Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Hey everyone! Just a small update for the couple of things I did to try and address the color loss for my girls.

I turned the lights down just a smidge to reduce any stress that might come from that. I gave a light watering with the recharge yesterday.

Then I did more research on my new product - which I stated the wrong name before (oops!!) - it’s natures living soil concentrate (not Mother Earth), for anyone who wants to look it up and then help with advice. It looks like it can be used for a top dress or a tea, so since I don’t have a bubbler or whatever it is I need to make a tea, I decided to give it a light top dress this morning. I know I’ve been watering them too much the last couple days, so I will wait for a full dry cycle before I try adding anything else to the mix.

I decided to go light on the top dress because I can’t let go of the idea that the mix I added for the uppot is actually what a grower would use for an entire grow. I’m not ready to give up on it yet. I also don’t want to add too much if the roots finally connect with the concentrate, and then deal with it being too hot. Hopefully the ladies can hang in there long enough for me to get this straightened out!

I hope you’re all doing well this week and I hope the next time I’m here, I have some better news!

Hey Heavenly - as a living soil grower of quite a few years now, in both DIY soil and a commercial kit, let me weigh in. First...

Looks like the roots aren't 'hooked' up yet. Probably going through a bit of adjustment going from salt based to organic. It takes a few days for the herd to populate and start producing exudates to exchange with the plant.

What she said. Plus. Living soil container growing is about creating an entire soil universe for the roots to be part of. I’d think having half a pot with plain Pro Mix is half a pot of ‘dead zone’. If there’s no soil life, there’s nothing happening.

Don’t be afraid to add full doses of whatever you’re top dressing - that top half of the soil really needs some infusion of life!

Use the whole of the pot! ;)

Hey Heavenly - as a living soil grower of quite a few years now, in both DIY soil and a commercial kit, let me weigh in. First...

What she said. Plus. Living soil container growing is about creating an entire soil universe for the roots to be part of. I’d think having half a pot with plain Pro Mix is half a pot of ‘dead zone’. If there’s no soil life, there’s nothing happening.

Don’t be afraid to add full doses of whatever you’re top dressing - that top half of the soil really needs some infusion of life!

Use the whole of the pot! ;)
That makes sense. I’ll give it another little layer for the next watering too. :thanks:

There is a Vietnam black cut that has been around for years that is ridiculously potent.. total day wrecker like @Pennywise

:passitleft: :passitleft:
is it a slightly fatleaved cut? and effect? i know there is a southern x northern viet Line around whera the northern part is like Chinese Type Strain, hempy and weak. So if that would be it, it is still potent , but more rushy than a pure thin viet. Wich i remeber so well.. Insanely trippy.

Hello again grow buddies! I was hoping to be back again with good news, but I’m just back with medium news. They are looking better.. but they still look like crap... I am not okay with this! The new growth is looking better, even though they’re pale af. I’m patiently waiting as they slowly start to... turn around (every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears)
335A0A23-C52E-41D1-BDB3-6D275EE6C8D3.jpeg
E571CE85-0AE0-47FC-B160-4309B6E82CF0.jpeg
404A4439-1473-4AD8-A84B-DDB8C8D8F59B.jpeg
9247CC8F-DB03-4FA7-A032-9546349B4253.jpeg

Poor things! So far I was able to feed her the probiotic and a top dress to help get the herd going. I made a tea, and I hoped to apply it today, but they are still pretty heavy and wet. Maybe I’ll just give them a little squirt at the root ball and wait?

Anyhow, that’s where they’re at. I was originally hoping to be flipping right now. So much for keeping them small this time around... o_O I’ll have to wait and see how long to take to recover, and what size they are. I may need to take one or two out. We’ll see.

I hope you’re all doing well. Sending loves to anyone who needs it right now :love: and to the ones who don’t, too :):love:

turn around (every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears)
Bright eyes!!!
Every now and then I fall apart!!!

You just dropped the Bonnie Tyler....nice!!!

They unfortunately take some time to turn around. I need to go back a page and compare color but the tops look good.

Edit. Slightly paler but I think you are going in the right direction.

"It's a Heartache"...when your plants aren't healthy around flip time...
Wish I could help, HH, but I have no idea why your ladies are doing that...

"It's a Heartache"...when your plants aren't healthy around flip time...
Wish I could help, HH, but I have no idea why your ladies are doing that...
Haha, nice one!

Thanks for the support carcass and VG, :love: as long as they keep improving, I’ll be all right.

When you change horses in mid-stream you're liable to get a bit wet!

That's my metaphor for the evening. :)
Lol, that’s some dad advice for sure!! :laughtwo: And very accurate.

Hi grow buddies! I don’t have much of an update for today. I’ve been wiped out all week after my month of madness and I haven’t taken any garden pics for a week. I do however, have a pic of the current smoke selection!
44E9C2DD-7F9D-497D-8823-BC0750901B11.jpeg

I've finally been able to smoke again! :Rasta:The sore throat still gets irritated if I smoke too much, but I can at least sample some of these new buds now. :)

I must say I am really pleased with how the bubble gum turned out. It’s been my go to smoke day or night for the most part. So nice and relaxing. Sour tangie is another nice new addition to the rotation. Nice, pleasant, energetic high and the smell and flavor of tangerine is so prevalent. The others, I haven’t had as much of a chance to fully try yet. The strawberry cheesecake is nice too, but I’m afraid I let her go too long, cause she makes me crash out after the main buzz wears off. More testing is needed still though!

Tomorrow is a big work day, I finally got some more promix in house, so I can uppot the Candidas + Afghani and then flip after a few days recovery. These girls are threatening to get too big if I wait much longer! Pics tomorrow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hope you’re all doing well and will be staying safe this coming new year! I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I can’t wait to kiss 2020 goodbye and send her on her merry way!
Yum! How is the Obama Kush?

Heavenly, I started at the end of your thread and worked my way back, so this post is kinda' out of place.

Regarding your discussion about the super soil, I've used it before but not with Pro Mix. I used it with FFOF, mixed the same way you did (bottom 3rd). But I started the seed in the pot (it was buried in its final home). I believe the FFOF sustained the plant just long enough for the super soil to be ready and waiting for just a few roots to reach it. Then things took off.

I'm getting ready to run a few autos in concentrated super soil again, but they are in solo cups and getting 1.5g of Mega Crop. When I up-pot them to their 3 gallon final pots with the super soil mix I'm going to do their initial watering with 1.5g of MC. And, depending on how they look after that, maybe the second feed as well.

Hopefully the soil will be ready by time the roots start growing into it.

I pretty sure you'll figure out what you need to do because that's what you do!: Found:

BTW the first plant I grew in SS was a Dark Devil back in March of last year.

P1020930.JPG

Peace!

Happy New Year, HH, and congrats on the new light! :tommy:
Sorry to hear about your issues with the new soil mix. I'm curious what made you decide to change to the living soil concentrate. Your previous grows looked pretty darn good to me.

Back
Top Bottom