Grow Version 1.0 - Reserva Privada Hurricane - LED - DWC - Mainline

I agree with you completely cogreen, when it comes to 2 lesser lights for more coverage than 1 large light. I have a 32x32x63 ten right now, fairly small, that someday I will turn into a veg/clone tent. I would like to get a 4'x4'x7.5' tent next, that being said for now get 1 strong led for my smaller tent and first grows. Then when space comes available & funds I will get another led and have 2 leds for my 4x4 space. I will most likely do a CFL lighting in the veg/clone tent and then have my 2 leds in the 4x4 flower tent.

What do you think of this? That is my plan over the next 1-3 years.

looking good. you're running just the galaxyhydro 300w light, yeah?

I agree with you completely cogreen, when it comes to 2 lesser lights for more coverage than 1 large light. I have a 32x32x63 ten right now, fairly small, that someday I will turn into a veg/clone tent. I would like to get a 4'x4'x7.5' tent next, that being said for now get 1 strong led for my smaller tent and first grows. Then when space comes available & funds I will get another led and have 2 leds for my 4x4 space. I will most likely do a CFL lighting in the veg/clone tent and then have my 2 leds in the 4x4 flower tent.

What do you think of this? That is my plan over the next 1-3 years.

sounds like a plan!

my cab is only 39" x 29" and I went with 2 sets of lighting... 1 larger would likely be just as good so you can probably go either way w/r/t the LED size

I started my plants with T5s, but for my next grow I'm not sure if I'll use them or not... We'll see I guess.

looking good. you're running just the galaxyhydro 300w light, yeah?
hey man thanks.

actually I have a mars-hydro reflector 48 and the glaxy 300 above one plant. and above the other I have a mars-hydro reflector 96... should work out to something like 160-200 true watts per plant. I also have 8 16w LED flood lights I hope to use for supplemental lighting later in flower... was thinking to get them below the plants focusing upwards to promote flower lower down... anywho, thats the plan, but we'll see.

Yeah we'll see, I'll just have to make a decision and move forward with it haha.

I was thinking on buying a t5 or CFL for veg. Do you think you'll start with leds on your next grow?

Not sure yet, but thinking maybe use my T5s for the 1st week or so of seedling until they get 1 or 2 sets of real leaves in and then switch to the LEDs.

OK guys, I was totally wrong about galaxyhydro -- they are based out of china as is their support... I contacted them via email to confirm.

Here's the galaxyhydro warranty as described to me in an email:
-----
From the receipt date,all lights have this warranty service:
1. Within 60 days,it can be replaced or returned with any quality prolem.
2. Within 1 year,any maintenance costs is free with any quality problem, seller pay for the accessorise and shipping cost.
3. less than 2 years,free for the accessories,you just need to pay for the shipping cost.
All lights' internal structure are templated,easy to replace any part.Even over 2 years,once it broken,you just need to pay for new accssorise to replace the broken one,then its lifespan could be extended.

If it need to return,we will give you our address in USA.Any problem,please contact with us firstly,we will try our best to solve it for you.
----

Sorry about the misleading info - I obviously read something incorrect and didn't do my homework here... -1 for me.

A few pics below, mainly of my lighting since we've been discussing that here a bit lately:

resized00311.jpg

resized00214.jpg

resized00111.jpg

resized00014.jpg

As you can see in the 1st pic above, the plants are doing well in their 4th day of flower.. I'm patiently waiting to defol again :)
I'll prob build some type of "hoops" above the plants this week so I can create a guide to anchor them to as they stretch.
Will post some more pics in a few days, but in general nothing exciting yet other than bushy plants (btw -- they are getting very sticky and the scent is starting to muster in there).

Happy growing!!

Sounds good. I was thinking of picking up a cheap light for my tent. I was looking at mars and galaxyhydro. I will not be going with them now. I think I will just get a smaller LED from the same place as last time. Thanks for sharing your experiences and sorry you have to go through it. Your girls look great and really looking forward to seeing what they do! Do you have any expectations on yield?

Sounds good. I was thinking of picking up a cheap light for my tent. I was looking at mars and galaxyhydro. I will not be going with them now. I think I will just get a smaller LED from the same place as last time. Thanks for sharing your experiences and sorry you have to go through it. Your girls look great and really looking forward to seeing what they do! Do you have any expectations on yield?

