Grow Version 1.0 - Reserva Privada Hurricane - LED - DWC - Mainline

here they are 48hrs after topping... I took these pics through my LED glasses in hopes to provide more true color, but based on the result of these pics that may not be worthwhile.

here's Hurricane #1 -- the biggest of the bunch.. this girl has a seriously thick stem.
resized0047.jpg

resized0035.jpg

and Hurricane #2 -- not too shabby either
resized00010.jpg

resized0016.jpg

and the Super Sour Alien -- nothing to write home about.
resized0028.jpg

and finally the new nute line-up.
resized0065.jpg

happy growing everyone!!

I'm down to 2 plants, both of which are Reserva Privada Hurricane; each of in their own res.

Yesterday I re-nuted; both plants are at about 510PPM. I also did some trimming yesterday, not quite as much as the last time, but took a good bit of foliage out of there to try and open up the canopy and encourage some upwards growth. When I did this "trimming" I also clipped all the growth tips below the current "top" growth tip in hopes to tell the plants to grow "upwards".

I still need these girls to grow up another node or 2 before I top them for the last time (which will be 8 mains per plant) -- this is a long veg!! Growth was a bit slow last week. I believe this is because I didn't re-nute for 2 weeks and instead I just topped with water. As a result the plants where in low PPM (low 100's) for last week which may have impacted their growth.

I also ordered another LED; hoping that will be here by end of week.

In general I'm finding these plants a challenge to mainline. The stems are so fricken thick / stiff they are hard to work with. Moreover these girls are not growing upwards as much as I'd like and they have a very flat / full canopy.

On with the pics from this AM:

both of the ladies
resized0017.jpg

Hurricane (right). this one pulled her ties and my mainifold has thus gotten smaller. I seriously cannot bend these 2 mains down any more without snapping them at this point.
resized0055.jpg

resized0036.jpg

resized0029.jpg

Hurricane (left). This one has kept a decent spread on her manifold, but not as horizontal as I'd like.
resized0093.jpg

resized0072.jpg

resized011.jpg

I'm hoping these girls can get some growth in the next few days so I can top + tie them for last time. I'd really like to start flower within the next 2 weeks, but I'm not going to rush them -- it is what it is.

I'm considering trying throwing my T5s back in there about 6 inches above them to see if I can make them stretch a little. Anybody think that's worthwhile??

Happy growing!

I was confused at first because the title change. I was like "who's thread did I accidently sub" lol

Those ladies look great. I don't know how you do it, but I can barely gather the willpower top cut off dead leaves. I don't think I'll ever be able to chop off whole healthy branches lol. But they look great, like little bonsai cannatrees.

My new LED arrived last Friday so now I have 350-400 true LED watts in there. Of course I now have heat issues, but my plan is to try and hold off on getting a portable AC unit until spring. I'm hoping that's realistic given winter is coming and I'm going to start 12-12 lighting before long. So far I've mitigated the heat by taking off my (DIY) carbon filters which allows more exhaust from my cab. Temps have remained in the mid to upper 70s, but with the carbon filters on it can get into the low 80s in the cab during warm days.

Growth seemed rather slow last week. By last Friday I was a bit concerned so on Saturday I did a flush + re-nute. Both res re-nuted to about 470PPM. Since the flush I've notice a little better growth. I've topped these girls for their last time and there are now 8 small mains growing on each plant.

The current plan is to let me veg a little more and then switch to 12-12 and start flowering. Not exactly sure how much longer I'll veg them, but likely 1-2 more weeks until they get some growth on those small mains. Man this is a long veg. I'm 100% sure I cut a few weeks of growth off these girls in my mainlining process. I have a number of ideas to reduce that time -- I will employ these ideas on my next grow as I think this mainline veg can be reduced.

On with the pics...

group shot
resized0018.jpg

Hurricane on left
resized00210.jpg

resized0037.jpg

resized0073.jpg

Hurricane on right
resized0056.jpg

resized0066.jpg

resized0048.jpg

Happy growing!!

Honestly I had no idea Colorado was so warm. I compared your forecast with my state(SE) and its 10℉ hotter every day than me lol. I guess skiing is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Colorado. Well, after weed of course.

I'd suggest a small(4inch) inline fan to help, but if your intake temps are near your box temps, it wouldn't help much. Small ac unit is probably the only way to get temps down. Low 80s isn't too bad at this point, and your girls look unphased by the heat.

Congrats on more light, I've fallen in love with LEDs. Recently added another myself. I'm out of room now so if I get another I'm gonna have to mount it on the walls instead lol.

Honestly I had no idea Colorado was so warm. I compared your forecast with my state(SE) and its 10℉ hotter every day than me lol. I guess skiing is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Colorado. Well, after weed of course.

