Hi everyone, I am here to discuss the Martian Method

Is that using red LEDs 24/7 even when the other lights are off?

I don’t believe it ever caught on.
That is the general premise but this summary leaves out the "why." Likely the complexity of the topic devolved public interest over time (though those who still research this do so fervently and with excellent results) while much of this type of research today is financed by universities and NASA. e.g., OptimIA

Effectively the purpose is to achieve greater Oxygen Evolution: Photosynthesis involves capturing light energy to convert water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2) into sugar (glucose) and oxygen (O2). Oxygen evolution is an indicator of photosynthetic activity.

The Emerson Effect explains that combining short wave (blue) light with long wave (red) light can lead to a synergistic effect, enhancing photosynthesis beyond the efficiency of using only one wavelength. This is because plants have two photosystems (I and II) that work together:

Photosystem II: Primarily absorbs blue light and is responsible for splitting water molecules, releasing oxygen (O2) as a byproduct.

Photosystem I: Primarily absorbs red light and is involved in the light-dependent reactions that convert NADP+ to NADPH, a key electron carrier in photosynthesis.

When only red light is available, photosystem I might be limited by the availability of electrons from photosystem II (which needs blue light to function). This can lead to a bottleneck and less efficient oxygen evolution.

Key Point:

For optimal photosynthesis, both short wave (blue) and long wave (red) light are important. While red and blue are the most crucial for photosynthesis, other wavelengths like green light can also play a role in plant growth and morphology.

TL;DR:

Optimal light is different plant to plant; sensors like chlorophyll analyzers, quantum sensors, CO2 sensors, and other types of sensitive equipment can measure things like chlorophyll inflorescence and dynamically adjust light in real-time to accelerate a plant's lifecycle by weeks or months. We are still in the baby-steps of this type of research. OLED's have not even gone commercial yet.

I8L5f.jpg

One of the early facts I learned is that the sun is not a continuous spectrum.

spectral-lines_hydrogen_sun.png

I am here to connect with hobbyists and professional scientists actively involved in areas of research surrounding this topic and other topics related to accelerating lifecycles.

I will be muting trolls and request that trolls find another place to squat.

The beauty of these technologies is being able to target specific expressions much like we can imagine a physical address allows us to send mail to a specific mailbox.

I have lighting schedules for prioritizing bud density, or prioritizing full-spectrum terpenes, or even prioritizing terpenes which target CB1 or CB2 receptors, or if you want the plant to stay 1' x 1' or 2' x 2', or 3' x 3', or not to exceed 5' height or 6' or 7', or viscous resin vs condensed hard resin, or if you want to replicate a specific climate like high-altitude Afghanistan, Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountains, or Bolikhamsai, Laos on the Mekong River.

This technology is so advanced yet I still see bro-science people on other forums say "LED's don't work bro."

Knowing that I want to grow the community of people walking the tight-rope of this information.

And for the haters and unproductive critics, skip along, we are here to iron sharpen iron.

AI with the accurate explainer.​

Q: Why would someone be motivated to verbally harrass a group of people discussing The Emerson Enhancement Effect?​

AI: There are several reasons why someone might verbally harass a group discussing The Emerson Enhancement Effect. Here are some possibilities:​

• Attention Seeking: The harasser might be seeking attention and may disrupt the discussion to be the center of focus.
  • Moderate the Discussion: It might be necessary to remove the harasser from the online space.
  • Misunderstanding of the Topic: Perhaps the person misunderstands the concept of The Emerson Enhancement Effect and believes the discussion is about something else entirely. This could lead to confusion and frustration, manifesting as verbal harassment.
  • Trolling: It's possible the person is online trolling, aiming to deliberately provoke a negative reaction from the group.

For the moment I believe the crowd who is curious of this technology still exists here. If online forums are a place where everyone is harassed by the same class of people without moderation then that may be a good call to keep research offline, close the account, and publish another book on the topic.

kennedy-space-center.jpg

Are you really obsessed with something if after 18 years you do not have an invention to show for it?

Here are 2 of many different cobs I had engineered.

These are one-offs; not a product.

Each cob is 708 watts.

Each with 708 one watt diodes with a set ratio of red, green, and blue.

I designed the ratio based upon my research.

So you are looking at 1416 watts squeezed into roughly the size of 4 matchbooks or what normally is the size of 2 100/150w cobs.

The blue is a plastic protector film.
708.jpg

I first started reading about it back in 2008 and have actively researched it since then. Any martians out there?
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Anything I can help with let me know. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Are you really obsessed with something if after 18 years you do not have an invention to show for it?

Here are 2 of many different cobs I had engineered.

These are one-offs; not a product.

Each cob is 708 watts.

Each with 708 one watt diodes with a set ratio of red, green, and blue.

I designed the ratio based upon my research.

So you are looking at 1416 watts squeezed into roughly the size of 4 matchbooks or what normally is the size of 2 100/150w cobs.

The blue is a plastic protector film.
708.jpg
Just curious, do you have a smoke detector in the grow area?
Check this thread. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Led tech works fine! You can have the best set up God ever made and never attain my level of skill BRO!

Your responses seem to be whooshing OP 🤣

I can say that if someone comes here making bold claims (like speeding up growth by months) but can’t defend any of them except for calling people names and muting them, it doesn’t bode well for their arguments. If you can prove it, good luck, just remember, a lot of folks here have been growing this plant for far longer than scientists have so you’ll have to excuse their skepticism.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @RGB Interesting theory you have there.

Will you actually be growing and showing this new method?
Do you have any images of this process?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

I first started reading about it back in 2008 and have actively researched it since then. Any martians out there?

:welcome: to the forum @RGB :passitleft: Any Martians? Of course there are, men are from Mars, women are from Venus, and I heard all other genders come from Uranus :rofl::rofl: sorry :hmmmm: been waiting to use that one :snowboating:

I think it's time to move on and compare your own findings to more recent up to date work? It's a fun experiment but comparing first generations LED's to modern full spectrum diodes won't get much support as a better alternative I'm afraid.

The Emerson Enhancement effect are present in modern full spectrum LED's with added IR at different wavelengths? What are we here to discuss?

Have you done any lab testing and side by sides to compare your own results to already established and available products?

Back
Top Bottom