In a perfect world I'd *like* to get at least 3oz per plant... In the real world I'll be happy just to get them through flower :)

Nice and bushy girls you got there cogreen ! Nice and lush, are you gonna post some pics of before (close up) and after pics of defol ?

The leds have it bright in there ! I didn't realize you had 3 leds in your grow area

I will try to get some before / after pics... if I remember :)

thanks man! I've been meaning to stop by your grow sometime soon; sorry it's been so long.

np man. not much happening with me. I lost five plants to spider mites. the last of my rhino is on week eight. I may start a journal with some beans that are about four days old.

yours look great man. keep doing what you are doing. those are some serious genetics. how much longer you plan on vegging her?

np man. not much happening with me. I lost five plants to spider mites. the last of my rhino is on week eight. I may start a journal with some beans that are about four days old.

yours look great man. keep doing what you are doing. those are some serious genetics. how much longer you plan on vegging her?

ah man, I'm sorry to hear you lost some plants - that really sucks! a humbling reminder for me how easy it is to loose all "your work" in this hobby.

thanks for the kind words! they actually started flower last Friday.. let's see what happens.

UPDATE
The plants are on day 6 of flower and are of course bushy as hell. Still holding off on defol as to not impede stretch; I want them to fill in the 10-14" of head-room they have. I was able to hack-up some training guides (hoops), but in hindsight I'm wishing I would've put these guides in a little earlier and a little lower down -- put that on the TODO list of next grow I guess.

Next week I'm going to have to do some "winterization" to my grow room -- the cheap window fan I have is not efficient and not going to work much longer as the temps keep dropping here. Always something to do in this hobby I guess :)

Some pics from this AM:

resized00015.jpg

resized00112.jpg

resized00215.jpg

resized00413.jpg

resized00312.jpg

A few observations:
- The plants are not stretching as much / fast as I expected. They obviously grew a few inches in the past 6 days, but nothing like what I expected. I'm a bit concerned they're not going to stretch enough to fill in the head-room (another 10-14").
- I noticed the inner portions of the new growth are "lighter green" than the other growth. Not sure if this is a by-product of switching to lower N bloom nutes or if its the beginning of a nute issue... For now I'm just going to monitor unless someone thinks I should be concerned.
- Waiting for them to grow a bit more so I can position / anchor them to the guides.

That's it for now; I will post up another set of pics in a week or so, unless something drastic changes between now and then.

Be well and happy growing!!

UPDATE
The plants are on day 6 of flower and are of course bushy as hell. Still holding off on defol as to not impede stretch; I want them to fill in the 10-14" of head-room they have. I was able to hack-up some training guides (hoops), but in hindsight I'm wishing I would've put these guides in a little earlier and a little lower down -- put that on the TODO list of next grow I guess.

Next week I'm going to have to do some "winterization" to my grow room -- the cheap window fan I have is not efficient and not going to work much longer as the temps keep dropping here. Always something to do in this hobby I guess :)

Some pics from this AM:

resized00015.jpg

resized00112.jpg

resized00215.jpg

resized00413.jpg

resized00312.jpg

A few observations:
- The plants are not stretching as much / fast as I expected. They obviously grew a few inches in the past 6 days, but nothing like what I expected. I'm a bit concerned they're not going to stretch enough to fill in the head-room (another 10-14").
- I noticed the inner portions of the new growth are "lighter green" than the other growth. Not sure if this is a by-product of switching to lower N bloom nutes or if its the beginning of a nute issue... For now I'm just going to monitor unless someone thinks I should be concerned.
- Waiting for them to grow a bit more so I can position / anchor them to the guides.

That's it for now; I will post up another set of pics in a week or so, unless something drastic changes between now and then.

Be well and happy growing!!

I like the bushy look on those girls. :cheer:

As for hacked up training guide, have you seen my scrog? Now that's how you hack something up. :grinjoint:

I wouldn't worry too much about light green new growth. N deficiency should show at the bottom first. Just keep an eye on them. If the new growth starts turning yellow, you could have phosforus excess or potassium excess since you just started flowering nutes. Yellowing new growth could also be sulfer or iron deficiency. Would not worry about light green though.

Busy, busy, busy, so I apologize for the delay in updates here.

Atulip Thanks for the tips man...

I have a lot of pics today, so let's get down to business.

Winterization
Winter is coming and it can get chilly here. In my current setup my cab is in my "outdoor equipment storage" room in the basement. Since no body except me goes downstairs I just vent my cab into the room and I had a cheap window fan exhausting the room to outside... Needless to say this window fan was far from efficient and when turned off lets the outside air in rapidly. This needed fixing.

So... I framed up a small pony wall, wrapped it with sill-seal threw some 1" rigid on the outside of it. Once this baby slid into the window opening I just stuck some screws through it into the window jam to hold it.
resized0084.jpg

I got a 12" 3-speed indoor-outdoor exhaust fan with a shutter. Mounted this puppy in place.
resized0102.jpg

resized0121.jpg

Attached a piece of 2" rigid to the inside.
resized013.jpg

And finally attached the fan to a programmable thermostat.
resized016.jpg

And blamo -- a cheap way to have some control over my temps... My idea here is that I'm already generating a lot of heat with my equipment (water chiller, air pump, lighting, etc.), mise well try to leverage that and the fact that my basement is fairly stable at 65 - 73F... Might still need a space heater for lights-out time, but we'll see.

So that's, that...

Indoor Plants
I haven't seen them stretch much in a few days, so I started on some defol yesterday.

Here they are yesterday AM before any defol.
resized00016.jpg

resized00113.jpg

Chop, chop, chop on the right plant.
resized00511.jpg

resized00216.jpg

resized00612.jpg

And today they look like this.
resized00114.jpg

Until I did this to the left plant.
resized00512.jpg

resized0077.jpg

resized0085.jpg

Taller of the 2 plants measured vertically from res top
resized0095.jpg

Frankly I don't think they are going to stretch much more, but I don't have the experience to back that up.. I'm a little disappointed in how much the plants stretched, especially that left one - she is pretty short and I expected her to stretch a bit more. But, will do my best to get these ladies through flower and hopefully I can get enough to hold me through my next grow.... I have a feeling my lighting as "some" to do with how stalky these plants are. I have quite a bit of light in a small space, so not much need to stretch... Priority #1 before next grow is to add 18-24" to my cab!

Outdoor Plants
Miss BagSeed
resized0103.jpg

resized0111.jpg

resized0122.jpg

Checked her trichs early last week and they were about 30% milky; rest were clear/straight... Will check again tomorrow... Hard to see, but she has a lot of purple color in her flowers.

White widows
resized0131.jpg

resized014.jpg

Will be lucky if these ladies are even ready for harvest given where they are and how much outdoor time we have left... Oh well; we'll see.

BTW -- sorry that these pics are low quality. I haven't had time to perfect picture taking. Also uploading some pics rotates them and I haven't had time to figure that out.

That's it for now...

Be well and happy growing all!

Camo
Thanks for the kind words sir... I do hope they stretch a little more, but if not I'll surely make the best of what I have... You must be excited to start your grow, but the good thing about having some lead time is that you have plenty of time to do research which sets you up for success IMO.

A few comments on lighting
I have to be honest here -- I'm continuing to struggle with mars-hydro customer service. I've asked some questions multiple times (via email) and they never get answered; it's like I never asked them. Moreover, as per customer service, there is no way to understand where your light is in the repair pipeline and when you might get it back. I wouldn't expect to have a fancy tracking system, but IMHO would be nice to know a rough estimate of when the light will be fixed and shipped back to me. Also it appears their customer service = 1 person so if you try to contact service (email of course) and that person happens to be on vacation you won't get a response until they return (took 4 days to get a response one time).

Regarding my galaxyhydro 300w... This light is above the right plant near the front of the cab (mars hydro reflector 48 on the rear portion of that same plant). Although it's not easy to see in the pics, the front portion of the plant under this light is a few inches taller than all other areas of both plants. I'm not sure if this is coincidence, a result of the galaxy having more watts, or because the light is better for cannabis growing. I tend to think it's not coincidence given the portion of the plant directly under that light is bigger.

Here's a sample pic (though still not easy to see):
PA150017.JPG

Flowering Enhancers
I've been doing some reading on flowering enhancers and I think I might add the following to my program:
- Bud Ignitor by AN... Too late to use in this grow, but for the next.
- Bud Factor X by AN... Plan to get some soon and start using it on the indoor plants.
- Overdrive by AN... Plan to use at the end of flower

I'd just use these as "additives" to my existing program...

Anybody use these and have comments as to if they're worth the money?

Back
Top Bottom