Headroom Incident By Gwhunran 2022

Headroom Incident
Day 33 since sprout. I was off by a day last time. :rolleyes:

They've been in the tray for a couple of days now and are still alive.
Yesterday on my evening check, I found the water draining too slowly back into the res. after the pump had been off for a long time. Since I had just cleaned up and started a new batch, I suspected a partially clogged fitting (old roots), on the tray that attaches to the res. pump hose. That was the problem and things are running smoothly again.

Headroom Incident

A little information about the grow room.

The growing area is 4' wide x 4' deep x 8' tall with walls on three sides and an open area in front of the tray with about 4' of walking around room. A 20" box fan typically sits in front tray.

There is also a osc. fan mounted on the ceiling blowing down over the light and into the grow area.

There is a six inch exhaust fan/carbon filter mounted a ceiling height that is controlled by an inkbird set to kick in if the temp gets to high in the space. The filtered air is exhausted from the space.

I have a wall mounted AC sufficient for the space and during the heat of the summer it's being run in recirc. mode to cool better and lower humidity.

Light- HLG600R 600w LED dimmable I won't be running it over 450w as there is very little measured gain between 450w and 600w. Last grow I used a wattmeter and LUX meter to mark the dimmer in 50w increments and found there wasn't much gain after 450w but 150w more electricity use.

Grow method is hydroponics flood and drain. 3'x3' tray, pvc lid with four holes for 6"net pots. Res. is 18 gal.
Nutrients are General Hydroponics three part liquid. I will be using PH up and PH down, Cal-Mag+, and KoolBloom.

I will be using the scrog method. My screen is 9" above the tray.
I don't have any idea about what to expect from this strain after flip. The breeder said grown outside it's a medium tall plant. I will be mostly filling my screen up before flipping. I made the mistake of flipping the strain before this one early because it was to supposed to stretch hard for a month with wide node spacing, it didn't

old flower rm 1-22 (2).JPG

Early 2022 picture of grow room. Before screen lowered from 11" to 9".

Headroom Incident
Day 34 since sprout

Not much change but they've only been in here three days. They don't look good, but we'll see after a couple of weeks in the tray. Cannabis is resilient.

HI Day 34 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 34 veg

HI Day 34 veg (3).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 34 veg

Not to sure about hydro....but if I know anything about these plants...it's if given a chance they'll recover and bounce back from anything....even if your try to kill them lol. But from reading I know they need constant feeding... What's your schedule so far for them for nutrients? The yellowing is telling me hunger and possibly nitrogen defiency?!

Hopefully the fix on the watering system clears up the problems.

I had a root issue when they were in the tupperware. The only thing I can think of was O2 problem. The tupperware has six small air stones being fed individually by one air pump. I would frequently find a hose off which lowered the air pressure to the other stones.
I think if have remedied the problem but won't know until I run the next strain. Panama by Ace. I will plant them when I think the Vanilla Kush is three weeks from harvest and will end up in the tupperware until the tray is open.
The nutes in the flood and drain are General Hydroponics three part liquid and it's set to Early Growth. The root problem is causing the lack of nutrients. I think.

Headroom Incident
Day 37 veg

No real change. I think they will recover from their root problem. They should look better next week. Fingers crossed.

I will let the res go another week unless otherwise indicated.

HI Day 37 veg (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 37 since sprout, root damaged, believed recovering

Headroom Incident
Day 41 since sprout

I've got two of the four that will make it and another I think will make it. The one in the back I'm not so sure. Unless they take a turn for the worse. I will stick with them. Even if it's just two, I can fill the screen enough to make it worth it.

HI Day 41 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 41 since sprout

HI Day 41 veg (3).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 41 since sprout

Headroom Incident
Day 45 since sprout

1st reservoir change yesterday. Nute load set at GH three part liquid nute recommendation for Early Growth. PHed to 5.5-6.0. 60ml Cal-Mag+

I am all but certain three are going to make it. The one in the back is still not showing signs of recovery. I can go with three if it doesn't. Heck, I could do two if necessary.

HI Day 45 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 45 since sprout

HI Day 45 veg (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 45 since sprout.

Headroom Incident
Day 47 since sprout, veg.

Three for sure have made it. The one in the back is unchanged.

I rearranged them in the tray a few pictures back. More for balance than anything else. The two on the side seem to be sativa leaning phenos. Thin leaf blades. The one in the middle front has wider leaves. According to what I've read, the parentage of this strain: G13 Indica, C99 Sativa, and Sour Diesel Sativa.
Just pondering possibilities.

