Hawaii Maui Waui, Hydro Flood & Drain By Gwhunran 2022

That's my light power cord. :oops:
I have spilled water in the past, mostly from the hose when refilling the res, due to inattention. Water seemed to run the other way. My res totes are doubled up, I didn't like the way they bulged when full as single totes.

Hawaii Maui Waui Day 10 veg in tray. The three larger ones are starting to take off and the growth at the internodes is really thick. The cuttings are starting bushier than the mother plant. Probably the result of induced multi branching of mother before cuttings taken?
HMW Day 10 veg (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui Day 10 veg
HMW Day 10 veg (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui Day 10 veg

3rd Res. 100% recommended levels of General Hydroponics 3 part liquid nutrients for "Early Growth". Added PH down to 5.5-6.0 and added 35ml of CalMag +. Light is 26" from tray at about 200w and 26.5k lux. I plan on upping the light to 300w or 50% power while filling the screen. I will raise the light at that point too and hold while filling the screen.
HMW Day 14 veg in tray (4).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui Day 14 in tray, start of 3rd res. Veg
HMW Day 14 veg in tray (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 14 in tray, start of 3rd res. in veg

Light dimmer adjust/rheostat/potentiometer insight. I am running HLG 600R Led lights. The dimmer doesn't have any markings on it and I found that a bit troubling, not knowing what the output was. I ordered a wattmeter and proceeded to mark the readings on the light as shown in the illustration. I'm no artist so excuse the results but I think it gets the point across.
1. The adjustment is non linear. There isn't equal spacing between hundreds watt ouput
2. There is dead space at the beginning of adjustment and end of adjustment. The manufacturer states the light runs from 160w-600w.
3. Light efficiency seems best from 200w-500w. The lux readings don't move much from 500 to 600w. I don't plan on running the light above 450w-500w no matter the stage of grow. I will adjust light height.
Dimmer knob illustration HLG 600R.JPG

Poorly drawn illustration of dimmer knob from top view (above) HLG 600R. Lux reading taken at 24" above canopy top.

I decided to put the screen on. No changes in light settings. I will adjust when the plants break through the screen. Res. change tomorrow.
HMW Day 20 veg (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui Day 20 in tray. Veg.
HMW Day 20 veg (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 20 Veg.

Get start @gwhunran I like your setup.

Mind if I stick around for the show?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks Tokin, all are welcome. I have made many changes over the years and I've about learned not to say I'm finished with it. My wife has busted me for saying "I've got it the way I want it" and then another Amazon package shows up.

This years grow will be my first where I can veg and flower without moving them and I am really excited about it. Thanks to LEDs that can do both veg and flower. For some reason, I had it in my head, that when I moved them from the veg room; MH, to the flower room; HPS, that I had to flip rather than getting my screen filled how I wanted before flipping. I guess it was just a case of my narrowly focused mind not seeing the forest for the trees.

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 21 in Veg,
Start of 4th Res., using General Hydroponics 3pt liquid nutes suggested amounts between Early and Late Growth
Light power bumped up to 300w or half power, from 250w. Measured value 22" from leaf canopy, 41k lux.

HMW Day 21 Veg (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui Day 21 in Veg. Start of 4th Res.
HMW Day 21 Veg (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 21 in Veg. Start of 4th Res. with light bumped up to 300w(half power) from 250w. Light measured at canopy top, 22" from light equals 41k lux.

They look fantastic. Going to be hitting that net soon :)

Looking good! I remember when the brotherhood brought papas colitas over from mex and maui wowie was born. darn I'm old.
We old. When I started, living in a small town, we were getting seedy Mexican, sometimes I thought it was pretty good. Every now and then something special would come through but it was rare. Then the bud started coming from Columbia and for a while it was sublime, then that started to drop in quality, it was usually too dry and solid brown. I then moved to TX in the early 80s and one of my good friends had pretty good connections and could get very good seedless buds that smelled strongly of skunk. I thought it was coming from Mexico but who knows.

