and that really set the benchmark for recording volume.

yeah its kinnda a pain but the eq stabilizes and has a decibel memory function so it will raise or lower overall volume and eq to anything i hit the memory function on so it can make "show no mercy" sound like the "black" album within reason of course, the worst thing tho is mp3 degradation dont know if most ppl know they are like tape the more you play them the the crappier they sound i did a side by side one time of the original mp3 of a few i keep on my portable with the one on my hard drive and you can hear the loss of fidelity on the ones played 100 times, i put all my personal music in a lossless format for long term storage, and playing off cd stops the loss too but nobody carries a discman anymore lol

yeah its kinnda a pain but the eq stabilizes and has a decibel memory function so it will raise or lower overall volume and eq to anything i hit the memory function on so it can make "show no mercy" sound like the "black" album within reason of course, the worst thing tho is mp3 degradation dont know if most ppl know they are like tape the more you play them the the crappier they sound i did a side by side one time of the original mp3 of a few i keep on my portable with the one on my hard drive and you can hear the loss of fidelity on the ones played 100 times, i put all my personal music in a lossless format for long term storage, and playing off cd stops the loss too but nobody carries a discman anymore lol

Yeah mp3 is so crap even when done at it's highest bitrates, and then people encode everything at one of the lowest settings without fail. I play drums, and cymbals in mp3s just sound wrong with some sort of stupid doppler effect as it loses information because of the limits of it's encoding. I have lots of crap on mp3 of course, but since I only listen to them in the car while driving so there is all kinds of other noises masking the arse.

Is it flac you're using for lossless storage? I've been using that a lot, and it also works with 5.1 mixes, which are awesome if they are done well. But even CD is crap, I don't know why they didn't take the leap into dvd audio, it has the space to store non compressed tracks.

Hey BID Happy Tokerday :thumb:

I mighta said that in your other journal but im in a tired stupor right now lol

I is there Happy Munchday BID :thumb:

ok im gonna call it quits on this journal, i will do a review an some last pics of the pineapple skunk, the tent was just to cold the plants have not needs water or grown a cm in a month then the fan fell on the og kush and smaller pineapple kush im gonna try to reveg it, they never even started flowering, reboot time,, i know this topled mars2 80x5 can do better and i do love it its the best little light i have right now, but other growers are showing how good it works (icemud for 1) im just wasting time and cs and power on stalled clones,, be back soon to close officially :high-five:

ok im gonna call it quits on this journal, i will do a review an some last pics of the pineapple skunk, the tent was just to cold the plants have not needs water or grown a cm in a month then the fan fell on the og kush and smaller pineapple kush im gonna try to reveg it, they never even started flowering, reboot time,, i know this topled mars2 80x5 can do better and i do love it its the best little light i have right now, but other growers are showing how good it works (icemud for 1) im just wasting time and cs and power on stalled clones,, be back soon to close officially :high-five:

:(

Bid!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your grow and wealth of knowledge with us. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have purchased a MARSII. Thank you again for everything, oh and I am subbed on the other journal March can come any sooner!!!! :) thanks again bid!

dp_mac10.jpg
dp_mac2.jpg

WoW! looks like a Gnarly Purple Tribble

thanks bob,it was good topled bud even won notm oct13
well im am calling this journal finished, on the last 3 i had in there 2 wet into reveg under other lights the 3rd harvested pineapple skunk gave 2 zips out of a tiny plant grown in the soil i won for motm oct13 professionals choice, and only needed water no nutes worked well,
i would say the topled marsII 80x5watt/400 is an excellent light for a small space like a 2x2 or 2x3 tent or closet it veggs and flowered equally well you could add and Daisey chain more of them for a bigger space and at 200 a pop they are affordable and the light has run daily since June with no issues it makes plants produce a thick layer of frost and yields are acceptable to good, an all round simple performer that has good penetration, my plants liked it very much , im pleased to have had the chance to test it it will serve me well in the years to come! a budget light that delivers as well as any 400watt hps at less than half the power draw,and saves you money on nutes ,cooling and ventilation to boot ! topled and sarah are a great company to work with and im sure we will do business again
this journal is now closed, see what im up to in my current journal link located in my signature below:peace::Namaste:

Top LED really looks great. Maybe one day I'll have get me one. So far it's my favorite! :)

Thank you very much BID
thank you sara you are awesome!! i love topled i love my 80x5 i will use it in my journals in the years to come and recommend you guys to the budget grower i hope this journal served you well and helped you establish your spot in the marketplace i would love to get the biggest mars II to compare vs others one day i will contact you when the time comes good luck and god bless

Top LED really looks great. Maybe one day I'll have get me one. So far it's my favorite! :)

i think topled is the best budget led great for entry level to pro it hold a solid place in my arsenal
because the work and are affordable and well who dose not adore sara?

thanks bob,it was good topled bud even won notm oct13
well im am calling this journal finished, on the last 3 i had in there 2 wet into reveg under other lights the 3rd harvested pineapple skunk gave 2 zips out of a tiny plant grown in the soil i won for motm oct13 professionals choice, and only needed water no nutes worked well,
i would say the topled marsII 80x5watt/400 is an excellent light for a small space like a 2x2 or 2x3 tent or closet it veggs and flowered equally well you could add and Daisey chain more of them for a bigger space and at 200 a pop they are affordable and the light has run daily since June with no issues it makes plants produce a thick layer of frost and yields are acceptable to good, an all round simple performer that has good penetration, my plants liked it very much , im pleased to have had the chance to test it it will serve me well in the years to come! a budget light that delivers as well as any 400watt hps at less than half the power draw,and saves you money on nutes ,cooling and ventilation to boot ! topled and sarah are a great company to work with and im sure we will do business again
this journal is now closed, see what im up to in my current journal link located in my signature below:peace::Namaste:

In the short time I have been here, and having to start all over again from 20 years ago [outdoor grower], I am very grateful to everybody that has contributed to this thread; and it has helped me immensely to decide what type of lights to use for my own indoor grow-space; You just got yourself another customer SmokeSara.

Dear Toker69, when you want to try led, please email me, I will try my best to help you ./

thank you TBobeRoyale, when you place your order, you can email me. I will try my best to help you ASAP
In the short time I have been here, and having to start all over again from 20 years ago [outdoor grower], I am very grateful to everybody that has contributed to this thread; and it has helped me immensely to decide what type of lights to use for my own indoor grow-space; You just got yourself another customer SmokeSara.

Back
Top Bottom