HI Day 47 veg (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 47 veg

HI Day 47 veg (4).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 47 veg

Headroom Incident
Day 49 since sprout

Three are taking off, one is still stalled. I will leave it until I'm sure it's not going to make it. It was the first one to get sick in the tupperware so maybe it will be the last to recover.

No changes in room since last pics.

HI Day 49 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 49 veg

HI Day 49 veg (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 49 veg

Headroom Incident
Day 51 since sprout.

Three are going strong. The fourth one in the back no change.

I made the decision to start my first tie-downs of the main tops of the middle/sides and pointed them towards the back of the screen. If the back one doesn't make it, sending the dominate shoot that direction should help to fill the screen. The one in front must step up. It has a large area to fill. It will get the first shot at the CO2 when I move the bucket over from the Vanilla Kush.

HI Day 51 veg.JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 51 veg.

Headroom Incident
Day 55 since spout, veg.

Reservoir change. Loaded between "Early Grow" and "Late Grow" of GH three part liquid nutes. PHed between 5.5-6.0, added 60ml CalMag+.

Adjusted light to 400w out of 600w and raised light to 27" above screen. Measured 43K LUX at screen.

This room will get the CO2 bucket this week. Vanilla Kush is finishing up and will lose the bucket soon.

AC set to recirc. and fans are at max.

HI Day 55 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 55 veg.

HI Day 55 veg (2).JPG

HI Day 55 veg (3).JPG

Headroom Incident
Day 57 since sprout

Daily check. Everything normal.
CO2 bucket in other room finished. Now it will come to the Headroom Incident as the Vanilla Kush should be chopped in 8 days.

HI Day 57 veg (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 57 veg

HI Day 57 veg (3).JPG

HI Day 57 veg (4).JPG

Headroom Incident
Day 59 since sprout.

Afternoon check. Everything normal

The little stunted one in the back is coming to life. I will run the reservoir to the three plants in the front so the one in the back will just have to make it. It should contribute to the end result and it's good to be able to say four seeds planted, four plants growing.

HI Day 59 sprout(2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 59 veg.

HI Day 59 sprout(3).JPG

HI Day 59 sprout(4).JPG

HI Day 59 Coming back (2).JPG

Little Headroom Incident in the back coming back to life.

Headroom Incident
Day 61 veg

They are going strong and the little one in the back is growing.

I have been tying down and have cut a few fans blocking growth at nodes.

I am planning on res. change at 8 days vice 7, and will do so again the next week to end up on "res. change Wednesdays". I like to do both rooms on the same day and get it over with.

HI Day 54 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 61veg.

HI Day 54 veg (2).JPG

HI Day 54 veg (3).JPG

HI Day 54 veg (4).JPG

The Headroom Incident in the back starting to grow. Day 61 veg.

Headroom Incident
Day 63 veg.

Reservoir change today.
At 100% recommended GH three part liquid nutes for 18 gal in Late Growth. 60ml CalMag+ and 30 ml PH down.

No change to light height or power level.

AC set to recirculate, fans blowing at max.

CO2 bucket slowing down, will probably refresh tomorrow.

Still tucking and tying. Cut some growth below the screen but that was after picture. :rolleyes:

HI Day 63 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 63 veg

HI Day 63 veg (2).JPG

HI Day 63 veg (3).JPG

Headroom Incident
Day 66 veg

Still tucking and tying. I'll probably fill the screen enough to flip soon.

HI Day 66 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 66 veg.

HI Day 66 veg (2).JPG

HI Day 66 veg (3).JPG

Headroom Incident
Day two since flip.

At the rate these front three are growing, I decided to flip. I think the screen will be full enough before the flowering keeps me from continuing to spread it out.
I will most certainly use the recommended amounts of nutes for "Late Growth"(coming reservoir) before switching to "Transition" (the res. after) and then "Early Bloom" (the res. after that).

Headroom Incident Day 2 flower (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 2 since flip

Headroom Incident Day 2 flower (2).JPG

Headroom Incident Day 2 flower (3).JPG

Headroom Incident
Day 2 since flip

Everything normal.
Still tying down and tucking especially around the front and back perimeter. The middle will take care of itself.

Light moved to 29" above screen and power level set to 450w out of 600w.

I think I had developed a leak around where the hose joined the CO2 bubbler, so I re-worked the connection. Carefully applied heat gun to shrink tubing making the connection between hose and bubbler. Working 4.0

AC doing it's job in re-circulation mode. Box and upper osc. fan set to max.

HI Day 2 since flip (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day two since flip.

HI Day 2 since flip (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day two since flip.

HI Day 2 since flip (3).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day two since flip. Re-worked CO2 connection.

Back
Top Bottom