Hawaii Maui Waui
Day 28 in the tray. Veg
Start of Res. 5
Nutrient load about 90% of recommended General Hydroponics 3 part liquid for Late Growth. 35ml of Cal Mag plus and PHed to 5.5-6.0.
Light power and height not changed since last report.
Temps are getting warmer but I am still only running exhaust fans on inkbird thermostats set at 76F and oscillating fans.
HMW Day 28 veg (1).JPG

Hawaii Maui Day 28 in tray, veg.
HMW Day 28 veg (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui Day 28 in tray. Veg.
HMW Day 28 veg (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui, Day 28 in tray. veg.

Maybe a disturbing development. I went to check on the mothers tent and what do I find. Hawaii Maui Waui plant has started flowering. I'm hoping it's the conditions and the plant is not an auto because that's what is in my flood and drain trays.
This plant sprouted on New Year's Day so it's about 4.5 months old. The light cycle has always been 16 on, 8 off. After about 60 days in relative warmth, cuttings were taken and she was moved to a mother's tent in an insulated but not heated part of the house where the temps never get below mid 40s F but heat up to the 60s when lights on. The light is a two bulb 4ft fluorescent not putting out too much light. The plant has been cut back twice in the last two months since cuttings were taken, mainly to keep it smallish in the tent.
HMW mom 4 and half months (1).JPG

HMW mother starting flower. Not on purpose
HMW mom 4 and half months (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui mother starting flower, not on purpose.
HMW mom 4 and half months (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui mother. Starting flower, not on purpose.

Maybe a disturbing development. I went to check on the mothers tent and what do I find. Hawaii Maui Waui plant has started flowering. I'm hoping it's the conditions and the plant is not an auto because that's what is in my flood and drain trays.
This plant sprouted on New Year's Day so it's about 4.5 months old. The light cycle has always been 16 on, 8 off. After about 60 days in relative warmth, cuttings were taken and she was moved to a mother's tent in an insulated but not heated part of the house where the temps never get below mid 40s F but heat up to the 60s when lights on. The light is a two bulb 4ft fluorescent not putting out too much light. The plant has been cut back twice in the last two months since cuttings were taken, mainly to keep it smallish in the tent.
HMW mom 4 and half months (1).JPG

HMW mother starting flower. Not on purpose
HMW mom 4 and half months (2).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui mother starting flower, not on purpose.
HMW mom 4 and half months (3).JPG

Hawaii Maui Waui mother. Starting flower, not on purpose.
Holy jumping stealth autos Batman. :rofl:
That's an odd one.
Is it possible that the fluorescent light is not close enough to discourage the production of the hormone that causes her to flower.
The other option is a nightmare.
If you have cloned a stealth auto, yeiks better check clones?
If the clones are pistol free then it's a light issue for sure, maby.

Stay safe
Bill

I'm thinking it's got to be the lights. 4.5 months old and it just starts flowering. If that is an auto, it's REALLY sneaky.

Holy jumping stealth autos Batman. :rofl:
That's an odd one.
Is it possible that the fluorescent light is not close enough to discourage the production of the hormone that causes her to flower.
The other option is a nightmare.
If you have cloned a stealth auto, yeiks better check clones?
If the clones are pistol free then it's a light issue for sure, maby.

Stay safe
Bill
The cuttings have been in the tray for a month now. I will be watching them really closely. The cuttings have never been exposed to 40sF. I have the heater on an inkbird at 62F and it hits low eighties now without the AC running.
The clone tent stays around 75F. The mothers are the only ones on weak fluorescent lighting and cool temps. The temps will soon be much warmer in the mother tent. The Vanilla Kush mother in the same tent is not showing signs flowering but it's been in the tent 16 days less, so shorter exposure to cold and low light.

I'm thinking it's got to be the lights. 4.5 months old and it just starts flowering. If that is an auto, it's REALLY sneaky.
I hope so. I was hoping the weak light and cool temps would slow their growth. Kinda keeping them near stasis. I will give them away soon. I don't know what to do with her. It's too early to move outside and I can't give her what she needs to bud out properly.

Back
Top Bottom