Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Hello all! I thought I’d drop a fresh update this fine Sunday afternoon.
Over the last week or so, I added the Gaia top dressing for both plants, as well as a layer of compost to each, so we’ll see how that affects things down the line. Oriental kush is still yellowing her way to the finish line.
IMG_3690.jpeg
IMG_3689.jpeg

She’s at week 10 of bloom now, so I tried to get some trich pics with my phone camera. They turned out alright, here are some of the best ones.

Honey
Oh, sugar sugar
IMG_3662.jpeg
IMG_3686.jpeg
IMG_3672.jpeg
IMG_3669.jpeg

Not ready yet. But her scent is so lovely already, sugar sweet, like sweet tarts or pixie sticks.

Purple kush
IMG_3691.jpeg
IMG_3692.jpeg
Building mode for sure, she’s popping fresh pistils out each day. You can see her leaf is showing some paleness and deficiencies. Hopefully the stuff I added will start kicking in about now-ish. If not over the next few days, I may start feeding her some MC to finish, maybe some purpinator, I keep forgetting I have that! I never added any or the urea (N) to this girl, so I’m thinking it shouldn’t be too much trouble to switch over to MC this time.

As you may know, I always keep a Candida cutting or two going and toss the mom, once the clone is solid. I had intended to toss this mom, but instead - I put her in a 5 gal bag and stuck her outside!
IMG_3694.jpeg

Dipping my toe into the outdoor grower’s life.😎 Now let me say, she is not set up for success in the slightest. She sat in the dark for at least 3-4 days, she is already showing major deficiencies and was borderline rootbound. She was literally headed to the yard waste bin. I do not have much of any expectations for her, beyond outdoor growing experience. And if I do manage anything in return it will be 100% bonus for oil. That said, one thing I will say is she is a tough old bird. She’s technically 3-4 years old now, I think? and when I transitioned her outside, I basically just moved her around to keep her in the shade for most of the first day. Day two, she is in her new home, next to the tomato plants. Today is day three and she seems like she’s adjusting pretty well so far. Zero coddling for this babe. She’s in layers of compost and soil right now, basically the same as my tomatoes. I have more compost, Gaia and some recharge for amending along the way. This is total experiment mode! 🤞🤞 I’m not sure what she’ll do for flowering quite yet, but the tomatoes plants are already starting to produce. I’d assume Candida will start flowering too, if she hasn’t already with sitting in the dark!

That about wraps things up for now, my lovelies. Hope you are all doing well and sending loves to each and every one of you! :love:

Happy Sunday,HH! Great to see you!

The OK is the healthiest mostly yellow plant I've seen in awhile!
but her buds don't seem to be affected, and like folks say- "we're not harvesting leaves here"..:cheesygrinsmiley:

Purple Kush is gettin' there! I grew a Pink Kush that looked alot like that one, but shorter...
Zero coddling for this babe.
You mean besides having her own little fence? 🤪

J/k, HH- I'll bet she does great out there!
I'd feed her a little something pretty soon, though..:morenutes:

Lol, thats a good point fellas, I may need that fence to hold up some floppers! We have a pup that occasionally digs, so the baby gate is perfect to protect the tomatoes. I love being able to use some of the crap I have in the garage. Makes it feel like useful hoarding. 🤗

I took a couple of trich pics for OK again. The quality isn’t great, but I can see there’s still no ambers.
IMG_3713.jpeg
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3724.jpeg

Her leaves are pretty much all yellow now. I’m not sure how much gas she’s still got in the tank. Le sigh. The bummer is, I was hoping to let this one go to about 10-15% amber. I’m running out of before bed Kush oil and this would fill the order nicely…. If she can make it there! On the other hand, seeing yellow makes my snipping fingers twitch.

Everything else is plugging along. Outdoor Candida is starting to show some pistil action. I’ll remember to take my camera outside so I can snap a recent pic to share.

On another note, I’m starting to rethink this whole - not growing in Jul/Aug thing. Supplies are running out, and we’re down to the bottom of the barrel on the OG kush I recently harvested. Plus, I’ve received a lot of beans that I’m looking forward to dropping, it seems silly now. Real silly.

That’s about it for now. I hope you’re all doing well out there! Summer’s in full swing here and I hope you’re all enjoying as much as we are. 💗

Lol, thats a good point fellas, I may need that fence to hold up some floppers! We have a pup that occasionally digs, so the baby gate is perfect to protect the tomatoes. I love being able to use some of the crap I have in the garage. Makes it feel like useful hoarding. 🤗

I took a couple of trich pics for OK again. The quality isn’t great, but I can see there’s still no ambers.
IMG_3713.jpeg
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3724.jpeg

Her leaves are pretty much all yellow now. I’m not sure how much gas she’s still got in the tank. Le sigh. The bummer is, I was hoping to let this one go to about 10-15% amber. I’m running out of before bed Kush oil and this would fill the order nicely…. If she can make it there! On the other hand, seeing yellow makes my snipping fingers twitch.

Everything else is plugging along. Outdoor Candida is starting to show some pistil action. I’ll remember to take my camera outside so I can snap a recent pic to share.

On another note, I’m starting to rethink this whole - not growing in Jul/Aug thing. Supplies are running out, and we’re down to the bottom of the barrel on the OG kush I recently harvested. Plus, I’ve received a lot of beans that I’m looking forward to dropping, it seems silly now. Real silly.

That’s about it for now. I hope you’re all doing well out there! Summer’s in full swing here and I hope you’re all enjoying as much as we are. 💗
Ignore those yellow leaves HH. As long as they're still pushing the bud button they're good! :Rasta:

I'm with GDB- I think she'll keep ripening no matter what the leaves are doing..
Makes it feel like useful hoarding. 🤗
You knew you saved that stuff for something...🤔
Summer’s in full swing here and I hope you’re all enjoying as much as we are. 💗
It's a little hot, but I'm glad I don't live in Arizona like my son- 117f there today...😅

Ignore those yellow leaves HH. As long as they're still pushing the bud button they're good! :Rasta:
Thanks for the advice GDB, I need some help in the patience department. 🙌
It's a little hot, but I'm glad I don't live in Arizona like my son- 117f there today...😅
Yikes! Mr H is heading there later this week - glad it ain’t me!! That’s too hot!
I'm with GDB and Carcass, and I like the company I keep!
Thanks Shed, I like the company you keep too 💗

Hi again everyone! I hope you’re all doing well this fine Thursday afternoon. ☀️ I followed the advice of GDB, et. all, and haven’t harvested oriental kush yet. It’s been 10 days since I last checked her trichs and I’m starting to see a stray amber her and there I think…

IMG_3877.jpeg

@Virgin Ground - remember this?
IMG_3892.jpeg
IMG_3895.jpeg
IMG_3913.jpeg
IMG_3923.jpeg

So, I’m leaning more towards harvesting now. A little branch broke right at the mini cola end, so I clipped it off for a tester bud. It seemed pretty relaxing/drowsy, so I think it’ll do nicely for before bed and hopefully, oil too. I’m completely out of OG kush now and down to the very last of my mango kush oil, which I take before bed. 😱

Another reason is….
(try not to judge me too harshly when you see it) 😨

IMG_3875.jpeg

I don’t even know if she’s still functioning. I was solo Momming last week and found her, way overdried, looking like this. Poor, poor thing.

And while I’m revealing my shame … another victim.
IMG_3874.jpeg

I think my hopes of being able to supplement these 3 gal pots to the finish line, have been dashed. 💔

Anyhow, so I’m thinking about harvesting OK today or tomorrow, unless you all still think she can go more, despite her uggo-ness?

I don’t want to finish this post with sour notes, so I’ll show the one bright spot in my current grow situation - outdoor candida
IMG_3934.jpeg
IMG_3935.jpeg
IMG_3936.jpeg

Not too shabby considering how she started out on this outdoor adventure. I schlepped (😁) her to the other side of the tomato bed. Our neighbor has a tree that is casting an annoying shadow for too long in the day on that other side, so we’ll see if this is any better for her.

So, yeah.. mixed bag in the hideout now. I’m moving over to planning mode to figure out what and how I’ll be doing for the next grow. Lots of new beans to choose from, so once I narrow it down, I may need some voters to help me make final decisions. ✅
Aba-dee, aba-dee, aba-dee, That’s all folks! 🐷 :love:

(try not to judge me too harshly when you see it) 😨
Nah, she's just looking a little rough, and all those leaves are coming off at harvest time anyway... if they come off before that, just makes for an easier trim..✂️
So, I’m leaning more towards harvesting now.
I think I would, like this weekend or so....
I've had a few indoor ladies that barely got any amber, even after giving them an extra 2 weeks...

And that purple one looks super exotic- purple and yellow go together like peas and carrots... 😁

Nah, she's just looking a little rough, and all those leaves are coming off at harvest time anyway... if they come off before that, just makes for an easier trim..✂️

I think I would, like this weekend or so....
I've had a few indoor ladies that barely got any amber, even after giving them an extra 2 weeks...

