Help: Pineapple Haze

bigcole9256

420 Member
Pineapple haze, topped it first time, it looked okay until recently, I just watered her so idk what’s going on, it’s not too much water I don’t think

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pineapple haze, topped it first time, it looked okay until recently, I just watered her so idk what’s going on, it’s not too much water I don’t think

image.jpg

image.jpg
You probably let her sit in runoff by the looks of it so it looks like over watering.

Looks like overwatering or N setting off which can happen if calcium is low then added (calmag for first time, or too much) or if the plant finds a heavy source of N it wasn’t tapping.

Need a bit more information:

-Medium
-nutrients/feedings
-watering habits
-environment

Is it in soil? Always better to take pics in natural/white light so we can see the plant fully and get the full picture. As much info as possible helps diagnosis.

If you're in soil I wouldn't water again until the pot is nice and light. She how she is then.

With not much other information I’d have to concur overwatering. Those plastic sided containers hold water for a very long time. A plant that size, in those containers (recently topped as well) under a smaller light could very easily take 2-4 weeks between watering if you’re in soil.

I'd have to agree on the overwatering. Puffy leaves pointing lower to where their stress is, at the roots.

Welcome to :420:, @bigcole9256 !

For your next round, consider joining us over in #SIP Club where you'll get perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself.

For this round, try letting the plant media dry out a bit. Are you watering on a schedule, or only when the plant requests it?

tapered containers aren't great as well. they are meant for house plants and hold the water table longer and higher. you want straight sides in a cannabis grow, even in a hard side bucket.

@Wastei hinted at it. the slight over water look is probably from a tapered bucket, and not just sitting in run off. if both are happening it will only exacerbate.

you want straight sides and an air space under the bucket between the bucket and drain tray.

tapered containers aren't great as well. they are meant for house plants and hold the water table longer and higher. you want straight sides in a cannabis grow, even in a hard side bucket.

@Wastei hinted at it. the slight over water look is probably from a tapered bucket, and not just sitting in run off. if both are happening it will only exacerbate.

you want straight sides and an air space under the bucket between the bucket and drain tray.
Maybe there's not even any holes for drainage and runoff? It looks like bowls for making food more than plant pots? I've always used regular buckets from the hardware store.

Yepp get them of the floor on some netting or shoe rack or whatever. They should have aeration going under the pots to increase aeration and drainage.

Maybe there's not even any holes for drainage and runoff?

tapered houseplant buckets are intended retain moisture to hold the plant in stasis and require minimal feeding, halting or slowing plant development.

Lol I got the pots from Walmart I’m using coco loco and ocean forest, with perlite I think I might report it cause it’s not looking healthy cause there’s one branch twisting it’s weird. It’s my first time growing and never had a green thumb, the plant has had its first top, she about amost 2 months old, slow grower because the tip of the tap root was turning a little brownish when I put her in the soil, I was surprised she grew, and was doing good! Only have that plant going at the time but she’s smelling hella good like had the whole house smelling and she was in a tent, I flushed her, waited a couple days feed her the fourth week of the fox farm feeding schedule and then see that.. idk what I’m doing I’m just blind siding it and trying to learn

Update, why are the branches curving to the sides? I feed it the week court h as usual, it looked good for a while but the
image.jpg
branches are turning?
Consistent with overwatering. We call it that but in truth you technically can't give it too much water in one go. What we call over watering is really a lack of oxygen to the roots. Let the thing dry out until the container is surprisingly light when you pick it up. Only then should you give it more.

Lol I got the pots from Walmart

lol from wal-marts extensive cannabis section ?

I’m using coco loco and ocean forest, with perlite I think I might report it cause it’s not looking healthy

oh, a frankenmix. good luck. coco loco holds excess water by design.

this might help with feeding intervals at least

lol from wal-marts extensive cannabis section ?

I check every stores garden center. You never know what kind of one offs you may find there. However, in stores like Walmart and regional large grocery stores, the soils, bagged products, etc. always look to be in the absolute worst shape imaginable. If I was going to choose an example of terribly stored products it would be one of them

I check every stores garden center. You never know what kind of one offs you may find there. However, in stores like Walmart and regional large grocery stores, the soils, bagged products, etc. always look to be in the absolute worst shape imaginable. If I was going to choose an example of terribly stored products it would be one of them

i'll load up on known good products from places like wal-mart or another big box when i can get what i want on sale. i grabbed several bags of both hp promix and garden promix a couple yrs ago as it was selling for more than half of my local garden / hydro supply shop.

they even have ph adjuster cheaper. stuff like that i'll keep an eye out for.

i'll load up on known good products from places like wal-mart or another big box when i can get what i want on sale. i grabbed several bags of both hp promix and garden promix a couple yrs ago as it was selling for more than half of my local garden / hydro supply shop.

they even have ph adjuster cheaper. stuff like that i'll keep an eye out for.

It’s likely my timing then.. I spend my springs in nurseries and grow stores so by the time I’m paying attention to grocery stores it’s all picked over.

However yes, you can get some sweet deals.. I found 4 pounds of reputable kelp meal for 5$ cuz the package was ripped above the zipper.

Back
Top Bottom