HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

Hey HG.

Hope you and FP are well.

Ahhh.The pointy side up or down debate.
I'll throw a wrench into the works.

I had issues when I would plant my seed pointy or rounded side down. It always seemed contrary to what was supposed to happen. I've had quite a few plants that got turned around and come up root first or the roots would corkscrew and not come up. I'd have to dig them up and replant them.

I started laying them on their side and I haven't had any issues since. It could just be luck so far.
I was thinking (stoner thoughts)of how I sow every other seed. Most of them end up on their side naturally due to shape. Maybe there is a reason for this? Seems like a plan of nature and I was ignoring it.
So I'm gonna go with nature and see where she takes me.
I'll keep y'all posted.

Thanks, VG. I think your solution is logical and going forward, I will follow your direction and try it that way.

I've been laying low as I've been really achy lately. FP is great though! And, I find that the computer screen makes my eyes really feel sleepy the later in the day it gets so there's that, too.

AND... I took up knitting during the pandemic and I spend most evenings knitting and watching movies. I :love: knitting. I find it very relaxing.

The other great thing about knitting is that I can do it even when I'm high and that totally ROCKS!

A lot of growers (myself included) don't wait for taproots. We plant as soon as the seed splits in the bowl of water. No paper towel or long soaks.

Seed case contains a very finite amount of resources, from which it must produce a viable plant. No benefit in forcing the organism inside to start growing a trap root in a non-nutritive environment. Okay, some small initial benefit, if the gardener has doubts that the thing is alive, i suppose. But the clock is ticking.

Thanks, VG. I think your solution is logical and going forward, I will follow your direction and try it that way.

I've been laying low as I've been really achy lately. FP is great though! And, I find that the computer screen makes my eyes really feel sleepy the later in the day it gets so there's that, too.

AND... I took up knitting during the pandemic and I spend most evenings knitting and watching movies. I :love: knitting. I find it very relaxing.
I avoided screens today. Had a headache earlier and dosed around 100mg. Slept most of the day.
It's gone now.

I'm taking up wood carving and engraving to keep me busy. I'm still in the drawing stages yet.
It's good to have a creative outlet. Glad to hear that knitting is filling the void for you.

Hey, @HashGirl.

I've been lurking and now I'm all caught up. Hope you don't mind if I have a seat.

BTW, be forewarned, knitting + toking = 3-armed sweaters. :laughtwo:

Welcome, Grand Daddy! I saw you lurking about in my alerts. :battingeyelashes: You are absolutely welcome to follow along. Anyone who shares the same birthday as my husband is alright in my books.

Re the 3-armed sweater, that is way above my skill level currently. I've been safely knitting scarves and I'm currently working on a baby blanket. I've made 4 scarves including one that I sent to a previous 420 member for her birthday in December.

The baby blanket is going to be for a friend who had her first baby on December 31st (if it ever gets done).

It was the first item I made. It was just going to be yellow but FP said it would be better with black stripes because then it would be the Hamilton Ticat colours, which is his team. :battingeyelashes:

Welcome, Grand Daddy! I saw you lurking about in my alerts. :battingeyelashes: You are absolutely welcome to follow along. Anyone who shares the same birthday as my husband is alright in my books.

Re the 3-armed sweater, that is way above my skill level currently. I've been safely knitting scarves and I'm currently working on a baby blanket. I've made 4 scarves including one that I sent to a previous 420 member for her birthday in December.

The baby blanket is going to be for a friend who had her first baby on December 31st (if it ever gets done).

Here's a photo of the scarf I made for Felonious:

View attachment 2299864

It was the first item I made. It was just going to be yellow but FP said it would be better with black stripes because then it would be the Hamilton Ticat colours, which is his team. :battingeyelashes:
Looks like a good job to this untrained eye (I know zilch about knitting)! :Rasta:

I'm taking up wood carving and engraving to keep me busy. I'm still in the drawing stages yet.
It's good to have a creative outlet. Glad to hear that knitting is filling the void for you.

That's exciting. I did think about taking up woodworking at some point as I love wood but I'm so accident prone, I'd probably cut a finger off. lol Knitting is much safer.

When you get your first carving completed, I'd love to see it.

Weekly Update:

The Carnival and ALP1 through 6 are 21 days old. The Dark Devil and Raspberry Cough are 23 days old and ALP8 is 13 days old. Here are a couple of group shots:

Does anyone use a tripod when taking photos of their plants? I was thinking about getting one of those flexible leg mini ones but was worried it might be too short. The one I was looking at was only 11 inches tall.

I don't, and I can't see where an 11" tripod will do you much good once the plant gets taller than that! They make pretty compact tripods now that go to 50". I just bought one for my son that was a ring-light/tripod/cellphone mount for under $40.

Will the 50" accommodate an iPhone 7? If it's $40 US, it will be at least double that here, unfortunately.

That's exciting. I did think about taking up woodworking at some point as I love wood but I'm so accident prone, I'd probably cut a finger off. lol Knitting is much safer.

When you get your first carving completed, I'd love to see it.
Well, Woodworking, carving,metal engraving and glass etching.

The issue I'm having is a dedicated space to work in. Hopefully everything will fall into place for me this spring.

I can do some outside when it's nice but we don't have a garage or a basement to do anything during the winter months.
I'm looking to rectify this. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom