HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

Nice! I gather that’s not the R&B from Manchester? Sounds like it smells nice.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I like your coterie of curatives. And your garden ;)

BTW. If Felonious Punk isn’t the coolest username on the internet, I’ll eat... someone’s straw hat. (I don’t have any anymore I’m not allowed).

My all time favourite ‘review of a review’ is attributed to FP’s nearly-namesake, the pianist with the slightly less cool name Thelonious Monk “Writing about music is like dancing about architecture”.

♩♪♫
:high-five:

I told my husband what you said about his username and he was pleased so thank you for that.

Interestingly, he was going to go for the username Thelonious Punk but the website didn't allow him enough characters to do that. :battingeyelashes:

Nice! I gather that’s not the R&B from Manchester? Sounds like it smells nice.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I like your coterie of curatives. And your garden ;)

BTW. If Felonious Punk isn’t the coolest username on the internet, I’ll eat... someone’s straw hat. (I don’t have any anymore I’m not allowed).

My all time favourite ‘review of a review’ is attributed to FP’s nearly-namesake, the pianist with the slightly less cool name Thelonious Monk “Writing about music is like dancing about architecture”.

♩♪♫
:high-five:
And that's where the name came from, Thelonious Monk. It just worked, combining themes. Music, illegal cannabis (now legal here in Canada) and it's penalties. Glad you got it!
Stay Safe,
FP :peace:

And that's where the name came from, Thelonious Monk. It just worked, combining themes. Music, illegal cannabis (now legal here in Canada) and it's penalties. Glad you got it!
Stay Safe,
FP :peace:
Cheers FP :high-five:
Niceta meetcha :passitleft:

It's been a few days since I posted anything. 6 of the 8 seeds have been planted. We still have 2 Alpine Star CBD seeds in paper towel and I think one of them looks ready for planting tomorrow. In the meantime, here are the photos of the others:

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_1148.jpeg

Felonious loves the seedling stage best so I asked him today if he wanted to take over this part since he enjoys it but he said it didn't matter to him so I figured I might as well continue as it's not hard and it will help me become more comfortable with growing. But I told him when they're in 5 gallon pots, he has to help me tend them.

I have a couple of questions about the fabric pots:

1. Is there an easy way to get the dirt and root out of the cloth pots? I had to peel them off the two pots I did.
  2. And, how do you clean them? I don't want all that dirt going down the drain or into the washing machine. If it was summer, I could throw them all into a Rubbermaid container and wash them outside on the deck.

ALP7 was planted today.

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg

I have a couple of questions about the fabric pots:

1. Is there an easy way to get the dirt and root out of the cloth pots? I had to peel them off the two pots I did.
  2. And, how do you clean them? I don't want all that dirt going down the drain or into the washing machine. If it was summer, I could throw them all into a Rubbermaid container and wash them outside on the deck.
I turn them inside out, give them a good shake, and spray them with the jet setting on the spray nozzle. Then I toss a bunch in the washing machine with the extra rinse cycle on. They come out practically brand new!
full

Thanks, Shed. I knew you would be the person to answer this for me. :love:

Were you unwell on the weekend? Everything okay now? Your thread didn't quiet down much. :laughtwo:

I do the GeoPots a bit differently in the winter than Shed does. It's frozen here so my spigot is turned off.
I do it his way in the summer.
I use a cannisters vac to clean them and then I soak them in the washer in Oxyclean for an hour before running the machine. This is the only thing I use on them and it works great.

Babies look a good healthy shade of green.

:green_heart:

Alpine 8 was planted today. Here are the pictures:

IMG_1154.jpeg

IMG_1155.jpeg

IMG_1157.jpeg

And, I decarbed some of my Girl Scout Cookies today to make oil and took a photo of this 3 gram

nug:

IMG_1153.jpeg

We might have to pop another Alpine into water. Alpine 7 seed case popped off and it looks like it took the leaves with it.

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpg

Thank you. A new Alpine Star seed went into water for 24 hours today. The rest of the seedlings look good and there are no helmet heads.

I do the GeoPots a bit differently in the winter than Shed does. It's frozen here so my spigot is turned off.
I do it his way in the summer.
I use a cannisters vac to clean them and then I soak them in the washer in Oxyclean for an hour before running the machine. This is the only thing I use on them and it works great.

Babies look a good healthy shade of green.

:green_heart:

Thank you, VG. Our spigot is off due to the weather as well so I do appreciate you taking the time to post your "winter" method.

Good afternoon.

It's Day 14 and I transplanted the following plants to 1 gallon pots:
  • ALP1
  • ALP2
  • ALP3
  • ALP4
  • ALP5
  • ALP6
I also transplanted the Dark Devil to a 3-gallon pot as I know it doesn't like being transplanted. The 3-gallon pot is the Dark Devil's forever home. :battingeyelashes:

I also planted ALP7's seed. ALP7 was the one that lost its leaves when it lost its head. We think I probably just planted it too soon. I had no idea that the taproot was supposed to be a certain length. Live and learn.

Here are some photos:

Photo 1.jpeg

Photo 2.jpeg

Photo 3.jpeg

Photo 4.jpeg

Photo 5 - ALP7.jpeg

Photo 4.jpeg

@InTheShed Please refresh my memory. When I water the plants in the new pots, how much MegaCrop should I add to my 10L of water? I think it was 1/2 gram or 1 gram to start?

Thank you, VG. Our spigot is off due to the weather as well so I do appreciate you taking the time to post your "winter" method.
Always happy to help when I can.
Glad you got the mouse issue sorted.
I used to catch and release them. I used a 5 gallon bucket, a piece of 2x4 leaning against it and for bait...the irresistible combination of peanut butter and Raisinettes. Never failed.

I used to have pet mice and it's hard for me to kill them. I'm pretty timid in the killing department.
Except mosquitos. I enjoy killing them.

Nice transplanting!
We think I probably just planted it too soon. I had no idea that the taproot was supposed to be a certain length. Live and learn.
A lot of growers (myself included) don't wait for taproots. We plant as soon as the seed splits in the bowl of water. No paper towel or long soaks.
@InTheShed Please refresh my memory. When I water the plants in the new pots, how much MegaCrop should I add to my 10L of water? I think it was 1/2 gram or 1 gram to start?
I would say you are okay at 1g/gallon with the second set of true leaves. But I don't see any reason to be mixing up 10L at this point since you'll never use all of it.

1gallon = 3.78541L, so you would be mixing 1g in 3.7854 liters, roughly!

Back
Top Bottom