I'd suggest a small(4inch) inline fan to help, but if your intake temps are near your box temps, it wouldn't help much. Small ac unit is probably the only way to get temps down. Low 80s isn't too bad at this point, and your girls look unphased by the heat.

Congrats on more light, I've fallen in love with LEDs. Recently added another myself. I'm out of room now so if I get another I'm gonna have to mount it on the walls instead lol.

IMO it's fairly mild here. The nice thing is even on hot days it cools off at night... Not like living in FL and you go outside at 9PM only to start sweating by the time you get into your car in the driveway :)

Agree with you on the temps -- I don't think another fan will help much... I could probably get a few degrees with a fan and perhaps a swamp cooler, but if I'm going to do that I mise well do it right and get a portable AC. At the end of the day I want total control over the temps.

Yeah I saw your LED setup -- looks mighty bright in there!!

Thanks for stopping by dude!

Those girls are looking good cogreen! Keep up the good work:thumb:
I believe if you wanted to speed things up, you could bump up the feed to about 800 ppm and that should help them along. I can't wait to see how they do in flower... should be nice big buds growing for you. Good luck!
GB80

Thanks for stopping by bro..

800PPM!!!! dude that number scares me :)

I'm letting the plants tell me what they want... Last week I was at 500'some PPM and as the girls drank the PPM went up telling me 500'ish was too high (last week). This week I did 470PPM and when I topped them off with h2o yesterday the PPM was down -- they are probably ready for the 550-600 range now. I suspect as the foliage grows back they'll demand more food.

I'm excited for flower too! Not exactly sure how much I should let them veg out until I go to 12-12 -- got thoughts on that??

Thanks again!

Cogreen I am so sorry for taking so long to come check out your grow. I was going through the first few pages of my journal and saw where you had come by and said hey and told me about main lining. I just got caught up in my grow and did not follow up. I am here now and love the size and shape of your ladies. I will try to catch up in the next couple of days. GL and keep it up. :)

Looking good CoGreen! :goodjob:

You sure have some fat stalks and stems! I see why choosing your strain for mainlining is important. My northern lights is so short, stubby, and has a very short distance between each node which makes it hard to tie down. With the ones I broke, I used aluminum tape and it lets me form the branch but doesn't restrict growth. When the stem gets bigger than the tape, it breaks out of it. Yours look nice though. Healthy and strong, that's for sure.

I see you got another LED. What did you decide on? The 150 reflector? I had to order another light as well because I wasn't happy with my last yield so I went with the 480 reflector (or whatever the wattage is). I realized they don't all have 3w diodes like I originally thought. When they run out of 3w diodes, they use 5w ones. Of course this is just what I read on another forum so take it with a grain of salt... but if this is true, that means temperatures will be higher and that is exactly what I want to avoid.

anyway, I'm diggin' what you got going on. The DWC is something I don't think I'll ever dive into just because the maintenance. I like simplicity but the people who DO rock those DWCs, grow some crazy plants. I wish I had the time.

Keep up the good work! You're going to be happy I bet.:party:

Cogreen I am so sorry for taking so long to come check out your grow. I was going through the first few pages of my journal and saw where you had come by and said hey and told me about main lining. I just got caught up in my grow and did not follow up. I am here now and love the size and shape of your ladies. I will try to catch up in the next couple of days. GL and keep it up. :)

no worries man; I know you have your hands pretty full right now with your own grow.. I've been following it silently as you already have a ton of eyes on it backed by more experience than me.

stop back in a few weeks during flower - hopfully things will be more interesting here then :)

peace!

thanks for stopping by Grouchy

You sure have some fat stalks and stems!

they are massive IMO... their thickness and strength make them a challenge to mainline.

I see you got another LED. What did you decide on? The 150 reflector? I had to order another light as well because I wasn't happy with my last yield so I went with the 480 reflector (or whatever the wattage is). I realized they don't all have 3w diodes like I originally thought. When they run out of 3w diodes, they use 5w ones. Of course this is just what I read on another forum so take it with a grain of salt... but if this is true, that means temperatures will be higher and that is exactly what I want to avoid.

I think I posted this on your grow but I got the reflector 96... On this front; one of my reflector 48's has a malfunction with its veg lights. I've only had it 1 month. I won't got into details here, but I highly doubt I'll buy Mars-Hydro again.

The DWC is something I don't think I'll ever dive into just because the maintenance. I like simplicity but the people who DO rock those DWCs, grow some crazy plants. I wish I had the time.

it's really not that bad once you get into the groove... was a bit time consuming at first tho. but I hear you.. +1

have a good weekend man

Back
Top Bottom