And that purple one looks super exotic- purple and yellow go together like peas and carrots... 😁
:) thanks Carcass. It’s should be a quick trim this time, since every leaf is already toast! I’ll be doing a bud wash on this one for sure. There was enough hair in my trich pics to guarantee that, but I also think it helps when the leaves are crispy like this. Otherwise they crust off and stick to the buds. Lol, the purple and yellow sure is pretty, but man, it would be nice to see a plant finish green. It’s been a tough road trying to figure out the Sohum.
Hi heavenly I like the looks of the O Kush for the taking myself! Usually I go for them soon as any amber comes up.
Candida's starting to bunch up! That's nice! Buds soon! They all look happy to me!
Thanks Stone, I think so too. I asked VG and she said with the leaves gone, it won’t be worth keeping her up anymore. I think today is the day! ✂️ Im pretty glad I stuck that Candida outside. A new adventure and she’s keeping my spirits up so far! 🌻

Hello, hello! I’m slacking on harvest, but that hasn’t stopped my twitching hand. Not trimming hand, but my dropping hand…. 😁

Droppin beans!!
IMG_3940.jpeg

I thought I was going to have a tough time deciding which seeds for this round. I’ve been gifted beans from a few 420 seed fairies (thank you all!) and I was pleasantly surprised when decisive double H showed up. I didn’t even have to ask for Mr. H’s input. 🥳 Fate did help a little, cause I can’t find some of the beans I needed to choose from. I imagine they’ll turn up as soon as these all sprout and it’s no longer an option. So we’ve got:

Gorilla glue #4 (VG/Chris)
Peyote forum (seedsman)
DTF (stank style!)
Limonade skunk (victory seeds)

A huge thank you to @Virgin Ground and @BooWho2 for these awesome new seeds!!

I soaked them for a day and a half on accident, so hopefully they haven’t drowned. But they each had little tails popping out (sorry no pics) and into the jiffy pellets they went!

IMG_3988.jpeg

I haven’t fully decided which nutes/dirt I’ll be using. Sohum has given me a rough time at the finish line, but I also haven’t fully done it “right” either. On the other hand, I’m not even sure I can get promix here anymore, so I’ll have to do some real investigating locally. But either way, these babies are on their way now! :D

And now, I’m back to procrastinating OK’s harvest. Hope you all have a good weekend! 🌟

Ooh ooh ooh a DTF sighting! Was a big fave around here for a long while. Congrats on all the new beans! :thumb:

If the Oriental Kush is still drinking I'd let it ride with so much clear in the trichs, and the PK looks positively delicious in spite of the neglect! Sometimes life gets in the way but the jars still get filled.

Oh yeah, and the Candida is going to need all that support fencing come fall! You'll probably have to crawl under it to harvest. :)

Hi again grow buddies! I ended up taking a spontaneous trip to Bend, OR for a few days. Kind of irresponsible for a lady who just dropped 4 beans!! 😮 I put the jiffy pellets into solos, watered the new surrounding dirt (Happy Frog) pretty well and hoped for the best.

When I returned, I found these!
IMG_4012.jpeg
IMG_4013.jpeg
IMG_4014.jpeg

Limonade skunk was playing where’s Waldo?
IMG_4015.jpeg

Here she is!
IMG_4017.jpeg
I gave her some time to try to work it off on her own. She did a bit, but I finally helped her off with the shell, and I’m glad I did intervene, because the membrane was still covering her leaves. I gently pulled it off and here she is now, ready to face the world!
IMG_4084.jpeg

4/4 is always a pleasant surprise, especially when I was a little worried I had drowned them!
IMG_4085.jpeg

So the next grow is underway!

I still need to harvest OK, but I’m kind of glad I procrastinated on her a bit. I took some new pics and a couple turned out well enough to kinda see.
IMG_4051.jpeg
IMG_4055.jpeg
IMG_4046.jpeg

The pics didn’t turn out very clear, but I could see in the zoomed camera screen, the trichomes did in fact whiten up more. It’s drinking slowly still, but I feel more comfortable about chopping her now.

I’m a little curious about purple kush, she seems like she’s drinking slower than the OK is! I’ll watch her for a couple more days and see if anything changes, but maybe she’s ready for harvest too? I haven’t looked at her trichomes or anything yet, but it is curious. I didn’t think she was that far along.

Thats what’s going on over here. I hope you’re all doing well and your gardens are Sauga green! 💚

Happy Mother's Day HH! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom